Stop with the ONE SHOTS... This is no Challenge this is just Bad

RagingShark-Shade

I like to Fight the Acolytes... its fun and Feels Rewarding if 2 Steel Essence are Reward enough...
BUT... what keeps p*ssing me off is that Acolytes are Cheap D*cks... everyone can Cheese you away with a oneshot...
You get a Neckbreaker, float in the Air and get a Heavy attack onehot, Get magnetised and OPticored... WHY!!!
Stealpath is meant to be challenging but there is no challenge in being unable to avaoid all the ONE shots
even Kuva Liches and Sisters of Pavos give you a Fair Chance if they try to Twist your Spine...
Balance your Damn Steel path so Acolytes don't Cheese you with a unavoidable One Hit..
No more one shot Finishers, No more One Shot Opticore hits, No more Floating in air for several Seconds and One shot Melee
FFS

You can roll out of the magnetize bubble. 

None of the other acolytes that I can remember have any threatening abilities other than the one that will randomly avoid, or maybe become immune, to damage for a second at a time.

Also, the floating in the air thing sounds like stalker? He sits there for like five seconds, all you have to do is go literally anywhere other than the first place you were standing when he started casting. It is, quite literally, the most telegraphed attack in the entirety of this game.

• Like 6

Ya all don't think that is what i'm doing the entire time... hmm?
Dodging every second just to Avoid this
but there is still the Possibility that you get magnetised and shot instantly
even if you get hit by an attack that lets you float and you have to Watch the Acolyte one hit you
i know how to stay away from Acolytes and know how to Dodge you don't need to tell me this... its the fact that all of em One shot you

a pretty safe way to encounter Acolytes is to wait in spacekid when they announce themselves, and wait until they Spawn. helps avoid them instantly attacking when they Spawn.

if you have some CC tools with you, those will be helpful here. Damage buffs too for that matter. either make it have a harder time attacking you, or make you Kill it faster.

Just use melee when the magnetize bubble is on you, Malice goes down in a few hits without having any melee enhancing arcanes or buffs on 0 combo.

Use something to restore your shield when it breaks or use Warframes that can survive getting hits to health damage by acolytes.

The first time I killed myself when Magnetize was on me I was surprised, but on every encounter after that, I know that when this acolyte spawns, I have to switch to melee and stop firing my guns for a few secconds, just like I know when Violence spawns, I have to keep my distance and use guns, as Silence is going to make it impossible to abilities to defend myself in close combat.

1 hour ago, RagingShark-Shade said:

but there is still the Possibility that you get magnetised and shot instantly

More likely you're getting magnetized and then shooting yourself.  The Opticor needs some charge up time before it can be shot.  Pay attention to which acolyte spawns in, and when it's that particular one, be more mindful of what you are doing.  Use your operator to avoid damage from the magnetize bubble, or roll, or do any number of other things.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlazingCeruleanWaters said:

Also, the floating in the air thing sounds like stalker? He sits there for like five seconds, all you have to do is go literally anywhere other than the first place you were standing when he started casting. It is, quite literally, the most telegraphed attack in the entirety of this game.

Nah, OP means the Lifted status effect you get cheap-shot with if you ever get in close to.. Violence, I think? The Limbo lad with the Rapier. Three seconds of floating 'kill me now' and it seemingly happens instantly on their first melee strike.

Acolytes have many cheap 'gotchas', that's why we build to murder them before they can act.

• Like 4