Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on mobile will kill any evolution of this game?

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I actually dropped my phone from laughter.. reminds me of the countless comments and topics about "Warframe will die when anthem, outriders etc. Releases"

Aged like fine wine.

Also Cyberpunk which had literally nothing in common with Warframe yet was put up as a threat to it. What it translates to is: The game isn't doing what I want thus I'm going to float "threats" at it to force it to become what I want.

There are a number of different replies that revolve around basically the same few points. Let me respond to some things:

“Phones will be better than x/y/z soon/in the future”

Unless you have some special and specific, qualified insight on the subject you have no way of knowing that for sure.

“Phones upgrade constantly”

1.  This assumes the intended audience of Warframe buys new phones constantly.

2. It also assumes that PCs and consoles will not upgrade at a similar if not faster rate

“My phone is better than my Switch lol”

1.  Thank you for pointing out one of the major problems with crossplay in general, not just with mobile specifically.

2. Even if it is for you, it certainly isn’t a given for users the world over. If you’re thinking, “well enough people have great phones that could run warframe!” Unless you have insight into average mobile hardware per user interested in running warframe on their mobile, we can’t know that. DE might, which is precisely why I/we am/are asking for them to share some of their insights with us. "One of our core pillars is transparency" they assured us, after all.

“DE can make more money off of mobile users”

1. Yes, microtransactions on mobile games tend to be more aggressive, exploitative, and profitable than console and PC games on average. Being against exploitative business practices is a crucial area DE has staked its positive reputation and success upon. It is the chief reason I feel much more free to spend money on their game (& merch, etc) than I do any other developer by far, and I am far from alone in this too. Hence part of my concern, as well as other commentors.

2. I don’t have any objections to Warframe having a mobile game at all, provided it is forked from the PC and console version. Otherwise, it most definitely will slow the pace of development and constrain developer options for gameplay innovation to what medium-to-low end mobile users can manage, not just those with the best/most expensive phones.

14 hours ago, CrimsonXX said:

I can easily say that I stand opposite of this in wanting WF to continue being an ongoing game with an ever expanding universe and story, rather than a finished finite thing.

Also I have to laugh at the competition part, cause I've yet to see one that actually touches Warframe.

Wanting a solid foundation is not saying I want the game to stop growing.

I'm saying it's hard to grow when you don't have a solid foundation to grow from. You cannot have an ever expanding universe if you have basically nothing to expand from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for competition - right now Destiny is outdoing Warframe in just about every area ; Vision, Foundation, Content Updates, Polished Gameplay, and Story. I don't say this to hate on Warframe, this is an observation.

Destiny has caught up and left Warframe in the dust, you may not like that but those are the facts.

Destiny doesn't struggle to get content out, they it is regularly growing and evolving its narrative through its current expansion & season model. There is a ton of lore and story they provide in every content drop. Warframe gave up Seasons (Nightwaves) because they realized they don't actually have a complete game that can have a season. Yes, Warframe is by any reasonable metric, an incomplete game.

Destiny is able to do have an ever expanding universe because they released a whole game that they change and improve upon. It doesn't have an identity crisis - It has a solid foundation.

Destiny has concrete & polished gameplay. Destiny knows what kind of game it is and focuses on that. They don't waste time experimenting on features that get forgotten or never used.

Further more it has regularly higher views on twitch & youtube - is becoming more frequently in the Top 10 on Steam over Warframe.

I'm not saying it's perfect - but it is clearly in a Much Better Place than Warframe is right now. It's doing alot of things right. Let's not delude ourselves with the idea that Warframe doesn't have serious competition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Yes - I am more willing to give money to Bungie over DE because Destiny is actually seems to be going places, and utilizing its potential, while Warframe stagnates in an identity crisis.

DE needs to decide what kind of game they want to make and do that. Get the customers out of the kitchen and close the doors because there are too many at this point - choose a direction and make that game. Enough of this Permanent Beta, at this point it is an excuse that holds the game back.

People are so worried about this but they forget that some phones and many tablets are more powerful than some of the toasters that they end up getting hosted by on a daily basis, my only concern with WF Mobile is will it have full controller support.

