Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's not fighting as other characters that "slows down" the game.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

They are the hardest faction to rapidly dispatch.

Only because DE pumps them up with hilarious amounts of damage reduction and some with CC/status immunity/resistance.

I'd imagine a Heavy Gunner with 99% DR and ability/status immunity would also be hard to kill.

31 minutes ago, quxier said:

What they plan to change?

OP appears to be responding to something nobody ever mentioned or cared about that’s probably irrelevant since it’s likely only for the quest: playing as other characters (Kahl, Velcro, and Teshin) slowing down the game. This guy seems to be saying it’s not that which slows down the game but sentients.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

It's actually fighting against sentients if you ask me. 

• They are the hardest faction to rapidly dispatch. Especially at high levels.
  • They spawn in smaller numbers.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

48 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

OP appears to be responding to something nobody ever mentioned or cared about that’s probably irrelevant since it’s likely only for the quest: playing as other characters (Kahl, Velcro, and Teshin) slowing down the game. This guy seems to be saying it’s not that which slows down the game but sentients.

This could be what you are meaning.

I say "slow down" in a somewhat positive sense. Playing against sentients is heavier gameplay. People seem to think the effect comes from the ability to play other characters, but it's really not in my opinion.

56 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

It has been coming up allot among people I've talked to, so I thought I'd give a take. Seemed like a prevalent topic, but I could be wrong. Not sure why you worded that so savagely though.

2 hours ago, BansheePrime said:

Which feels like a bit of a weird argument, since people were immediately complaining about how *easily* Kahl was taking out the Sentients.  "He's killing them with a Grakkata and a Machete that isn't even on fire?  I call HAX!"

Sentients aren't that bad though.. even putting aside Umbral mods and weapons like Shedu and Paracesis, which can rinse sentients easily, it takes about 2 seconds to transfer to operator and blast them once with an Amp to reset their adaptations, then transfer back and hit them with a multi-elemental weapon. it takes about the same amount of time to kill a heavy on Steel path (before Galvanized mods were added, now they die super fast too), it only takes longer if you get lag with transference which I've noticed can happen sometimes.

we also wouldn't be able to know for sure unless Kahl and Vhfjdjasdflso went up against the other faction, or against infested. I reckon if you compared a warframe using only weapons and minimal AoE powers with Kahl and Vyerlsahdlgftao at killing infested, they'd probably kill at about the same rate. it's the fact that we can nuke rooms with insane void powers that makes the game go faster, regardless of what it is we're fighting Warframes will always be faster at killing them. it's what they were designed to do!

Going through sentients takes differing amounts of time depending on how well geared and modded you are.  I remember ten minute fights with them on Lua with my poorly modded and inappropriate choice of frame (Limbo).  With my current frames and weapons unless I'm levelling something new they will take a few seconds at most, sometimes I only notice they were there at all because of the drops. 

So, considering the faction characters are quite weak comparatively I can see sentients slowing them down a bit, though in the video it didn't look like it.  I'd still say the lack of tenno/operator mobility is the biggest factor in any slowdown.  Then again, those sections are supposed to be effectively walking simulators with lore and visual experience attached, so the slowness is appropriate.

I dont think slowing down versus sentients is much of a thing for us with all the things we have access to now. Paracesis and Shedu were two options, but they werent really universal, now we also have access to Xata's Whisper, which applies to everything.

Kahl and Wako may be needed in order for us to actually "stay a while and listen" or "take in the sights" while doing the quest. They may have also been added for something completely new in the game, like a new system that has something to do with those non-frames. Too early to tell.

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

It's actually fighting against sentients if you ask me. 

• They are the hardest faction to rapidly dispatch. Especially at high levels.
  • They spawn in smaller numbers.

The Tennolive demo shown that Sentients are being more balanced:

• No more Status Immunity

A Battalyst during Kahl's section is seen getting set on fire by his napalm grenade. Different Sentients (Symbilyst at the end of Kahl's final section, Conculysts during Teshin's section) were seen getting staggered, or even getting knocked down. This makes them more interactable than just straight-up immunity.

• Different Adaptation mechanic

During Teshin's section, the Sentients change the element on their cores. Their mechanic is similar to the Prosecutors, where using the right damage type that matches their core element increases the damage significantly.

• Finishers

Kahl manage to use a finisher on a Battalyst, impaling its core with his Machete. This suggests that the cores can now be a viable targeting point than the tiny heads the Sentients have, as currently shooting the core does nothing.

The New War does more than a change of pace outside of playing as essentially gods (Tenno), but gives the much-needed update and attention to interacting and fighting Sentients.

38 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

The New War does more than a change of pace outside of playing as essentially gods (Tenno), but gives the much-needed update and attention to interacting and fighting Sentients.

That's kind of making the assumption that any of those changes will carry over to the in-game version of Sentients.  It's entirely possible that all of this only applies to the "cinematic mission" versions, which might not ever show up in normal missions.  T-T

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

That's kind of making the assumption that any of those changes will carry over to the in-game version of Sentients.  It's entirely possible that all of this only applies to the "cinematic mission" versions, which might not ever show up in normal missions.  T-T

Honestly some of the Railjack exclusive sentients need an overhaul, because otherwise they're mostly just status immune blobs of armor that out-tank even heavy Grineer units.

...Personally I'd also like the disco ball of "&%*$ you" that is ever so common to die a painful death as well, but that's just me.

Archived