Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor Needs A Buff.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

I honestly can’t remember the last time I saw someone using a simulor. That’s how unpopular it has become. 

Granted I do understand the main reason for the Nerf. At least I hope it was the main reason. People complaining that too many flashy orbs filling up the room. I had to tell one dude to make the energy color black just so it would be easier to see. Course not everybody used such common sense. Plus the trolls. 

But the nerf to me was too much. Like turning the galatine prime into a toothpick. And without completely changing the nerf, I do feel like one little change needs to be done to make the weapon more useful. 

The way the weapon works now is that when shooting multiple orbs, they merge into a vortex that pulls items into it. As of now you can only create a few of those vortexes before the little orbs stop merging. Problem with that is those little orbs don’t do a lot, and it’s very tedious trying to make the vortexes explode every time. 

So my suggestion is that there should be a change where you can only create up to like maybe 5 or so vortexes but any additional ones made will cause the earliest ones to explode. So let’s say 5 is the limit. If I create 5 vortexes, then go to create a sixth, the first vortex will explode, leaving only 5 remaining. Which will repeat. That way the simulor can do a decent amount of damage without flooding the rooms with giant flashy vortexes. Of course an additional option is too make them not so flashy. Things were just fine until DE decided to make them flashy. 

That’s all I’m suggesting. Shouldn’t be an issue. And being that the simulor has dropped drastically in popularity, definitely should be considered. I only know one guy who liked using the simulor. And he basically stopped playing warframe because of it. All them other nerfs annoyed him. Even some past nerfs to the simulor. This huge nerf finally ticked him off. 

But now the weapon is useless if not extra tedious, or both. I haven’t seen anybody trying to use the weapon since the nerf. There may be some here and there who use it long enough to gain MR. or they are newbies who haven’t discovered any of the currently superior weapons. For a group that wants the weapons to be balanced, why do y’all constantly nerf good weapons to the ground? The simulor wasn’t all that popular before the nerf. Most just hated seeing hundreds of vortexes flooding the rooms. As I just provided a simple solution, why completely nerf it to the ground? Heck some have completely buried the weapon at this point. 

Current simulors wouldnt be bad if their singularities werent bugged.
ATM if you directly shoot a the pop bubble into a singularity for merger, nothing happens, if you shoot it outside of the singularity but within attract range, you get merger damage which is actually solid enough for hallway control on steel path.

11 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Too many old and new videos to know what's current

how does the simulor work nowadays?

is the main DPS from the Explosion? or from the Merge?

I've been just alternately tapping Fire and Alt, so I throw out orbs then blow them up repeatedly. Not bothering with this vortex placement thing.

Dunno if I'm doing it right....

At first it use to shoot indefinitely. When 5 orbs merge they created a vortex that deals constant increased damage while magnetically pulling everything into it. 

Then they reduced the damage some but made it where it took 3 orbs to create a vortex. With 200% multi shot, it was a guaranteed vortex every time it fired. 

Then DE made some slight changes to the graphics that made the vortexes all bright and such. You can see how big they were more clearly. But that lead to entire areas being flooded with bright orbs that made it very difficult to see. Told one dude I was playing with to make the energy color black just so I can see. Hallways were a really big issue to run through with all those vortexes blocking my view.

Now DE has made them where you can only have a few vortexes out. The rest of the smaller orbs will just remain as they are until the vortexes are destroyed. Which the quickest way is to use the Alt-Fire button to make them explode which does more damage at a wider range than the little orbs. 

My suggestion is to simply allow the orbs to continue to merge into the stronger vortexes but exceeding the limited amount will cause the earliest ones to automatically explode. I figured at least 5 orbs would be the perfect amount given their limited range and such. 

Am 20.7.2021 um 16:16 schrieb (PSN)chris1pat8twins:

I honestly can’t remember the last time I saw someone using a simulor. That’s how unpopular it has become.

almost all weapons need extreme buff. Probably over 90% ranged weapons are for the garbage can and have poor all-round performance.

top weapons often come with new updates. why don't you use them until they are also nerfed?

On 2021-07-20 at 4:16 PM, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Synoid Simulor is still used ... in Sanctuary Onslaught (Elite) because all Suda weapons give you energy boost sparring you the obligation using the Zenurik school.

On 2021-07-21 at 4:17 PM, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

My suggestion is to simply allow the orbs to continue to merge into the stronger vortexes but exceeding the limited amount will cause the earliest ones to automatically explode. I figured at least 5 orbs would be the perfect amount given their limited range and such. 

Basically the same people who complain about having to clic for triggering Penta Explosion ... So you want a simulor for lazy tenno, a "Carmine Simulor". Good Idea ... for a new weapon.