Am 21.7.2021 um 19:23 schrieb (PSN)Unstar:

Considering that DE is actually making a large financial risk with this move, I feel like it's quite safe to assume they've done their research and know what they're doing.  This isn't something they've done on a whim.

every research is bare theory. reality always looks different.

the fact is that devs do not have host choice and host migration under control. the best option is far from being selected here and it will cause epic fails, especially with mobile.

You can see that already enough with freezes, long loading times and mission abort with garbage can hosts.

On 2021-07-23 at 9:06 AM, Eluminary said:

Snapdragon 888 about 70% stronger graphically then the switch

Only on paper. 

On 2021-07-21 at 3:03 PM, Jarriaga said:

Thing is, even the most powerful phones today are barely catching up to the Switch, which is a 2017 device using 2014 components. Phone manufacturers advertise peak theoretical performance using FP16 while PC and consoles not only measure performance in FP32, but the same hardware yields better performance in consoles than on PC because consoles allow you to "code to the metal" so to speak.

For example, this makes the iPhone XS's advertised 5TFLOPS of performance (Higher than the PS4 Pro) closer to 1.25TFLOPS peak performance, or roughly 70% the performance of the base PS4 (Not even the Pro). Not to mention that heat and power consumption means that peak mobile performance tends to be a burst of 10 seconds or so, which is not sustainable and makes sustained performance roughly 820GLOPS (If not lower), or half the performance of the base PS4 (Which is a 2013 device using 2011 components). Phone FLOPS are extremely misleading.

This came straight from the legendary John Carmack himself:

The 888 is advertised as having a peak theoretical performance of 35 TOPS (Notice they skipped they F for Floating there). How much of that is FP32 as opposed to FP16? And for how long can it sustain or deliver said performance in a very close and tight space that uses passive cooling and a 5,000mAh battery?

Heck, the Switch itself is a clean example of this. Performance is more than halved when not in the dock, and if you use homebrew to force it to run at dock level-performance in handheld mode not only does it get extremely hot to the touch (Which hurts internal components due to lack of active cooling as the fans are in the dock) but battery life is cut to 1/3. That applies to phones as well.

2 hours ago, minininja77 said:

People are so worried about this but they forget that some phones and many tablets are more powerful than some of the toasters that they end up getting hosted by on a daily basis, my only concern with WF Mobile is will it have full controller support.

Not only that, but DE have also shown that not all platforms are effected by the drawbacks of one, instead they streamline it for that platform. The Switch has shown that most notably. What should be worrying is how cross-play will effect PC given the limitations we've seen being done to things like Orphix Venom mob density and so on. Hopefully we can avoid the bus to plebtown in some way while on PC. I dont play on PC to experience console limitations, I play on PC to avoid them.

If a mobile version leads to success in countries like China, it just means free income at that point, due to how heavy spenders mobile gamers in certain Eastern countries are.

Most people are just looking at this so heavily through a Western point of view, completely ignoring the fact the other side of the world has a completely different culture in regards to how games are played and enjoyed.

Mobile devices also wouldn't hinder the game anymore than consoles did. What gets ignored, is that a platform isn't just about hardware, but also how people interact with the game. Any game developed for console immediately has limitations set on it, and most of those limitations transition fine to mobile devices.

There's also already games that are similar enough to Warframe being played on mobile devices, and mobile devices are better than when some of those were released.

People really just have to accept the fact so many games are going to be on mobile in the future due to the popularity of mobile gaming in China. Non-Chinese games and other forms of media have already been censored for ages now to appease their government, it was only a matter of time before Western studios starting pushing for mobile games once that started growing.

1 hour ago, minininja77 said:

^This. Good bye "incoming hotfix" every 30min after a update, for cross S#&$e to work everything has to be on the same version. 

It depends on the fix, if it is PC tech related or so it can be hotfixed, but if it has to do with content we'll have to wait unless it is so small that it doesnt need a cert process on console. What I guess we'll see slow down are balance changes, like the addition of valence fusion and so on, or balance changes to new frames and weapons.

7 hours ago, Iccotak said:

Wanting a solid foundation is not saying I want the game to stop growing.

I'm saying it's hard to grow when you don't have a solid foundation to grow from. You cannot have an ever expanding universe if you have basically nothing to expand from.

As for competition - right now Destiny is outdoing Warframe in just about every area ; Vision, Foundation, Content Updates, Polished Gameplay, and Story. I don't say this to hate on Warframe, this is an observation.

