Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Urgent: Missing/Unloaded Textures across Objects/NPCs/Frames/Weapons

Glaive-012

As I'm hopefully sure many users have noticed, here is a prominent issue where textures across the game often display significant issues after generating, usually never loading properly. Often this can affect Orbiter decorations when loading in, but not just objects. This phenomenon also has an impact across planets shown in the Star Chart, showing darkened textures, bugged atmospheres, or none at all. The same is also applicable for NPCs in their dialogue windows (Sisters, Corpus Captains, bosses, etc.). Even warframes might load in with such missing textures after choosing a different one, including weapons.

This has happened as far as I've seen since the Call of the Tempestarii update, and is still persisting up to the present version. Though I'm not absolutely certain, this could be a memory leak-based issue, or perhaps it's processing-based. Nonetheless, I hope from this post that the developers can start taking a look into this issue, using all the information I could find.

For any users reading this, let me know if this is also prominent in your experiences, so you can help glean more information in DE fixing this matter. Thanks.

Examples:

Spoiler

PC2Pdyu.jpg

RX2t18O.jpg

X6Jj75X.jpg

jD4snAw.jpg

aruOQ8P.jpg

c3R7VFc.jpg

tLkee7t.jpg

That is definitely strange! But seeing those examples reminded me of something similar I saw not too long ago, during The Maker's cutscene:

Spoiler

Example 1:

the_maker_cinematic_texture.jpg?width=10

Example 2:

the_maker_cinematic_texture2.jpg?width=1

These are basically the same shot, just at different angles as the cutscene played. Due to how odd and unintended this looked, I think I quickly backed out of the cutscene and haven't checked on it since. But I can re-check that later today.

Unless I'm mistaken, That was from back in June. If these are still affected in-game, then it clearly hadn't been fixed yet.

I was about to make a thread about this myself. It appears to be this issue I'm having. It started happening to me not that long ago, after the Sisters of Parvos update I think. It started with the planet discoloration and now it happens to other things. I have to reboot the game to fix it.
Screenshots below: Ember Prime and Proboscis Cernos, Kuva Nukor (same color scheme as Ember), Ember Prime (default colors), Ember Prime (what the first one is supposed to look like), navigation screen (several planets discolored), Venus, Ventkid Boon.

Spoiler

Archived