tenet diplos

Zeclem

its homing mode needs to be significantly improved, both in damage and how fast the bullets starts to home in. for general use, its a very meh tier weapon.

• Like 1

As long as you aren't using the homing mode and sticking to hip fire, the weapon is really strong. But, yeah, the Homing Mode is utterly useless the way it stands now.

• Like 1

Hip-fire is powerful, but agreed that the homing system is awkward in how it's forced.

From the looks of it, Diplos has two gun mechanics mixed: the "Switch firing modes on zoom" that Kuva Quartakk and Quatz have, and the "Target enemies and fire homing projectiles" gimmick the Sepulcrum has.

Sepulcrum's gimmick is non-intrusive because you have to actively select for it (MMB). Mixing it with the "switch on zoom" gimmick of K.Quartakk/Quatz, however, makes it intrusive.

If you want to auto-fire while zoomed, do what Update 25.4's notes instruct for the Quatz: *Quatz Pro Tip: start firing from the hip and aim while keeping the trigger held down to stay in auto mode!

My suggestion is for DE to make the firing modes swappable with MMB instead of forcibly swapping it on zoom. It should also not have that delay after firing the homing projectiles.

Edited by RS219
  • Like 1

the homing fire should not be a forced aim mode honestly leave that to being sepulcrums stik, this mode should be something a bit more visable I think.

something more like this: a toggle enabled alt fire mode that uses 2 ammo per shot with auto seeking rounds that randomly target enemies on screen and use a reversed crit and status chance so instead of 36% crit and 14% status it has 14% crit chance and 36% status, with the crit mods we have available that is not going to hurt it all that much since crits will still be often but not as much as when we are using it normally plus thats a perfect trade off for going aim free.

6 hours ago, Ceryk said:

As long as you aren't using the homing mode and sticking to hip fire, the weapon is really strong. But, yeah, the Homing Mode is utterly useless the way it stands now.

homing mode being forced makes it too clunky for me to enjoy it. 

and honestly idk why they thought it was a good idea to give this mechanic to a gun clearly made to be a rapid fire one. spirex would work so much better with this.

Yeah, a lot of enemies don't even get headshot or even hit in general when the Diplos home in. Like with moas it goes for what would be their heads if they were humanoid, and flys right over them at a certain distance. Cameras are the same way.

I will say I do like how aiming activates homing mode though, it's a lot less clunky and more streamlined than having to set to alternate fire. And you can still aim with full auto after you start firing, just like how the Kuva Quartakk works. That I do like.