Destiny has caught up and left Warframe in the dust, you may not like that but those are the facts.

Destiny doesn't struggle to get content out, they it is regularly growing and evolving its narrative through its current expansion & season model. There is a ton of lore and story they provide in every content drop. Warframe gave up Seasons (Nightwaves) because they realized they don't actually have a complete game that can have a season. Yes, Warframe is by any reasonable metric, an incomplete game.

Destiny is able to do have an ever expanding universe because they released a whole game that they change and improve upon. It doesn't have an identity crisis - It has a solid foundation.

Destiny has concrete & polished gameplay. Destiny knows what kind of game it is and focuses on that. They don't waste time experimenting on features that get forgotten or never used.

Further more it has regularly higher views on twitch & youtube - is becoming more frequently in the Top 10 on Steam over Warframe.

I'm not saying it's perfect - but it is clearly in a Much Better Place than Warframe is right now. It's doing alot of things right. Let's not delude ourselves with the idea that Warframe doesn't have serious competition.

So Yes - I am more willing to give money to Bungie over DE because Destiny is actually seems to be going places, and utilizing its potential, while Warframe stagnates in an identity crisis.

DE needs to decide what kind of game they want to make and do that. Get the customers out of the kitchen and close the doors because there are too many at this point - choose a direction and make that game. Enough of this Permanent Beta, at this point it is an excuse that holds the game back.

There is a foundation which is what has been built upon for going on 8 years now. There is literally no reason to shift away from that to something else in order to be "complete", when instead it can be left open and probably far more freeing to the devs in that fashion. The universe and game has continued to expand via numerous avenues, so even the idea that non-"complete" halters that doesn't hold up. I will easily take the Beta version over the "complete" version.

As for the Destiny bit: That's YOUR opinion not facts. Fact is that whenever I start to load into Destiny I don't vs. Warframe where I do most of the time. Also in Destiny as I already mentioned, if you don't pay and are f2p then you're ALWAYS an update behind. "Growing and evolving" funny how not only have I now heard anything hugely new from there, but the things I have seen in regards to changes have been negative with players being pissed off about changes made in updates. Though in regards to lore the last thing to mention is Destiny which in its first incarnation put all or most of its lore out of the game for people to have to go find.

Nightwave is being set aside/dialed back because it was taking too much time, focus, and resources from the main quest they're currently focusing on "The New War". I'd say its a struggle any creative can find themselves falling into of starting a small side-story that intrigues them to the point of wanting to expand out on it; only in this case there's a main quest-line that needs that focus instead. If anything I can see potential from TNW in expanding on it via having stories similar to what was shown in the demo with the Tenno literally playing missions as characters in the mini-stories. Also Destiny is helmed by Bungie a major corporation that has been working in the AAA territories for years and has staff probably in the hundreds, so pretty b.s. acting like DE should be keeping up with them in regards to rolling out content. Though even then I easily lean towards/get invested in WF's content over Destiny's

Warframe doesn't have an identity crisis, they have a sandbox that everyone can play in to find things to enjoy. They aren't just a first person looter-shooter that's always just that like Destiny is. I gladly lean into the sandbox instead of the limited to a particular genre style. Though I do admit that DE listen too much to the whiners that pull them this direction or that direction based on preference; the worst being tryhards that have been crying the most.

Yes and Destiny is boring because of that. They never change anything, they never step outside of their known territories. THAT is the path to stagnation, THAT is the path to "yawn-syndrome". Its a by the book calculated thing vs. Warframe that is a sandbox of creative freedom for the devs to do things out of the ordinary. Like Railjack which I like and hope to see expanded on further in the future, never likely to see Destiny go there cause that's not "looter-shooter" styled and its hard-locked into being only that.

I really don't care about YT or twitch views and even then neither hugely reflect anything as most would rather y'know PLAY the game than watch it, especially something like WF. Though admittedly I'd rather WATCH than PLAY Destiny funnily enough.

Destiny is cookie-cutter first person looter-shooter that never deviates from being that too far; Warframe is an amalgamation of various types of gameplay that don't fit into the mold and has dared to be ambitious in its scope. There's no "deluding" needed, there is no competition.

