Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which abilities have you subsumed and why?

CrimsonDarkLord

A few abilities are reduced in their intensity in the case of large buffs (Roar, Warcry etc) so as not to overshadow their source frame. A couple of other abilities with multiple features (Ivara's 1, Grendel's 2) have been pared down to a feature or two for ease of use.

So far I have given the following frames to Helminth: Zephyr, Wukong, Inaros, Nezha, Sevagoth, Nidus, Nyx, Mag, Ivara, Equinox, Rhino, Volt, Ash, Banshee, Oberon, Gara, Lavos. The reason for most of these frames being that I already had a spare copy (my vanilla frame after getting the Prime), I had a spare set of their BPs already, or they are extremely easy to acquire (ie the Dojo frames). The exception here is Sevagoth, as I did a bit of extra grinding to ensure I could try Gloom on other frames. Still waiting on the rest of the Warframes because I'll do a few missions here and there but I don't like to repetitively grind for frame parts, and I'm in no huge rush for more subsumes, though I'm hoping to get Chroma next.

My favorite combos so far have been:

• Banshee with Marked for Death
  • Chroma, Nova and Yareli with Gloom
  • Gauss with Firewalker
  • Energized Munitions with Mirage
  • Ivara (or any Spy-savvy frame) with Perspicacity

Unfortunately skills don't add much to diversity or build fun.

Few skills are worth having...quiver, dispensary, roar, larva, breach surge, spectersiphon and tesla nervos.

The others are there just to fill space...

17 hours ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

Just curious to know which abilities you guys have subsumed from and to which Warframes and how you feel about it so far?

I've read that a lot of abilities that get subsumed perform at a lower strength capacity too. Is that true?

I've subsumed all of them except Yareli's into Helminth.  I mostly haven't used the vast majority, nor have I altered most of my Warframes.  I did it because I had the time and resources to get the blueprints to build level 0, un-polarized Warframes to feed to Helminth and because I collect stuff in games.  And because I have too much imagination, and get overly attached to things, I still felt bad about it.  "Hi there!  I'm Mag!  I'm so glad you built me!  We're going to have so many adventures!  Why do you look so sad?  Where are we going?  This room is creepy..."  OnO

Xata’s Whisper on Excalibur to make void bubble energy waves with multishot.

Resonator on speed Nova for a better defense objective experience.

Spectorage with Spectrosiphon augment on Vortex Vauban for unlimited energy.

Firewalker on Ember for thematic purposes, with low cost high duration burn for passive, cc, and status cleanse without sacrificing immolation meter.

Vial Rush on Frost for mobility, cc, and complete my Ghiaccio build.

Greedy Pull on Nekros for better looting experience.

Energized Munitions for Hata-Saya Soma build with Synth set on Inaros.

I've subsumed all of them, but as for applying them to other frames, I just don't need to, the game is easy enough already.

I should use them, but what's the point if I don't actually need any of them.

Chroma is my favorite frame, so I have been messing around with different abilities replacing his 1, because DE refuses to.  So far I am having fun with Reave of all things, in normal missions.  Its not for damage, but the movement and heal is nice.  

I have all abilities subsumed but the best one in my opinion is condemn. It is easy shield gating without using brief respite so you can run another aura mod and it is decent cc. It is not that hard to build around besides do not run negative. If you left all your stats untouched it will still be really viable. The second best will be silence as it can cancel acolytes’ abilities and stun nearby enemies.

On 2021-07-20 at 8:51 PM, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I was just subsuming what I haven't yet because I wanted to try out Golden Instinct. Turns out, it's really nice. And it scales off of ability range (up to around 480m with my default Loki build cuz range is his thing, go figure). Already found a rare crate and 3 or 4 ayatans in between 7 and 10 capture runs so far.

Now that Helminth is maxed again though, I may stop subsuming for now. Don't know if they're going to add more ranks in the future or not.

Aside from max leveling Helminth however, I really wanted to get a Banish Decoy build working on my Loki, but for some reason the mod from Conclave "Deceptive Bond" which is supposed to give Loki 50% damage redirection to Decoy and vice versa isn't working. My theory was that banishing a decoy with that augment running would just give Loki a 50% DR for decoy's duration as long as you don't get nullified. But I'm sadly not able to test that out, since the key mod doesn't seem to work outside Conclave. (Don't know if it works in it either, as I haven't been able to get in a match. You know how it is)

No I think it does work but I think Loki is just so frail that it doesn’t make much difference and what is the point of DR if you got invisibility and rolling guard

13 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

I love Zephyr's Airburst because it lets me group up enemies together and finish off with other abilities or weapons.

Mag's Pull is also one of the best and my favorite cc abilities in the game, so it's also subsumed the most.

Also Ember's Fireblast, good cc, armor strip, small damage, status effect, good ability overall.

As for specific examples:

Airburst on Valkyr's 3, I love using Venka Prime and her 4 to tear them all apart when grouped together.

Same on Wisp, replacing her 1 (yes, i hate that ability, fight me xD), and using then her 4 to burn them alive! Most fun i've had with Wisp in a while.

Pull on Mesa's 1 for some fun CC while i gain enegry to use her other abilities.

