Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No matter the deal with amazon, readvertising them ever is wrong

JHarlequin

I have seen that lousy, "You can redeem free goods in the browser" message repeatedly.  I have turned it down every time.  It just gets re-sent and you auto open messages every time you want to harass us.

I don't need the messages auto opened, I am a big kid now, I know to look in the inbox for stuff when you have an icon on screen that says "You have new messages".  You don't even need to have the stupid cephalon pass on your stupid notice that I have new messages.  Especially since you open them for me anyway.  Just who is playing this game, me or you?

But when the "free goods" aren't actually free, they are a perk of a payed service.  Even if the service has a free trial, the goods aren't actually free.  And I don't need to hear about them any time that they haven't been updated.  I understand it's an advertisement, and a deal with Amazon so you get some extra money.  But logging in, I get a message.  Coming back from a mission I get a message.  Not deleting the message and then doing stuff for an hour, I come back, and I get a new message.

That is harassment.  It's wrong and it needs to stop.

Yeah I'd appreciate not having Darvo going 'Hey here's this free stuff except it's not actually free go shell out some money to Amazon you sheep' every few weeks or less.

Maybe if I HAD twitch prime, and you used the twitch link to detect this and let me know? Sure.

Advertising your own stuff? Alright. I hate the pointless clutter in the Arsenal which I can't imagine anyone using ever rather than buying through the market, but I can deal. Shilling Amazon makes me hate you.

I honestly wish people would stop this bad argument.  It's been years.  

It takes 2 seconds to close the messages.  And whether you agree or not, the stuff is free.  When the developers add "Free" rewards, they mean as you aren't paying for those items directly.  And they are right because guess what, even if you buy prime just for those items, you are still not directly purchasing them.  They are not part of the price tag.  DE is giving them away for free, but conditionally to people who own a service.

This is like when fast food places have Buy One Get One Free deals... yeah you still have to pay for the first, but the second IS free, you are not being charged for it.  The second thing has no pricetag.  That's the point.  You get something free if you meet X condition - and in almost every industry ever, that condition is an initial purchase of something else.  

These cosmetics have no pricetag.  Twitch Prime does.   The cosmetics are free.  Twitch prime is not.  It's not hard.  Can't handle it?  Close your inbox message and move on....  

Archived