You want to give Bungie your money? Go do that then. Instead of trying to come into WF forums to speak the gospel of Destiny the cookie cutter locked in its own ways and restrained by them looter-shooter you're clearly so enamored by. It isn't going "good places" its going safe and predictable places that fall in its wheelhouse; never deviating outside of it in any major way. You aren't going to get a Second Dream/War Within/Sacrifice there; you aren't going to get Railjack type content there; you aren't going to get anything outside of what is already there cause that's how that type of game does things.

As already mentioned above, I agree with the idea that DE needs to lean back into their vision of the game as the core vs. listening to x,y, and z people that want the game pulled in their direction; however the idea of that being to limit the game is where the "agreement" ends. I want WF to continue to be the non-cookie cutter scifi ARPG sandbox that its always been and to never settle into something boring like a cookie cutter TPS looter-shooter only. Beta only serves to maintain that and it shouldn't change just cause ones like you look negatively at that label and the freedoms it affords.

3 hours ago, CrimsonXX said:

Though in regards to lore the last thing to mention is Destiny which in its first incarnation put all or most of its lore out of the game for people to have to go find.

this is such an old nitpick that was addressed literally Years ago

Stagnation: "The state of not flowing or moving."

Destiny is anything but that. Yeah they heavily focus on the core gameplay and That's Good

They still put out loads of new story content - with refreshing activities. By all accounts the game is progressing, it is moving forward.

It also shouldn't need to be explained that a game can avoid being stagnant without becoming a completely different game that isn't even in the same genre.

Just look at Monster Hunter - one of the biggest video game franchises in the world, yet it has an incredibly strong focus on its core gameplay that has not really changed all that much between games - and any new ideas or systems added are ensured to serve the core gameplay loop. MH doesn't have "Content Islands" because it's core gameplay is core to the identity of the franchise. Change things up and try new things? OK Fine, but only as long as it serves & enhances the core gameplay that made players interested in the first place.

Warframe got successfully kickstarted because of its core gameplay - it's where it is now because of its core gameplay. It's not radical to say that the thing that made the game successful should be the focus and that DE should stop getting caught up in gimmicks that don't serve the core game. Warframe should stop trying to be everything.

It is because Warframe is trying to do so many things at once that it's stagnating. Not to mention all the problems from just piles of outdated content they've yet to address.

There is a foundation which is what has been built upon for going on 8 years now.

No there really is not - there's the core gameplay and the reality is that Warframe is a very incomplete game composed of bits and pieces stitched together.

Warframe doesn't have a concrete base game to expand and improve upon, it has a lot of bits they have to somehow make work together...

Warframe's "foundation" is a bloated mess that needs major overhauls and polish...

Nightwave is being set aside/dialed back because it was taking too much time, focus, and resources from the main quest they're currently focusing on "The New War". I'd say its a struggle any creative can find themselves falling into of starting a small side-story that intrigues them to the point of wanting to expand out on it; only in this case there's a main quest-line that needs that focus instead.

And Warframe is right to drop it - because a very incomplete game has no place making seasons with temporary content that'll go away. Especially something with the label "BETA". They still need to make the rest of the game.

Again - Destiny doesn't have this issue. I get that people like Warframe but why is it nearly impossible for people to take a good look at the game and really admit to themselves the nature of the situation?

There are Looter Shooter games that are doing better than Warframe and the developers and community should consider what they can learn from the competition. 

I played WF for a while (Started back in 2014) - then I took a break for a while and played a lot of other games - came back and saw what was plainly the issue. DE has a lack of focus which led to them deviating far too much from core gameplay and just developing the game. They spend too much time experimenting and not focusing on the important things. Creative Freedom is great if it is serving an end goal and is productive.

Go do that then. Instead of trying to come into WF forums to speak the gospel of Destiny the cookie cutter locked in its own ways and restrained by them looter-shooter you're clearly so enamored by. It isn't going "good places" its going safe and predictable places that fall in its wheelhouse; never deviating outside of it in any major way.

It doesn't need to deviate from anything. The game is what it advertised as - it's focus on it's core gameplay is a strength, not a weakness. Don't fix what isn't broken, they can add new activities but there is literally Zero reason to deviate from the core gameplay loop. You can have reasonable wiggle room - but like Monster Hunter it's important to stick to the gameplay that made it all happen in the first place.

Warframe doesn't have an identity crisis, they have a sandbox that everyone can play in to find things to enjoy.