Warcry on Nova's 3 (always hated this ability), in conjunction with Stropha to quickly power up her 1 (orb) for max damage!

Fireblast on Hilrdyn's 3. I never like it, so i but something visually interesting and fun on her, plus i need one less Augment Mod Slot, namely Blazing Pillage to get the same effect ^^

There are more, but this is pretty much it for now.

Have fun Tenno ^^

U need her 1 so I can have increase damage and deal corrosive damage as well for her 4 tho

Silence(Banshee) and Radial Blind(Excalibur) are most easy to use abilities, and able to work with most builds except for Nova with high ability strength(they usually put narrow minded to reduce the radius).

Wukong - Silence(replaces Primal Fury): Since I didn't use the melee weapons for years, I use Wukong as the mobile launcher team(if you don't equip a melee weapon, the twin always uses your primary weapon if you equip it). And Primal Fury is nothing but hampers it. Silence stalls the enemy for a while when they are close, making them the easy prey for my area of effect weapons.

Valkyr - Elemental Ward(replaces Paralysis): Just for more defense.

To OP: Don't like something too much because every ability that gets a lot of attention will be nerfed for subsume at some point, because of comments and videos like this:

On 2021-07-21 at 3:02 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

Ahem, Gloom.

For example next on the line are the forementioned gloom, khora's ensnare, wisp's breach surge and a couple of others that the nerf-crowd deems op and goes on the pitch forks parade every time.

On 2021-07-21 at 4:39 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

I love this one. Made Ash way more godlike than he was already. 

Also, @CrimsonDarkLordcheck the abilites list further down on the Helminth wiki page if you want to know which ones are nerfed or otherwise different from their regular versions: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Helminth

my goto with bladestorm with savage silence..  u can kill levelcap grineer with it lul

7 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

To OP: Don't like something too much because every ability that gets a lot of attention will be nerfed for subsume at some point, because of comments and videos like this:

For example next on the line are the forementioned gloom, khora's ensnare, wisp's breach surge and a couple of others that the nerf-crowd deems op and goes on the pitch forks parade every time.

I don't think Defy deserved its pre-nerf.  Not when Gloom exists untouched.

You are quick to lump me into the "nerf-crowd," which I doubt actually exists.  But I would much rather DE buff up/rework some of the least picked abilities than touch Gloom or Ensnare.  I can't imagine a situation in which Decoy would be a good pick.  Spy Ash maybe?  But why?  And what about Hydroid's piddly contribution?  Or Yareli's?  

On 2021-07-21 at 3:10 AM, CrimsonDarkLord said:

Wow it's so interesting to see so many different builds here.

Any love for Revenant?

I'm looking at farming Revenant to subsume for Reave more for survivability when I get eventually get to Steel Path.

This might be a silly question, once you subsume an ability and store it, can the same ability be injected more than once to multiple Warframes?

I love Revenant, however I find Reave to be the weakest part of his kit, however I can see it being usefull on some other frames. I mean, Mesmer Skin is all you need for survivability on him.

Personally I've grafted Eclipse over Reave on him. Eclipse's damage bonus combined with the augment for his 1 gives me something like 500-600% damage increase.

I'm also currently Subsuming all frames after I get their Primes. It's going to be a sad day when I say goodbye to my 6 Forma Nidus.

On 2021-07-21 at 8:47 PM, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

No I think it does work but I think Loki is just so frail that it doesn’t make much difference and what is the point of DR if you got invisibility and rolling guard

Well, that is a good point. But just to try it out I spawned a level 1 Butcher which does around 25 damage to Loki's Shields, and with and without a Decoy out I took the same damage. So Deceptive Bond doesn't seem to work.

But if you're always invisible, can roll for invulnerability and can just disarm rooms I guess you don't need DR. Just wanted to attempt to make a tanky Loki. xD

On 2021-07-22 at 7:21 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

You are quick to lump me into the "nerf-crowd," which I doubt actually exists.  But I would much rather DE buff up/rework some of the least picked abilities than touch Gloom or Ensnare.  I can't imagine a situation in which Decoy would be a good pick.  Spy Ash maybe?  But why?  And what about Hydroid's piddly contribution?  Or Yareli's?  

Gloom has only been overlooked because it's more recent than the originally pre nerfed stuff. Just give it time.

On 2021-07-22 at 7:21 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

It is true defy do not deserve its nerf but gloom probably did not got nerf because you have to build a lot of strength for its maximum slow and have good efficiency (so blind rage will be very detrimental to have) so you won’t lose a lot of energy. Also the base range is not that good either. In conclusion, you have to build so much around gloom to make it good, when on some or most Warframes you are better off building around your other abilities than gloom and not using gloom will prevent you from losing a good amount of energy fast. 

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

It is true defy do not deserve its nerf but gloom probably did not got nerf because you have to build a lot of strength for its maximum slow and have good efficiency (so blind rage will be very detrimental to have) so you won’t lose a lot of energy. Also the base range is not that good either. In conclusion, you have to build so much around gloom to make it good, when on some or most Warframes you are better off building around your other abilities than gloom and not using gloom will prevent you from losing a good amount of energy fast. 

That’s a really good point. Gloom is hard to build around. 

It needs range, strength, and some way to fuel it. 

Archived