52 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

almost all weapons need extreme buff. Probably over 90% ranged weapons are for the garbage can and have poor all-round performance.

top weapons often come with new updates. why don't you use them until they are also nerfed?

Because All players are not Damage-Mongers, they sometimes like one weapon design, history and effects ... and know this :
-Not all weapons need buffs : Buff all and they will all be equally boring
-Top weapons come with Top Bugs : I don't play them until they are fixed !
-Top weapons are nerfed because they did not work as intended
-Why we (or I) don't ONLY-USE-TOP-WEAPONS : I'm not a last-fashion victim, New is not always better

vor 12 Minuten schrieb RLanzinger:

Because All players are not Damage-Mongers, they sometimes like one weapon design, history and effects ... and know this :

-Not all weapons need buffs : Buff all and they will all be equally boring
-Top weapons come with Top Bugs : I don't play them until they are fixed !
-Top weapons are nerfed because they did not work as intended
-Why we (or I) don't ONLY-USE-TOP-WEAPONS : I'm not a last-fashion victim, New is not always better

if you want to suffer, it's your business too.
but some do everything to see no solutions.

On 2021-07-20 at 10:47 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Too many old and new videos to know what's current

how does the simulor work nowadays?

is the main DPS from the Explosion? or from the Merge?

currently it's like a more convoluted Penta.

such a shame, it used to be useful for both merging, Continuous Damage, and detonation. instead of just one of them.

🧐 Is Synoid Simulor so Bad or nerfed ... Let's look about the boost, the nerfed and the fixes :

================================================================================

Update 17.3 (2015-09-02) : Introduced
-Update 18.8 (2016-04-06) : Tweaked the Stug and Simulor projectiles to properly appear stacked instead of hovering over each other. This also improves the projectiles landing position on objects.
-Hotfix 19.5.4 (2017-01-03) : Reduced volume and cleaned up audio of Synoid Simulor when being used by other players.

Update 20.0 (2017-03-24)

• The Status Chance increased to 35%
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 4.
  • A critical chance of 5% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 per orb to 75 (300 at full stack).
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-8 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from 150-250 to 20-50
  • The Synoid Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 75.

Update 24.2 (2018-12-18)

Simulor series changes:

• Changed from semi-auto to automatic.
  • Added a small amount of recoil for feedback when firing.
  • Now has proper accuracy stats so mods will effect it.
  • Firestorm and Terminal Velocity Mods can now be equipped.
  • Reduced Aim Zoom from 2.23 to 1.6x.
  • Damage-over-time damage is now affected by damage mods.
  • Updated the overall FX.

Synoid Simulor

• Fire Rate increased from 2.67 to 3.33.
  • Ammo capacity increased from 75 to 96.
  • Clip size increased from 15 to 16.
  • Critical Chance increased from 5% to 14%.

Update 27.2 (2020-03-05)

Self Damage Changes : In addition to Self Damage being removed, some of the more powerful AOE weapons without Self Damage presently will have the Stagger added, but it should only be noticeable in cases of extreme inaccuracy on the player’s part. The Weapons include: Synoid Simulor.

Update 27.4 (2020-05-01)

We have made the following changes to the Simulor:

• Increased per stack damage for stacked orbs for Synoid Simulor: 20 to 80
  • Increased damage of exploding vortexes for Synoid Simulor: 75 to 240
  • Increased the duration of active vortexes to 20 seconds before they explode (unless done so manually).
  • Reduced the lifetime duration of a single Orb before it explodes.
    1. This allows single projectiles to be used offensively as they now detonate quickly and have had their damage increased significantly.
    2. Creating vortexes now happens rather quickly. Shoot 4 orbs in quick succession to create a fully powered vortex. With this we also added a max number of active Orbs to 4.
  • Added a max number of active vortexes at a time to 3 and increased the orb stack count to reach a fully powered vortex from 3 to 4.
  1. With the significant increase in damage and lifetime of active vortexes, and with the added bonus of individual orbs providing more utility, adding a cap to the number of active vortexes and increasing the orb count for maxed vortexes felt appropriate to strike balance with the changes.
  2. Once 3 fully maxed vortexes are active, the Simulor will now default to single-shot orbs - with the reduced lifetime of a single orb, there are now more ways to use the Simulor against enemies!
  • Removed the initial stagger on enemies that would occur on vortex creation.
  1. We removed this effect so that enemies aren’t pushed out of range of the vortex as much.
  • Updated Simulor's FX!