Implementing features/activities that are completely irrelevant to the core gameplay is a sign of identity crisis or at least too much experimentation - yes that is a thing. Warframe experiments WAY too much considering we are 8 years in. At 4 years I'd be more understanding but really DE need to get a better handle on the wheel and FOCUS.

For example: Playable Grineer & Corpus? DE cannot dedicate resources to a nightwave but they can to yet another thing that is practically a different game? Why? Stop Trying to be other Games...

Its a by the book calculated thing vs. Warframe that is a sandbox of creative freedom for the devs to do things out of the ordinary.

Yes, Bungie is actually planning things out and give themselves limitations so then they don't waste resources. They are good at managing their money and focusing on what is important.

I really don't care about YT or twitch views and even then neither hugely reflect anything as most would rather y'know PLAY the game than watch it

Numbers reflect interest and excitement. Everyone knows this.

You aren't going to get a Second Dream/War Within/Sacrifice

Ah yes the tiny quests (while good) in a vast shallow puddle of nothing. No actual campaign - just loosely strung together stories and half-baked quests. There are pieces of what could be an amazing story but it's largely incomplete and has huge gaps in-between.

Openworld and Railjack  are great ideas as they connected to the core Warframe gameplay but they suffered the same problem of being an island because DE has to make islands in order to get participation in that island. This is basically what always happens because DE are constrained by having to push through new shinnies and half-baked activities to maintain our interest. 

The balancing act is stagnating them and they need space to focus on whatever kind of game it is they want to make. I cannot fathom how anyone can look at the state of the game and think "Yeah - let's keep it in perpetual BETA" - when that is the very thing keeping the game stuck in buggy & unpolished mess of mediocrity.

At a certain point - that's no longer going to be a valid excuse, which we are already seeing amongst the community.

2 hours ago, Iccotak said:

this is such an old nitpick that was addressed literally Years ago

Stagnation: "The state of not flowing or moving."

Destiny is anything but that. Yeah they heavily focus on the core gameplay and That's Good

They still put out loads of new story content - with refreshing activities. By all accounts the game is progressing, it is moving forward.

It also shouldn't need to be explained that a game can avoid being stagnant without becoming a completely different game that isn't even in the same genre.

Just look at Monster Hunter - one of the biggest video game franchises in the world, yet it has an incredibly strong focus on its core gameplay that has not really changed all that much between games - and any new ideas or systems added are ensured to serve the core gameplay loop. MH doesn't have "Content Islands" because it's core gameplay is core to the identity of the franchise. Change things up and try new things? OK Fine, but only as long as it serves & enhances the core gameplay that made players interested in the first place.

Warframe got successfully kickstarted because of its core gameplay - it's where it is now because of its core gameplay. It's not radical to say that the thing that made the game successful should be the focus and that DE should stop getting caught up in gimmicks that don't serve the core game. Warframe should stop trying to be everything.

It is because Warframe is trying to do so many things at once that it's stagnating. Not to mention all the problems from just piles of outdated content they've yet to address.

No there really is not - there's the core gameplay and the reality is that Warframe is a very incomplete game composed of bits and pieces stitched together.

Warframe doesn't have a concrete base game to expand and improve upon, it has a lot of bits they have to somehow make work together...

Warframe's "foundation" is a bloated mess that needs major overhauls and polish...

And Warframe is right to drop it - because a very incomplete game has no place making seasons with temporary content that'll go away. Especially something with the label "BETA". They still need to make the rest of the game.

Again - Destiny doesn't have this issue. I get that people like Warframe but why is it nearly impossible for people to take a good look at the game and really admit to themselves the nature of the situation?

There are Looter Shooter games that are doing better than Warframe and the developers and community should consider what they can learn from the competition. 

I played WF for a while (Started back in 2014) - then I took a break for a while and played a lot of other games - came back and saw what was plainly the issue. DE has a lack of focus which led to them deviating far too much from core gameplay and just developing the game. They spend too much time experimenting and not focusing on the important things. Creative Freedom is great if it is serving an end goal and is productive.

It doesn't need to deviate from anything. The game is what it advertised as - it's focus on it's core gameplay is a strength, not a weakness. Don't fix what isn't broken, they can add new activities but there is literally Zero reason to deviate from the core gameplay loop. You can have reasonable wiggle room - but like Monster Hunter it's important to stick to the gameplay that made it all happen in the first place.

