Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee meta after nerf?

Reeda_jr

Question

So the new update nerfed CO, Bloodrish, Weeping wounds, and berserker. Is there a build now that’s better than a CO build excluding heavy builds? Or should I just keep my kronen prime with the CO build on... 

And is kronen prime still the best melee? 

Thanks in advance!

19 answers to this question

You can still stack red slash crits on melee with ease so I'd say it's still a fairly powerful weapon type.

Granted, you have to pay more attention to your critical chance beyond just slapping 3 mods on your weapon, but it doesn't change a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, especially if you mod with Gladiator set for 100% CC per combo (a massive 1200% CC with all mods in the set), CC also gives CD, which is a lesser known mechanic, in that it increases your crit tier, thus, your crit damage based on said crit tier. 

1 hour ago, Reeda_jr said:

Damnnnn that sounds really fun! I'm assuming you're trying to negate the CO nerf by using the pressure point mods along with the riven mod and exodia contagion, but how do you have both primed pressure point and sacrificial pressure point in one weapon?!?!?

Also a bit off topic, I got a keewar riven that's really good for heavy attacks and since the keewar is a scythe... you get the idea :)

I've had this setup for a year now, why change what works? I'd rather just smash things outright instead of waiting for procs to finish stuff off.

Meant to say Sacrificial Steel, not Pressure there. I derp'd 😂😂

On 2021-07-21 at 8:38 AM, XAN3MK said:

If you were part of the superior cast of Heavy Attack build chads, literally nothing changed, aside the wind up time on Glaives being slightly increased.
Glaives, Scythes or Gunblades still delete anything that walks on the map in 1-2 heavy attacks.

Honourable mention for the Quassus, heavy attack slashes for days

On 2021-07-21 at 11:51 PM, Butterfly85 said:

Sure. This is going to be a bit of a long kne though. 😂

Zaw itself is Mehwan blade, Vargett II Jai link, Kwaith grip.

Mods are Iron Phoenix stance, sacrificial pressure, prime pressure point, organ shatter, blood rush, beserker fury, prime fever strike, north wind, riven.

Riven gives bonus damage, slash and crit damage. (Haven't rolled anything better on this to date). I have Exodia,Cnntagion slotted on as well.

It's very much a crit build, my play style is to get the combo count maxed, then find a nice spot and then rain exodia bolts down on everything until I need to build up the combo again. 

I use this a lot for steel path survival, once I'm set up I'm raining a lot of red crit aoe on everything. Damage depends on aim, blast fall off an distance. If I hit stuff right from over 39 meters away I can see 5 million damage happening to stuff.  I know that number is small fry compared to people who can hit the damage cap, but that's 5 mill without any kind of warframe buffs.

Ironically I only build the zaw because I got a riven. I was more into other weapons and I ironically named my Zaw Excalipoor (old Final Fantasy reference) only to find i had built a monster 😂😂

Damnnnn that sounds really fun! I'm assuming you're trying to negate the CO nerf by using the pressure point mods along with the riven mod and exodia contagion, but how do you have both primed pressure point and sacrificial pressure point in one weapon?!?!?

Also a bit off topic, I got a keewar riven that's really good for heavy attacks and since the keewar is a scythe... you get the idea :)

6 hours ago, Reeda_jr said:

What’s your zaw build I’m intrigued?

Sure. This is going to be a bit of a long kne though. 😂

Zaw itself is Mehwan blade, Vargett II Jai link, Kwaith grip.

Mods are Iron Phoenix stance, sacrificial pressure, prime pressure point, organ shatter, blood rush, beserker fury, prime fever strike, north wind, riven.

Riven gives bonus damage, slash and crit damage. (Haven't rolled anything better on this to date). I have Exodia,Cnntagion slotted on as well.

It's very much a crit build, my play style is to get the combo count maxed, then find a nice spot and then rain exodia bolts down on everything until I need to build up the combo again. 

I use this a lot for steel path survival, once I'm set up I'm raining a lot of red crit aoe on everything. Damage depends on aim, blast fall off an distance. If I hit stuff right from over 39 meters away I can see 5 million damage happening to stuff.  I know that number is small fry compared to people who can hit the damage cap, but that's 5 mill without any kind of warframe buffs.

