Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Orphix mission is the worst thing I've experience in this game

MixtheBlender

After the improvement was made for railjack, I finally was able to build one myself without begging for dojo and play at my own pace with npc crews. I'm just trying to complete the promixa chart, but I'm currently forced to stop my progress and be stuck at the Orphix mission because it disables my warframe for the sake of forcing me to use necramech.

Ok I see the free necramech is there for me to use. I used it, but guess what? The red crystal things are hiding in the most annoying place that are hard and often impossible to go in while in the necramech. Even worst is when I use my absolute wet noodle operator and the already spawned 20+ sentient enemies saw me before I can move and one shots me sending me back to my warframe location and I'm now 500m-1000m away from the previous location. Mission proceeds to fail because there is no way to stop the percentage.

The 2nd attempt I was extra careful and didn't die. My archgun was dealing low damage it took a long time to chip away the hp bar which reminds me of lich boss fight. My imperator vandal damage was so bad that the necramech got swarmed by 20+ sentients and got destroyed. Mission failed because I have nothing I could do and ran out of time.

The 3rd attempt after re-modding the archgun Kuva Ayanga, which is my strongest option, with corrosive damage. My damage was a bit better, but it's still just slowly chipping away the thing's hp bar. I was again too slow at dealing damage to it. Mission failed again, exhausted, I exit the game.

Geez the percentage moves way too fast for the effort I have to put in. The crazy amount of sentient spawns is insult to injury which I could do nothing about it as killing them is pretty much futile effort. I guess I must find a squad to progress this mission. I didn't touch orphix venom event when I realized that the event prevents the use of warframe, and necramech turns me off. This is probably it on railjack content for me until orphix mission is tuned down. At least I have a railjack for lich and sister boss fight.

• Like 39

I have to agree that the current Orphix missions are overly difficult for a solo player.

When the Orphix Venom event was on, there were three difficulty levels. With a fully kitted out Nechramech and Archgun (I use Mausolon), I could fight solo right through to the end of the first two difficulty levels - 24 each rounds from memory. It was a decent fight but doable.

Using the same setup in the Railjack missions, I can barely take out five of the Orphix solo before the percentage is too high. It seems like the spawn rate for new Orphix is higher than it was during the event. My guess is that the game isn't adjusting for the actual number of players and is just spawning enemies at the full squad rate. Either that or I've gotten really bad at Warframe during the two month break I took...

• Like 17

It's sadly another example of DE's recent feedback ignoring. We all said that RJ Orphix was a mess.

• The spawn rate is drastically increased to the point where you can barely get from A to B (or A to C, if the spawns decide that order) before the next one's almost ready to drop - and not keeping up screws with the pacing and order, while denying you precious downtime to resupply or re-summon downed mechs.
  • The durability of the Orphixes is much higher because of the level scale of the mission - it goes far beyond the 'endurance' mode of the Orphix event, and there's no total armour bypassing here, only beating through it with Corrosive.
  • The Corpus Railjack enemies are still absolutely ludicrously overtuned and will melt Big Chonky Mechs in mere seconds of not having Voidrig's shield up. I'd be surprised if a Bonewidow can survive, healing helps very little when your health is being drained away by shield ospreys of all things (not to mention the.. Vambac, I think it is, with the grenade launcher)

It was fairly trivial at a fully refined and organised build to cap out all 36 Orphix in the event with only a damage threat from amped-up Sentients on the final few and plenty of time to get between the predictable spawns and top up energy thanks to Big Momma Hildryn spawning a million orbs.
The same build struggles at half that number in Railjack, due to those three things all combining together. No survivability, higher output demand, and no time to recover if something goes wrong.

• Like 25

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-07-21 at 9:23 AM, TheLexiConArtist said:

It's sadly another example of DE's recent feedback ignoring. We all said that RJ Orphix was a mess.