Implementing features/activities that are completely irrelevant to the core gameplay is a sign of identity crisis or at least too much experimentation - yes that is a thing. Warframe experiments WAY too much considering we are 8 years in. At 4 years I'd be more understanding but really DE need to get a better handle on the wheel and FOCUS.

For example: Playable Grineer & Corpus? DE cannot dedicate resources to a nightwave but they can to yet another thing that is practically a different game? Why? Stop Trying to be other Games...

Yes, Bungie is actually planning things out and give themselves limitations so then they don't waste resources. They are good at managing their money and focusing on what is important.

Numbers reflect interest and excitement. Everyone knows this.

Ah yes the tiny quests (while good) in a vast shallow puddle of nothing. No actual campaign - just loosely strung together stories and half-baked quests. There are pieces of what could be an amazing story but it's largely incomplete and has huge gaps in-between.

Openworld and Railjack  are great ideas as they connected to the core Warframe gameplay but they suffered the same problem of being an island because DE has to make islands in order to get participation in that island. This is basically what always happens because DE are constrained by having to push through new shinnies and half-baked activities to maintain our interest. 

The balancing act is stagnating them and they need space to focus on whatever kind of game it is they want to make. I cannot fathom how anyone can look at the state of the game and think "Yeah - let's keep it in perpetual BETA" - when that is the very thing keeping the game stuck in buggy & unpolished mess of mediocrity.

At a certain point - that's no longer going to be a valid excuse, which we are already seeing amongst the community.

It doesn't matter if it was "years ago" or not, its still something that was done exactly as I said in the first incarnation of the game.

Destiny is Destiny a first person looter shooter that will always be a first person looter shooter; it will never go outside of that box. That is a path to stagnation, because of the last part.

Once again you love Destiny? GO PLAY IT. Instead of trying to preach the gospel of it here. Its got its own flaws and limitations, as well as definitely not pulling my personal interest; hence my being here and playing WF instead. Warframe doesn't lock itself into being just a hack and slasher, instead being a sandbox; something that Destiny will never be able to do because of it being so hardlocked into its "looter shooter" confines.

MH doesn't have people storing up items that when a new event or update is dropped they can insta-finish it like in WF's case; its also a series where one has to shell out $30-$60 per entry. Its not an ongoing universe that's being expanded on, but a franchise that has new entries put into it so long as it turns a profit.

Warframe's aesthetic, design, and gameplay are what sold it and continue to sell it; its ability to reach outside of what is deemed its bubble is what makes it better than many others. It isn't just a looter shooter; just a hack and slash; just an RPG; etc. It has elements of all of those and more, thus actually feeling bigger as a result. Warframe has already shown plenty of areas of avoiding stagnation and because of its sandbox nature those will only continue to grow.

I can literally call ANY game "bits and pieces stitched together", because that is exactly what games are if one tries to asininely reduce them down in order to very clearly boost up another. Which is what you've been doing with your Destiny preaching. If that's your example counter to Warframe, then it needs to stay with its own route and not go there. Does Warframe's core systems need a refresh? Sure, like with any ongoing game. However that has to be balanced with making newer content as well, since if not there'll be a crowd whining about content drought. Even with that it in no way needs to take lessons from your precious Destiny.

They haven't dropped it, being set aside/dialed back isn't the same as that. Also who are you to dare try to say what they can or can't do in THEIR game. Every MMO I've played has had "temporary content" regardless of being "Beta" or not. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. Hell even Fortnite has it and that game likely will never be "finished", since shaking things up is seemingly its thing.

Destiny is made by an AAA developer with a likely much bigger team and which doesn't really do much of anything outside of their limited scope as a looter-shooter only. They're as I've already said cookie-cutter and BORING. DE has learned from other games, however in no way should they shift THEIR game into being like those other games. They have expanded out of the limited scope of "looter shooter" and are better for it, unlike those others you refer. Its also been around for 8 years and showing little to no signs of going anywhere.

