Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hidden operator changes?

Joezone619

Since sisters of parvos launched, I've been noticing changes with operators, and not good ones. 

-Void dash costs more
-Energy regen has been nerfed
-Void chrysalis (uniaru ability) has been nerfed to 20% dmg reduction

I'm not just losing it here either, if you go check the description of void chrysalis maxed out it says 80%, but when you go into a mission and use void mode, it suddenly says 20%. And as far as i can see, there are no mentions of any of these in the patch notes.

I'm wonder, if anyone has picked up on any other changes, please post it in comments.

I'm sure it was a malicious nerf.

I mean, they said one thing in the description and its another in-mission even.

Has to be intentional. Dont report it. Lets grab our pitchforks and torches and storm Canada for Turkeys.

On console "Y" won't let me use a million focus and a brilliant shard to unbind a waybound thingy. I spam Y, hold Y, try other buttons, none work. Using default control scheme. Already tried bug reporting with tracing, so waiting for that. Tho they've released the hotfix that fixed the Nightwave shop since then. Maybe just a longer fix

2 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

Since sisters of parvos launched, I've been noticing changes with operators, and not good ones. 

-Void dash costs more
-Energy regen has been nerfed
-Void chrysalis (uniaru ability) has been nerfed to 20% dmg reduction

I'm not just losing it here either, if you go check the description of void chrysalis maxed out it says 80%, but when you go into a mission and use void mode, it suddenly says 20%. And as far as i can see, there are no mentions of any of these in the patch notes.

I'm wonder, if anyone has picked up on any other changes, please post it in comments.

I use operator always, literally, and I don't seen any chanegs in void dash cost or energy regen (using zenurik, unairu and vazarin mainly). The "Void Chrysalis nerf" it's just showing that you take 20% of damage, probably related to the global chanegs on DMG reduction, wich no longer reduces damage for that value but isntead it's the damage you will recieve, so it doesn't stack like before with other DMG reduction mods, arcanes or abilities. This post explain it better:

On 2021-07-06 at 11:02 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Damage Resistance Mod Math Changes:

The following changes occurred due to the following scenario being shared:

A player reported that combining Umbral Mods + Adaptation + Lightning Rod on any Warframe made them fully immune to all damage from the Hydrolyst Eidolon.

Prior to this discovery, we already made sure we couldn’t reach 100% Damage Resistance because that would just be excessive in all cases. You can see this in action when we capped the ‘In Air’ Damage Resistance Mods. Even though the Mods theoretically could reach 100% Damage Resistance, there is a hard cap at 90%. 

In response and to avoid future oversights, we have changed the way Damage Resistance works. It now works on ‘Damage Remaining’ instead of having all the Modifiers combined and operating at once. 

Example: 
Consider the case of:
4x 25% Damage Resistance Mods:

WAS: (25% + 25% + 25% + 25%) = 100% Damage Reduction

NEW: Take 25% Less Damage = Only take 75% Damage

0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 = 31.5% damage taken AKA 68.5% damage reduction

So instead "80% Damage reduction" shown on UI, it's currently showing "You'll take 20% of incoming damage"

22 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I use operator always, literally, and I don't seen any chanegs in void dash cost or energy regen (using zenurik, unairu and vazarin mainly)

I also use operator a lot, with zenurik tree fully maxed out, unairu tree fully maxed out, all way-bound passives fully maxed, and i notice these things. Void dash seems like its taking 5-15% more energy, and the delay for energy regen feels like its increased at least 1-2 seconds.

22 minutes ago, vanaukas said:
On 2021-07-06 at 11:02 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Damage Resistance Mod Math Changes:

The following changes occurred due to the following scenario being shared:

A player reported that combining Umbral Mods + Adaptation + Lightning Rod on any Warframe made them fully immune to all damage from the Hydrolyst Eidolon.

Prior to this discovery, we already made sure we couldn’t reach 100% Damage Resistance because that would just be excessive in all cases. You can see this in action when we capped the ‘In Air’ Damage Resistance Mods. Even though the Mods theoretically could reach 100% Damage Resistance, there is a hard cap at 90%. 

In response and to avoid future oversights, we have changed the way Damage Resistance works. It now works on ‘Damage Remaining’ instead of having all the Modifiers combined and operating at once. 

Example: 
Consider the case of:
4x 25% Damage Resistance Mods:

WAS: (25% + 25% + 25% + 25%) = 100% Damage Reduction

NEW: Take 25% Less Damage = Only take 75% Damage

0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 = 31.5% damage taken AKA 68.5% damage reduction

So instead "80% Damage reduction" shown on UI, it's currently showing "You'll take 20% of incoming damage"

This makes more sense now, but they should probably fix the description.

48 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

I also use operator a lot, with zenurik tree fully maxed out, unairu tree fully maxed out, all way-bound passives fully maxed, and i notice these things. Void dash seems like its taking 5-15% more energy, and the delay for energy regen feels like its increased at least 1-2 seconds.

This makes more sense now, but they should probably fix the description.

The thing that chanegs was the UI related to Void Energy tho, so maybe it's an UI change? Because I didn't notice any change, but I use Magus Cloud so maybe I didn't feel any change because I'm always full of energy if some enemy is nearby.

47 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

The "Void Chrysalis nerf" it's just showing that you take 20% of damage, probably related to the global chanegs on DMG reduction, wich no longer reduces damage for that value but isntead it's the damage you will recieve, so it doesn't stack like before with other DMG reduction mods, arcanes or abilities. This post explain it better:

That's not how the UI displays DR. It always shows how much damage you're resisting, not what percent you take, even after the damage type modifiers change.

That aside, Void Chrysalis actually broken. Doesn't provide any DR to your own frame while in Void mode, only allies. It's still 80% on them

4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

The thing that chanegs was the UI related to Void Energy tho, so maybe it's an UI change? Because I didn't notice any change, but I use Magus Cloud so maybe I didn't feel any change because I'm always full of energy if some enemy is nearby.

that's likely because dashing through enemies will restore energy, I'm talking about just void dashing without restore energy, it feels like it takes a bit more energy, not much but enough to reduce your total jumps by 1 in most cases, at least with the zenurik and naramon way-bound passives unlocked & maxed.

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

That's not how the UI displays DR. It always shows how much damage you're resisting, not what percent you take, even after the damage type modifiers change.

That aside, Void Chrysalis actually broken. Doesn't provide any DR to your own frame while in Void mode, only allies. It's still 80% on them

Then it's a bug and should be reported. I honestly don't use Void Chrysalis and Void Shadow, since those nodes drain too much energy for the job they do and I can't go back from maxed state.

13 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

that's likely because dashing through enemies will restore energy, I'm talking about just void dashing without restore energy, it feels like it takes a bit more energy, not much but enough to reduce your total jumps by 1 in most cases, at least with the zenurik and naramon way-bound passives unlocked & maxed.

Yeah, that's why I'm bringing up Magus Cloud, I was going to test but I don't even remember how many dash I can do until depletion, since I've use that arcane since the rework. It's like tryng to remember how many dahes I needed for certain tilesets without naramon/zenurik nodes, without disabling them... 

Archived