Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested improvements to Treasurers, Granum Crown Usage, and rescued Solaris

(XBOX)JAKERS365

With the recent Sisters of Parvos Update I’ve been playing through the game and after some consideration I believe that some changes are needed for the mentioned mechanics in the title: Treasurers, Granum Crowns, and trapped Solaris.

First thing is the Granum Crowns. With the recent update there has been an obvious surge in usage for Granum Crowns stemming from them being necessary to start Sisters. That being said, the Crowns themselves are fine as is, their usage and acquisition however needs to change.

That being said, Crowns being used to free captive Solaris is a huge waste and a conflict of usage. Before, the use of Crowns to free captive Solaris made sense because after farming the Granum Void of all its loot there was no valid use for crowns other than payment for freedom, however with it being necessary to use crowns to farm for Sisters with appropriate weapons/elements, crowns have new continued usage while the mechanic to free Solaris now falls to the wayside. 

Now I know people are gonna say “so what, it’s not like it matters” well it matters to me and I do hate see parts of the game become obsolete or fall out of use. So I propose that Granum Crowns should no longer be used to free Captive Solaris beyond those already in the void, instead credits should be used as payment or have guards/eximus units drop keys for their bindings. Also from a story standpoint it makes little sense for the corpus to use important relics like the Granum Crowns as keys to a persons Jail Cell, them being debt slaves, paying credits seems more sensible. Also, with how currently the type of crown changes the amount of standing a player gets, I would suggest that the amount of standing and credits needed to free the Solaris should be based on what planet the mission is on so that as a way to farm standing more standing is rewarded for higher missions as opposed to running very low level missions for the same amount of standing as a high level mission.

Lastly in relation the Treasurers also kind of need to be looked at because while their ridiculous stats are manageable in regular missions, bringing those insane stats into steel path or a Sister of Parvos mission makes them almost invincible. I know people are gonna say “well you just need better set mods/loadouts” but considering that the treasurers have 99% damage reduction and an immunity to any mechanic that bypasses shields, having that plus increased health/armor/shields from steel path or a sister mission is just an insanely ridiculous mechanic.

Edit: I forgot to add a reason why the Granum crowns to free Solaris needs to change because you find captive Solaris on the same map as where you get crowns and if you spend the crown you just get then there is no gain. On top of that many times maps can have more than one Solaris and once I found 6 of them on one map. Which means I would have to farm for crowns ignoring the Solaris in those missions just to do one mission where I can free all of them.

Yes I know it’s an optional extra thing to do but really they’re meant to be saved so why can’t we save them. As a mechanic it’s just not feasible to waste crowns of Solaris which means no one will do so, which then means it’s a mechanic that goes to waste. I’m just suggesting that changing it would only benefit the game and make missions more engaging. If we could save Solaris without needing crowns than players would stop to rescue them more which adds more rewards and content to a mission.

I think it's fine to spend granum coins for solarans because we have 3 tiers of coins and only the zenith are used for sisters leaving the lower level coins for the solarans if someone so chooses. It would be nice if the standing was higher though.

The treasurer is obnoxious at higher levels but not undoable. They require magnetic damage and a fast firing mid-low damage per hit gun (titanias dex pixia are actually superb at situations like this). That said I'm really not a fan of nullifying elements like toxin on treasurers or viral on deimos enemies, and I really really really don't like the Damage caps for slow heavy hitting guns because it makes them completely useless in the one arena they should excel: bosses and minibosses.

35 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

I think it's fine to spend granum coins for solarans because we have 3 tiers of coins and only the zenith are used for sisters leaving the lower level coins for the solarans if someone so chooses. It would be nice if the standing was higher though.

The treasurer is obnoxious at higher levels but not undoable. They require magnetic damage and a fast firing mid-low damage per hit gun (titanias dex pixia are actually superb at situations like this). That said I'm really not a fan of nullifying elements like toxin on treasurers or viral on deimos enemies, and I really really really don't like the Damage caps for slow heavy hitting guns because it makes them completely useless in the one arena they should excel: bosses and minibosses.

The problem is that Zenith Crowns are the only type of crown that drops in 90% of relevant content. Sister missions, Steel Path, Arbitrations, Sorties, and most Fissure Missions are of high enough level that only Zenith crowns drop, so unless you specifically go farming for lower tier crowns you are unlikely to have any.

12 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

The problem is that Zenith Crowns are the only type of crown that drops in 90% of relevant content. Sister missions, Steel Path, Arbitrations, Sorties, and most Fissure Missions are of high enough level that only Zenith crowns drop, so unless you specifically go farming for lower tier crowns you are unlikely to have any.

That's kind of a new vs old player issue. For older players non zenith crowns are rarer because we already did all the low level stuff years ago. New players that showed up after the addition of the treasurer are going to have a ton of those just from working their way up and there is no other use for them.

Archived