The arrogance of thinking you have any say on what DE should or shouldn't do or on how they approach designing THEIR game. NOT you game, but THEIRS. I constantly go off to play other games, because I'm not some obsessive type locked only into a single game; yet always come back to Warframe and find aspects it does that I love that are missing elsewhere. The best games I've played have been ones that haven't stuck to their genre and incorporated elements outside of it. Also WF's creative freedom has been plenty productive in expanding the universe and leading to new storylines and modes of play, though I doubt you can grasp that. Though you clearly are too locked into AAA cookie cutter single-genre based games.

No, deviating outside of the safe zones is what gives a game its uniqueness, instead of it just being cookie cutter. It makes it boring and predictable, just like any other game of its type. At least with Warframe I can go from hacking and slashing in a mission to piloting a ship with an AI crew and back to on-foot missions as I want; I can go after personalized mini-bosses via the Sisters and Liches; I can go mine or fish; etc. Destiny on the other hand is and will always be the same old same old because that's its mold and god forbid it break out of it.

You do realize that the Grineer & Corpus are part of a MAIN QUEST LINE right? That does click for you instead of completely going over your head? That a MAIN quest carries far more weight thus more resources than Nightwave which amounts to a side-thing. Who am I kidding you likely don't. Also no, WF should keep defying any restrictions on what it should or shouldn't be; learn from other games but not be bound by the same chains as they are. If they'd gone with what you're saying something like The Second Dream never would've happened or been a thing; cause that's not part of the cookie cutter mold you're so adamantly preaching about.

Bungie is boring and predictable is the translation.

No, they really don't. I've seen games flare up on either platform then go dark based on nothing but whims. Tennocon breaking concurrency records, having relays crashing because of people loading in, etc run contrary to anything about lack of interest. I'd wager when The New War launches there'll likely be an overload on the servers as well, because of the interest in it. Though this isn't even diving into factors of streamable content and not. I don't particularly enjoy watching Warframe being played by someone else, but playing it myself I obviously do; this same idea can be put to several games out there.

"Tiny quests", um no unless one puts in a full day of obsessive gameplay. Though even then they more than deliver in terms of lore revelations and even in terms of gameplay changing. omg how dare a story revolving around what amounts to mercenaries not have a locked in storyline with its missions that force a path on the players, instead of letting them do whatever they want as they will. Truly how dare they do that. (in case its not able to understood this is sarcasm).

Openworlds and Railjack aren't their own things out of keeping interest, its a matter of being well aware that certain players have an amassment of resources that will completely negate any thing that they attempt to do that allows that resource pool to be used. It also makes sense in certain cases that there'd be particular resources only available for certain areas. You aren't going to get a fish by doing a run-through of a Corpus satellite for instance. You try to claim that DE is restrained when in reality the only thing "restraining" them is the various loud whiners that want the game to cater to them. Otherwise they aren't restrained by anything and especially not by attempting to be just another cookie cutter genre title.

The kind of game they want to make is a sandbox and the game is better for it. "Beta" or not DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. You're just the same as the ones whining about the game catering to them; you want it to be how you like. In this case you want it to be shackled and chained into being a boring predictable lesser that you paid $30-$60 for. I'll easily as I've already said take the creative freedom and sandbox f2p game over that garbage any day of the week.

En 21/7/2021 a las 13:18, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 dijo:

Opinion: 
Cross save and play between consoles and PC is great can finally play with buddies from the forums and r/Warframe! But from graphics, animations to engine limitations to P2P connection to gameplay evolution and ideas, implementation, mechanics;  I feel like DE is really overreaching  and scraping  the bottom of the barrel with this one and DE is really backing themselves into a corner even more so. Are we really hurting for (new)players that much we have to make Warframe playable on mobile device too? 

Why is putting Warframe on mobile phones a good idea? 

Mobiles are more powerful than switch so i doubt it will have that impact if switch didnt have it

I think this viewpoint is a little bit of the alarmist/'the sky is falling' variety... I don't see how bringing the game to mobile devices such as phones and tablets would somehow negatively affect users on other platforms.

I mean, have you seen some of the stuff getting released on Mobile devices lately? There's a game that rhymes with 'Teshin Intact' that exists on mobile devices, and if you told me the sort of stuff it does without my having seen it do those things first hand, I'd have laughed you out of the building. Seriously, it's kind of freakish what they accomplished with that game on mobile. Sure, the mobile version of Warframe might have simpler character models/animations and reduced graphical fidelity, but I could definitely see it as being feasible.