• The spawn rate is drastically increased to the point where you can barely get from A to B (or A to C, if the spawns decide that order) before the next one's almost ready to drop - and not keeping up screws with the pacing and order, while denying you precious downtime to resupply or re-summon downed mechs.
  • The durability of the Orphixes is much higher because of the level scale of the mission - it goes far beyond the 'endurance' mode of the Orphix event, and there's no total armour bypassing here, only beating through it with Corrosive.
  • The Corpus Railjack enemies are still absolutely ludicrously overtuned and will melt Big Chonky Mechs in mere seconds of not having Voidrig's shield up. I'd be surprised if a Bonewidow can survive, healing helps very little when your health is being drained away by shield ospreys of all things (not to mention the.. Vambac, I think it is, with the grenade launcher)

It was fairly trivial at a fully refined and organised build to cap out all 36 Orphix in the event with only a damage threat from amped-up Sentients on the final few and plenty of time to get between the predictable spawns and top up energy thanks to Big Momma Hildryn spawning a million orbs.
The same build struggles at half that number in Railjack, due to those three things all combining together. No survivability, higher output demand, and no time to recover if something goes wrong.

Totally agree, the spawn rate is insane, again more proof that DE doesn't playtest.  Fully speced out RJ, crew members and Mech, still can't kill them fast enough and they just keep dropping.  By the time that I kill a single Orphix 3 more have dropped, forget the awful placement on these corpus maps for the crystals god those are also a major problem, you have to run in your slow mech to try and kill these things again all to delay the player and make you fail the entire 20 minute mission.

• Like 4

I suspect these missions are scaled for a full premade team with maxed out necramechs. With the right setup they are definitely doable but it needs some team coordination. Specifically splitting up into groups so that two orphix areas are covered at all times. Ignore all the enemies while fighting the orphixes, the sentients will despawn when the orphix is destroyed and are respawned endlessly for as long as its up. Bring a fluctus, or have a teammate bring it due to its infinite punchthrough so you can blow up the crystal thingies through walls.

In either case the missions are pretty bad, especially with public groups, and they are way harder than orphix venom was while also giving crappier rewards. The enemy levels are similar but the orphix spawn rate is like double that from the event. Even the lower level orphix missions are nearly undoable unless you have your own mech with a decent archgun and mods on it while the higher level ones basically need a min maxed archgun and mech. I do believe bonewidow is still the preferred mech as her iron bride counts as always hitting the orphix weakpoint while the arquebex runs into extreme damage reduction.

The whole thing just shows that people don't really want harder missions imo.

• Like 7

Exactly, most people don't. Most people are casual players just me (no, it's not a swear-word!), we actually just want to have fun, something S#&$edolon-hunt never was! The operator-part of the game is #*!%ing garbage since it was put into the game and always will be. Which would not be a problem in itself, but DE locks story-missions behind those dogS#&$ operator-mechanics!

The problem is the same as it is with WoW, DE is listening to the 5% vocal minority veteran players, but those are not the majority of players.

I hate the operator missions since they were introduced. Just when I thought I don't have to do that festering pile of S#&$e operator garbage, I discover that the geniuses shoved it into the Railjack missions. Which would not be an issue in itself, but you must do that dogS#&$ to unlock the mission-nodes for the Railjack!

When are you guys (DE) start to understand, that the difficulty of the story missions should be the lowest of them all, so the most people can actually do them! Whoever wants extra special items can grind them out themselves, without forcing them to be able to understand the main story to do so.

Forcing people to work together because the mission is too hard will not create a community, it will only create artificial tension where there was none before.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, LostMilip said:

I hate the operator missions since they were introduced. Just when I thought I don't have to do that festering pile of S#&$e operator garbage, I discover that the geniuses shoved it into the Railjack missions. Which would not be an issue in itself, but you must do that dogS#&$ to unlock the mission-nodes for the Railjack!

The operator is nowhere near powerful enough to really do orphix missions regardless of what gear you have on it. You pretty much need a necramech as the ones you find in the mission are unmodded and thus crap. That means a /huge/ grind of deimos isolation vaults to both get the mech and the mods that have way too low drop chances. Just one fully built mech can carry a group through the minimum parts of the mission (three orphixes i believe), so clearing the nodes can be done even if it can be a bit of a pain.

