A way to cancel loading and would be nice for more details on loading process

HunterDigi

I've experienced this way too many times when joining other people, it starts loading then takes FOREVER to load and then one by one the ships vanish and finally I get kicked out with "session unavailable", the fact that it's not gonna succeed is becoming obvious but I still cannot do anything about it short of Alt+F4 the game which probably causes more issues for the other players (I've seen RJ tunnel thing just be frozen until a player left before finishing loading, it was waiting for them...)

Also one time I missed a kuva flood that had 1min left because it placed me with a host that had the same issue as above, took forever to load just to kick me out after that.

Please add a way to cancel loading, this is not just for slow hosts but also for accidental joins as matchmaking is often insanely fast but loading is not as fast.

It would also be nice to have more info on what the current loading process is doing, I would like to have faster loadings but I don't know if it's because it's waiting on my hardware or is it waiting on other players, something opt-in like the FPS/ping message at the bottom-left corner.

i think that will be hard to do, i highly doubt anyother multiplayer games have such "quit session while loading". since the players are getting added to a server and without that session dying or getting cancel, it would keep on loading. your best option is to just restart the game. such things will be quite common as crossplay comes into play where mobile users will use their internet data to play xD

6 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

i think that will be hard to do, i highly doubt anyother multiplayer games have such "quit session while loading". since the players are getting added to a server and without that session dying or getting cancel, it would keep on loading. your best option is to just restart the game. such things will be quite common as crossplay comes into play where mobile users will use their internet data to play xD

killing floor 2 has it, i'd love to have it in warframe if only for the fact that sometimes i select the wrong mission and realise just a second too late

Archived