Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Kuva Zarr supposed to have so little ammo?

RS219

Normal Zarr is 3/84.

Kuva Zarr is 5/15.

I was having fun with KZ at first until I realized I ran out of ammo too quickly, then spent the remaining half a mission running around looking for sniper pickups, failed anyway, and extracted.

Is it really necessary to gut ammo capacity to these extremes with the Kuva Seer, Bramma and now Kuva Zarr?

9 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Normal Zarr is 3/84.

Kuva Zarr is 5/15.

I was having fun with KZ at first until I realized I ran out of ammo too quickly, then spent the remaining half a mission running around looking for sniper pickups, failed anyway, and extracted.

Is it really necessary to gut ammo capacity to these extremes with the Kuva Seer, Bramma and now Kuva Zarr?

This is literally the only thing that balance the ridiculous power of the Bramma and the Zarr. This exists to prevent AoE spam and even this is not enough.

14 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Normal Zarr is 3/84.

Kuva Zarr is 5/15.

ammo mutation or carrier?

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

It gets a lot better once you install a maxed out Primary Merciless, faster reload speed and +100% ammo capacity.

I get the feeling a few of the new kuva and tenets were balanced with the t5 Arcanes in mind. Tenet AP feels far better with the extra ammo and reload, and those stats are practially a must have on the low ammo, shell loaded Kuva Zarr.

2 hours ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

This is literally the only thing that balance the ridiculous power of the Bramma and the Zarr. This exists to prevent AoE spam and even this is not enough.

While that's a decent argument, part of the issue is that K.Zarr features a manual hand-loading reload system for each shell - so the moment you stuff in the first cannonball and it goes to x/14, the vacuum sucks in a sniper pack that can give +10 shells, only giving +1 and wasting the rest of it.

And if you slap on an ammo mutation bandaid mod it defeats the whole point of said "balance" anyway.

2 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

It gets a lot better once you install a maxed out Primary Merciless, faster reload speed and +100% ammo capacity.

That's nice to hear, although I haven't been farming SP Arcanes, just very focused on farming ephemeras and strengthening my tenet weapons until recently.

1 hour ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

I get the feeling a few of the new kuva and tenets were balanced with the t5 Arcanes in mind. Tenet AP feels far better with the extra ammo and reload, and those stats are practially a must have on the low ammo, shell loaded Kuva Zarr.

Having used Tenet Plasmor without said arcanes I think it's fine, primed fast hands can be used if reload is an issue. It's just +0.2 seconds for a base damage that's more than double that of the normal plasmor (at +60%), making the upsides outweigh the downsides. Ammo isn't an issue, it's 10/40 to the normal plasmor's 10/48 (so not a massive reduction) and it kills enough enemies per shot to spawn replacement shotgun ammo.

59 minutes ago, RS219 said:

That's nice to hear, although I haven't been farming SP Arcanes, just very focused on farming ephemeras and strengthening my tenet weapons until recently.

I've been farming candidates and larvlings on steel path to double dip, it's slower than doing it on normal mode, but imo worth it to multi farm stuff.

On 2021-07-20 at 11:38 AM, --F--NerevarCM said:

This is why it's stupid that Ammo Mutation can fit in the Exilus slot.

Exilus mods for weapons were a generally bad idea from the start.

There are always mods that add exponentially more value to some weapons, but are virtually unnoticeable on others.

Crit mods are mandatory on Crit weapons, but unnoticeable on weapons without good Crit stats.

Bramma can fit Vigilante Supplies in the Exilus, but the Exergis can't have Ammo Stock or Primed Tactical Reload in the Exilus?

Maybe DE should nerf Ammo Mutation from converting unused ammo pickups to increased ammo pickup efficiency?

Instead of restocking Bramma arrows on random pistol drops that are guaranteed to drop from enemy clusters, the correct ammo pickup gets a % chance of yielding extra ammo?

Am 20.7.2021 um 19:00 schrieb DarcnyssWolfe:

it is exactly like that. I never run out of ammo. and if you still have problems with it, you can start by playing with ammo aura.

i can spam on sp with the thing without end and i only use ammo convention and nothing else.

Am 20.7.2021 um 17:38 schrieb --F--NerevarCM:

bramma is the last rubbish compared to kuva zarr.
even with t5 arcane you have to add something for ammo. therefore absolutely ridiculous nerfed!

kuva zarr will CERTAINLY be nerfed for new content and will be a joke for April 1st. because everything fits here: aoe dmg, single target damage (with roar you have hardcode slash procs) and interesting reload mechanics.

in addition, Bubonico now has a much better performance than bramma and it not only has useful single target damage, but also aoe hits it a lot. plus unlimited ammo with a lot of range.

Archived