The orphix mission nodes could be moved off to the side so they don't block any kind of progression like they do now.
At least i had a maxed mech myself as i set it up and leveled it during the orphix venom event, but even with that and a fully modded archgun i find these nodes hard to solo to any decent extent.

18 minutes ago, LostMilip said:

When are you guys (DE) start to understand, that the difficulty of the story missions should be the lowest of them all, so the most people can actually do them! Whoever wants extra special items can grind them out themselves, without forcing them to be able to understand the main story to do so.

Isn't this already the case? Story missions are pretty low level and perfectly soloable with the cheapest amp you can get, even the mote will work. The story missions are usually around lv20-30, so that's hardly high level. Out of complete newbie range however, but anyone with a passable build can do them.

• Like 4

Yeah 3rd time doing it, failed, why?  only 3 guys and 1 of which probably didn't have a mech to begin with let alone anything close to "meta" again if DE actually played their own game modes to see what works with below average kit and what didn't we wouldn't have all of these problems.

No wonder the Erato RJ node is always empty, no one wants to play it because it's fundamentally broken on all accounts unless your a high paid streamer or YouTube personality.  Never mind the fact that it's always more then 20 minutes of fighting in the RJ then frantic nonsense unbalanced gameplay on foot once you get inside of the ship, basically 30 minutes of everyone's life down the drain once you inevitably fail this broken mission type.  

And there's number 8th down, yeah flat out impossible with all but the most meta of meta of meta builds and tight teams, give me a break, the highest Orphix Venom was never this bad, did several max Orphix runs back during that event and rarely failed now that it's a BS standard RJ mission they made it impossible, good job guys, pat yourselves on the collective backs, you sure showed me.  No wonder I can't make any progress on foot RJ missions with my Mech, if I keep failing DE's horrible system of not giving you your XP is keeping me from maxing it out, furthering the grind.

Edited by Hawk1911
  • Like 8

On 2021-08-19 at 6:58 AM, Vahenir said:

I suspect these missions are scaled for a full premade team with maxed out necramechs. With the right setup they are definitely doable but it needs some team coordination. Specifically splitting up into groups so that two orphix areas are covered at all times. Ignore all the enemies while fighting the orphixes, the sentients will despawn when the orphix is destroyed and are respawned endlessly for as long as its up. Bring a fluctus, or have a teammate bring it due to its infinite punchthrough so you can blow up the crystal thingies through walls.

In either case the missions are pretty bad, especially with public groups, and they are way harder than orphix venom was while also giving crappier rewards. The enemy levels are similar but the orphix spawn rate is like double that from the event. Even the lower level orphix missions are nearly undoable unless you have your own mech with a decent archgun and mods on it while the higher level ones basically need a min maxed archgun and mech. I do believe bonewidow is still the preferred mech as her iron bride counts as always hitting the orphix weakpoint while the arquebex runs into extreme damage reduction.

The whole thing just shows that people don't really want harder missions imo.

Has nothing to do with "people just don't want harder missions" the spawn rate is broken, if I need 50 forma in every item in my current loadout as does everyone else in my squad, then that's not "hard" that's broken balance by a dev team that simply does not playtest nor listen to more then 5 yes men content creators, period, end of story.  A "hard" mission is a challenge that you can eventually overcome, this nonsense simply will never be overcome unless I get some try hard squad mates and for RJ that should never have been a requirement considering how no one plays it.

• Like 8

There are two different problems. One issue is that I have to guess which button to use, because the information displayed on the screen is literally false and misleading. Just happened to me again with the skateboard-bullS#&$ mission, wallS#&$er or what's it called. The same thing happened to me when literally every time recently. I came back to Warframe after months, and the new story-missions had this same issue.

The Orfix missions are terribly scaled, one should not be forced to do them during unlocking the Railjack-chart! There is no way four people with the basic amp can do that mission, especially not players who do those for the first time.

As someone who came back to the game, I have yet to figure out how to create a sister, or get one of those tera necramechs!