And for those who are worried about a mobile phone hosting a match, I have a sneaking suspicion that DE will implement some sort of host-priority algorithm that will select the best host device based on hardware and network speed. I'm banking on there being a way you can turn off cross-play as well.

Personally, my main concern revolves around the fact that the game might be harder to play with the undoubtedly-trickier controls for moving around and avoiding death (I tried sprinting through a mission I’d already cleared just before with no lives lost; it did not go well 😋)

If Warframe didn’t have the option to absolutely obliterate everything while standing still or sprinting along, I’d be concerned that they’d simplify what they’d balanced around movement, and since movement is what got me hooked in the first place, I may well reconsider playing.

The good thing is that Warframe does have that option, so I’m not too worried 👍 (obviously concern is always there, but at the moment it’s miniscule)

My only concern is updates being delayed for universal launch on all platforms. I'm already accustomed to waiting as I'm an Xbox player but my question is how is the certification process going to work now in relation to PC development. 

Is PC waiting just as long as everyone else? Because if that's the case overall development could slow down.

I always thought cross save would have been the route to go so all players had the freedom to either stay on console or migrate to PC without any issue. I'll personally stay on my Xbox but I get why players want the freedom to migrate and play the game on the device of there choice.

But my fear is development slowing down due to everyone playing together. 

17 hours ago, Iccotak said:

It is still tied to the core gameplay of the game. Different mission types and modes doesnt go against the core gameplay since they all fit the system of the game. We can question RJ and Archwing since they arent tied so much to the core gameplay, though RJ is partly since you use the core gameplay both inside the RJ and in inside areas on the RJ maps.

I mean, the combat and the gameplay loop would be defining core parts of WF that would define the core gameplay. And everything is tied to that. Then that there are islands mostly is a completely different story. Steel Path made that better, since now the whole chart is viable to use at higher levels. And sisters of parvos changed this a bit aswell since now the encounters are tied to both the star chart and railjack, and even to the granum void (though that was a questionable design decision to get the sister).

14 hours ago, Letter13 said:

I think this viewpoint is a little bit of the alarmist/'the sky is falling' variety... I don't see how bringing the game to mobile devices such as phones and tablets would somehow negatively affect users on other platforms.

I still remember when we got threads like this when the game was ported to PS4.

Then again when the Xbox One port was announced.

Then a third time when the Switch got its port.

At this point I'm more amused than anything.

10 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I still remember when we got threads like this when the game was ported to PS4.

Then again when the Xbox One port was announced.

Then a third time when the Switch got its port.

At this point I'm more amused than anything.

Hey, atleast it has evolved now, cos now it's the console crowd throwing the rotten apples, rancid meat and moldy taters and bread at the mobile port.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb xXDeadsinxX:

I never understood this viewpoint, if anything this will bring in a lot more revenue for DE and their entire company. 

Maybe, but revenue for the developer and their parent company isn't something that matters to players beyond a certain point, and this game is a prime example for why. Warframe is plenty profitable. They've always had the option to invest more money into the parts where it's lacking (*cough* QA *cough*), and they chose not to.

On 2021-07-21 at 6:58 PM, (NSW)mrEkli said:

https://www.protondb.com/app/230410 Here's a resource for you.

I've played Warframe using Steam and Proton on Linux. The think that the 'Gold' rating doesn't tell you is how playable it really is. I can only speak from my personal experience. Warframe running on Proton is laggy and temperamental. These are not good things to have in a FPS. My computer was using SSD for the linux partition. When I tried Warframe on the Windows 10 partition (running on a spinning drive), the game was much more playable.

I would probably buy a Steam Deck if it becomes an officially supported platform for Warframe.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Lotus-123:

I've played Warframe using Steam and Proton on Linux. The think that the 'Gold' rating doesn't tell you is how playable it really is. I can only speak from my personal experience. Warframe running on Proton is laggy and temperamental. These are not good things to have in a FPS. My computer was using SSD for the linux partition. When I tried Warframe on the Windows 10 partition (running on a spinning drive), the game was much more playable.

I would probably buy a Steam Deck if it becomes an officially supported platform for Warframe.

A Gold rating sounds good, but what “Gold” means is that the game runs well only after you spend some time tweaking and tinkering. Linux fans think that’s fine, so they call it “gold”.

Archived