Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No TennoGen Expansion for 2021?

Scruffel

While watching TennoCon 2021, I had almost forgot that there was supposed to be a TennoGen Expansion for this year as well after the Art Panel had finished, and since I came somewhat late into it, I'd thought I passed it. But surprisingly, I had realized when rewatching the entire segment, there was seemingly no mention of any update for TennoGen. Even when checking afterwards, there was no forum post either in regards to any new additions.

So I was wondering, is there going to be a TennoGen Expansion for 2021? I know it might sound strange for me, as a non-TG creator to be asking for this, but as a fan of it, I just felt obliged to ask if whether or not it was either forgotten or delayed for a later date?

7 hours ago, Scruffel said:

While watching TennoCon 2021, I had almost forgot that there was supposed to be a TennoGen Expansion for this year as well after the Art Panel had finished, and since I came somewhat late into it, I'd thought I passed it. But surprisingly, I had realized when rewatching the entire segment, there was seemingly no mention of any update for TennoGen. Even when checking afterwards, there was no forum post either in regards to any new additions.

So I was wondering, is there going to be a TennoGen Expansion for 2021? I know it might sound strange for me, as a non-TG creator to be asking for this, but as a fan of it, I just felt obliged to ask if whether or not it was either forgotten or delayed for a later date?

I thought they're finally outline the Leg armor guide this tennocon so we can make full sets but nothing. I guess they're still super busy creating more content for New War 

1 hour ago, x_xGamerx_x said:

There was a TennoGen round just 2 months ago

I didn’t ask for that. I’m talking about a TennoGen Expansion, not a Round. The former is an update for TennoGen itself, usually in regards to more item files being released; and the ladder is an addition of TennoGen items that were accepted from the Workshop.

5 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Might the lack of news be due to the eventual arrival of crossplay?  I imagine tennogen is one of the stickier areas as far as crossplay is concerned.

I don't see the correlation of TennoGen getting an update and it being complex towards crossplay. I could see it in the sense that the development of crossplay has focused everyone's attention for it, but considering that probably has its own team / department, and TG has their own, I have some doubts it would be the case. And even if it was the former, wouldn't it make sense to pause TennoGen in general? Like DE puts a pause on announcing future Rounds until the whole crossplay debacle is solved? Since adding more items to TG would complicate further issues in terms of dealing with contracts and the like. Obviously, I wouldn't want that to happen, as I don't believe there is a reason for crossplay to prevent TG updates in general. At most, slow it down for a while.

Archived