================================================================================

🧐

Basically,

• There is more Boost than nerfed. The weapons is still is strong, not enough to beat the Kuva Kabooum-Bow.
  • About the Self Damage Changes, it never imped me in any Maps / ESO wave 1-8.
  • The max number of active vortexes is fine, any stronger and Vauban Vortex will be ... ridiculouly weak
On 2021-07-21 at 4:17 PM, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

1-Now DE has made them where you can only have a few vortexes out. The rest of the smaller orbs will just remain as they are until the vortexes are destroyed. Which the quickest way is to use the Alt-Fire button to make them explode which does more damage at a wider range than the little orbs. 

2-My suggestion is to simply allow the orbs to continue to merge into the stronger vortexes but exceeding the limited amount will cause the earliest ones to automatically explode. I figured at least 5 orbs would be the perfect amount given their limited range and such. 

1- This is the original function of Simulor and it work great.

2- Since the start, having more than 3 vortex bother me because of Vauban vortex concurrence. Simulor range and Radius can be greatluy increased with mods (U 24 : Firestorm and Terminal Velocity Mods can now be equipped.). IS Synoid Simulor fine ... yes. A tiny little yes because I have found a flaw in his usage, I do not know if it is intended or if I found a bug but I'll let you (guys n' girls) decide :

Synoid Simulor's FLAW (I do not own the standard one but will built it later to further test)
Material : Using a G502 Hero Lightspeed with fire on wheel (rolling very fast on this mouse model) idem with LMB
MODS : Tested in simulacrum with max fire rate (without punch through), max magazine and extended range

When using the Simulor with only one Vortex (My usual play), the fire rate is constant and at top BUT the more vortex I create, the more the fire rate drop 🙄; With 3 vortex, the fire rate is a tenth (1:10) fo the max 😱 And when a vortex is destroy (time limit or triggered) the fire rate accelerate to its max 😖. I SUSPECT this is the mecanism to prevent create more than 3 vortex but I'm not sure because I have been absent from Warframe for some years.

So (PSN)chris1pat8twins, Battle.Mage, taiiat... I leave you the liberty to test this flaw and Intended or not I'm pretty sur fixing this fire rate drop will boost up the Simulor a LOT.

IS it FLAW or BUG ??? (if bugged I will issue a proper post/ ticket in the correct forum)

15 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

-snip-

numbers going up doesn't necessarily mean something is actually getting better. 'better' also must take into account the use in actual Gameplay, the role(s) it does or does not fill, and lastly ofcourse the Weapon versus the other Weapons you could be using instead.

39 minutes ago, taiiat said:

numbers going up doesn't necessarily mean something is actually getting better. 'better' also must take into account the use in actual Gameplay, the role(s) it does or does not fill, and lastly ofcourse the Weapon versus the other Weapons you could be using instead.

I’ve used the weapon. It is definitely nerfed. Numbers don’t always mean everything. People should know that by now. Ember’s fourth ability was completely changed. Some see it as better while others see it as a nerf. it’s a nerf to those who like to run through maps, especially weak ones, and burn everything in their path. Made syndicate missions easier. While it’s considered better for those who don’t rely on the popular press 4 and forget strategy. Now she has an ability that can do a lot to tough enemies. 

For the simulor, it’s even more tedious to use especially with its lack of range. Being able to fill the room and detonate all of them at once made up for its lack of range. But now you have to detonate a lot and it’s tedious to pull off against enemies that love to keep their distance. 

The list of updates doesn’t invalidate what I stated. Nor would my suggestion have any affect on those who don’t care. It’s not like I suggested a complete change. DE could create an augment mod for all I care. 

Wish some people would understand that numbers don’t always mean everything. I don’t see hardly anybody using it after the change. It’s almost as if it no longer exists. And so far not many in this post is actually contributing to the discussion. Definitely not being constructive. 

32 minutes ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

And so far not many in this post is actually contributing to the discussion. Definitely not being constructive. 

i was quite happy with the way it worked before the last 'buffs' - it was mechanically unique and useful. it was close to being an all around good Weapon at the time, it just needed some minor adjustments. removing the stagger (or making Enemies stagger inwards instead) and some slightly Stat buffs would've made it a good Weapon.

however, it's no longer that simple after some Status Effects have been changed. alas.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

simular would be fine if it had a non zero status chance on the bubble damage ticks and not just the explosion. it would also be a huge improvement if you could continue making full sized bubbles after hitting the max limit of them and making the oldest one explode when a new one is made.

You can actually bypass the limit with Mirage's clones, it creates multiple vortex. It's my main weapon with her. I have a riven with 90% multishot and it creates a vortex with a single shot, because it combines with the clones.

Without clones, it combines with 2 shots.

Archived