Edited by LostMilip
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Echoing the sentiment that Orphix missions are completely horrible, absolutely without merit.  They are not fun or productive to play.  I spent an ungodly amount of time grinding up a proper Necramech and leveling it, and it's still nearly impossible to get through one rotation.  Forget about getting to the C rotation with the only rewards anyone could possibly want from these garbage fire missions.  That there are rent-a-mechs in these missions HAS to be a deliberate rib on the player base

"Hey, DE Dev Dan, you know what would be hilarious?"

"What's that, DE Dev Don?"

"We put unranked, unmodded Necramechs in these Orphix missions that have inexplicably been tuned to barely be beatable by a decked out squad?  That'll show players who thought they could ever productively farm neat gear!"

"GENIUS!"

Like, there's good content in this game, then there's not so good content where you can still see what DE was aiming for and they just missed a bit in some form or fashion.  But then there's Orphix, where I can't even fathom what they were trying to accomplish, unless the GOAL was to make it practically unplayable, as a deliberate middle finger to the player.  If that WAS the goal, great job!

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Like everything, it gets easier if you take the time to mod and upgrade your gear properly. I didnt like mechs either, or Orphix for that matter, but with fully upgraded mech that mission is easy as heck. I was quite easilly doing 32 waves at the event back then. It was with a team, but you can solo far enough with it too (which I often had to do because teammates left early). 

As a tip, you can use fluctus to destroy the resonators through walls, and just use Voidrigs cannons on the Orphix itself and it will go down in seconds. Dont try to use the free mechs, they suck. Not enough damage, too slow and cant jump high. 

Oh and, the default archgun on Voidrig is very good also and its secondary one-shots Orphix at the earlier waves. Forgot the guns name... 

Edited by xombob89
  • Like 1

On 2021-07-21 at 1:57 AM, MixtheBlender said:

I guess I must find a squad to progress this mission

Pretty much...

That's what I did.... And Ihave to do it again because I'm stuck at another Orphix Mission in the veil... Erato

On 2021-08-20 at 8:48 PM, Vahenir said:

Isn't this already the case? Story missions are pretty low level and perfectly soloable with the cheapest amp you can get, even the mote will work. The story missions are usually around lv20-30, so that's hardly high level. Out of complete newbie range however, but anyone with a passable build can do them.

They are possible... They just aren't Practical or Fun...

On 2021-08-22 at 1:44 PM, LostMilip said:

As someone who came back to the game, I have yet to figure out how to create a sister,

After Completing Call Of The Tempestarii Quest you create sisters by going into the Granuum Void and getting 25 Kills... This will spawn a "Candidate" In the mission and from there it's typical Lich Mechanics as usual.

On 2021-08-22 at 1:44 PM, LostMilip said:

or get one of those tera necramechs!

These are sold by Loid in the Necraloid Syndicate on Deimos.... However before he will sell you one you first have to Destroy a Bajilion Mechs in the Iso Vaults to get Orokin Matrices used to get Necraloid Standing and to roll for the Resources needed to build the actual mechs.... Only after doing all that can you get your Mech on....

On 2021-09-29 at 6:28 AM, MikeyGoWOOGA said:

Echoing the sentiment that Orphix missions are completely horrible, absolutely without merit.  They are not fun or productive to play.  I spent an ungodly amount of time grinding up a proper Necramech and leveling it, and it's still nearly impossible to get through one rotation

Me too....  😭

5 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

I was quite easilly doing 32 waves at the event back then. It was with a team, but you can solo far enough with it too (which I often had to do because teammates left early). 

Some responses in this thread say that the regular Orphixes are different than the ones in the event.... So you're going to have to do 32 Waves on Erato Solo before I take your Word For it....

And even then... I would still hate this mission just like I still hate Railjack even if I can Solo Veil Void Storms now....

7 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Oh and, the default archgun on Voidrig is very good also and its secondary one-shots Orphix at the earlier waves. Forgot the guns name... 

Mausolon.... Turns out this is also Bonewidow's Default gun too since I now have two of them....