Ironically I only build the zaw because I got a riven. I was more into other weapons and I ironically named my Zaw Excalipoor (old Final Fantasy reference) only to find i had built a monster 😂😂

6 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

Havent changed a thing. Still using my howitzer zaw to delete everything on the map. All that's changed is I see red crits a little later up the combo multiplier ladder and I have a fractionally slower swing speed from Beserker Fury.

What’s your zaw build I’m intrigued?

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

From what I've seen, the re-balance has actually toned down the idea of a meta in Warframe. 

Yeah meta in warframe is generally bullsh*t. Marketing tools for youtubers, followed by kids who idolizes them. That's why so many people love to make fun of meta sheeps, meta slaves, whatever you want to call them.

Look no further than rubico prime, for the longest time has been universally touted as the meta sniper weapon for eidolon hunts. But actually, a lanka can do as good just slightly slower because it charges. Vectis prime can do as good. A redeemer which not even a sniper can do as good. An arquebex can do as good with way less investments. 

It's like gauss the ultimate meta for void fissure runs. Just use volt, he'll probably just two seconds slower than gauss and a couple more button presses. But the results won't be that far.

It doesn't pays that much to follow "meta" in warframe, that's why many people here found satisfaction in ridiculing people who does.

I kronen prime great? Sure it is. But slap the same mods on my reaper prime it'll do just as well.

Well if your not doing Steel Path everything is still pretty effective.   I dont do SP so havent felt it there.

CO+Weep still obliterate stuff.  

For pure crit builds you should try to have Sac Steel to augment your crits back into the red zone.  

Berzerker is only 5% slower lol.   Berzerker always had to "wind up" to reach max speed boost.   Im not sure I didnt look that closely It used to build up each time u did a crit?  Now it might take KILLS to stack on speed??  Thats the way gun stuff works.  

----------------

Doing Sister stuff as melee I would get 50-60%+ of the damage during murmurs and whatnot in full squads.  I think thats pretty effective heh.  

From what I've seen, the re-balance has actually toned down the idea of a meta in Warframe.  I mean yeah, there will still be optimal builds and weapons that shine brighter than others if you really want to crunch the numbers, but finding that optimal build doesn't give you nearly the leg up that it did before.  If you're using an intelligently-designed build, you should be in good shape, so I'd just recommend finding one that lets you play the way you want to play.

6 hours ago, Reeda_jr said:

So the new update nerfed CO, Bloodrish, Weeping wounds, and berserker. Is there a build now that’s better than a CO build excluding heavy builds? Or should I just keep my kronen prime with the CO build on... 

Thanks in advance!

So after all those ruckus, chaos, people losing sleep, heated arguments that can cook a turkey, insults thrown on the internet, hearts broken, credibility lost, faith in humanity destroyed... DE barely made noticable changes.

Guns still not good as melee, and melee is pretty much as good as they've always been. Unless you're a huge minmaxer that's not fun at parties, the changes shouldn't bother you too much.

PS: kronen prime is "the best weapon" with a very thin margin. "The lesser weapons" that follows it on the tier list will do pretty much as good.

1 hour ago, Reeda_jr said:

Thanks in advance!

What they did with Berserker was a change from critical to kill and they made it unable to be equiped with fury, meaning if you had a build with both mods, you can now switch one of them with something else, like more damage, range, calling it a nerf is a bit of a stretch given that some users will do more damage.

Everything remained pretty much the same (you still kill) and this is more evident if your build didn't rely on any of those mods at all, for example i use pennant with charge attacks and after this huge update, everything remained 100% the same.

There is no best melee, you simply aquire and mod stuff to suit your gameplay, when that happens you'll have the best melee for you for a given mission.

39 minutes ago, XAN3MK said:

If you were part of the superior cast of Heavy Attack build chads, literally nothing changed, aside the wind up time on Glaives being slightly increased.
Glaives, Scythes or Gunblades still delete anything that walks on the map in 1-2 heavy attacks.

wait, scythes are good? Ive been using them wrong this whole time i guess. I just used em cause they looked cool

Switch berserker for primed fury if you wish (edit: but you shouldn't need to do that for the kronen p imho). Not much else has changed. 

Afaik they haven't changed much regarding stances, so Sovereign Outcast should still have all its lovely features.

I think they've removed some impact procs from stances, to prevent perma-stunning enemies, but the slash procs are all still there.

Archived