I'm going to keep it just in case DE decides it's time to make the Weapon Equivalent of Helminth 😱 !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Some responses in this thread say that the regular Orphixes are different than the ones in the event.... So you're going to have to do 32 Waves on Erato Solo before I take your Word For it...

I have played some of it, and it didnt seem any different to me but I have not tried doing 32 waves because theres no point to it. Its quite boring to do such long runs and I only did it for the arcanes the event rewarded.

And I dont think OP wanted to do 32 waves, just enough to pass the mission, and for that the tips I gave are more than enough. 😉

Edited by xombob89

2 hours ago, xombob89 said:

I have played some of it, and it didnt seem any different to me but I have not tried doing 32 waves because theres no point to it. Its quite boring to do such long runs and I only did it for the arcanes the event rewarded

I wish I had your Problems 😭

2 hours ago, xombob89 said:

And I dont think OP wanted to do 32 waves, just enough to pass the mission, and for that the tips I gave are more than enough. 😉

Indeed.... All one has to do is Craft and Forma the Fluctus... 👍 !

Yeah.. the orphix spawn too fast even trying to destroy them as quickly as possible. I experienced that at the hardest node of the orphix and barely completed  the mission solo, due to faster than usual orphix spawn rate. I think they need to slow it down a bit.

• Like 1

On 2021-10-20 at 9:29 AM, TheNeonGod said:

Yeah.. the orphix spawn too fast even trying to destroy them as quickly as possible. I experienced that at the hardest node of the orphix and barely completed  the mission solo, due to faster than usual orphix spawn rate. I think they need to slow it down a bit.

I just went and tried the hardest Orphix mission solo because everyone seems to be saying its much faster/harder than usual but I still didn't see much difference to the Orphix Venom event... Completed the mission with just my mech, and I even forgot to bring Fluctus so I had to destroy the resonators the old fashioned way. Even so, the control level never even reached 30% as far as I could tell since destroying a resonator drops it by 5% and the Orphix itself dies in few seconds with the Voidrigs cannons. 

So as I said before, upgrade your mechs, use Fluctus for resonators (optional but makes it faster), and either Arquebex or Ironbride to destroy the Orphix. Mausolons alt fire works too up to a point. 

Only problem I had was corpus and sentients doing quite a bit of damage on the mech but if you are only looking to pass the 3 waves its no problem. After that gonna need to use Voidrigs shield or Bonewidows healing which means you might need someone to provide energy later on. But I dont think theres much point doing it longer unless you like the mission type? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

the Orphix itself dies in few seconds with the Voidrigs cannons

Makes sense....

I was using Bonewidow on my first Erato Attempt.... Bonewidow was actually doing just fine in the previous missions.... But on the last mission Mausolon just wasn't cutting it....

17 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Mausolons alt fire works too up to a point. 

LoL... Completely forget Mausolon has that 😅 !!!

18 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

So as I said before, upgrade your mechs, 

Can you post your build for both Mechs....

I crammed my Mech with nothing but Vazarin Polarities because I didn't know DE was hiding specific Necramech Mods behind an Easter Egg so I might have to Reforma to fix the issue...

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly how the event was, you couldn't really get anywhere without making your own Necramech and building up for it. I am pretty sure it's intentional, because it's the only current alternative to doing Eidolons in order to get those Arcanes.. If they made it actually so you could go and get Arcanes without putting in effort that actually matches up with trying to capture Eidolons then they would have no use outside of getting shards and transmuters but it would basically crash the farming market for Arcanes.

Edited by Twin_Fawn

• 2 months later...

I decided to do more If these missions because I needed to Complete some Codex Entries....

Only to find out that the Simulacrum is Bugged... Enemies that used to be Spawnable there are now missing and The Conculysts and Battalysts happen to be Some of Them 😱

• 3 months later...

i tried to do the eratius orphix mission, and all groups i have been queued with failed, and it always happens at the second orphix, i have done the entire star chart with the matchmaking, but orphix missions fail and i am stuck at veil proxima

• Like 3