Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone give me a beginner tanky build for Rhino Prime or Wukong Prime? Maybe a Saryn Prime build too.

Ender_Uzhumaki

Question

I want a build that's easy to get (no primed/umbral/corrupted things, only mods you can easily get from normal missions with enemies under lvl50), brainless and easy to play (that's why i want it to be tanky - just run around the room and oneshot everything without being able to die) and usable for the whole game (i don't mean endgame, i mean not just for once specific mission but for anything i want at my level).

14 answers to this question

Building tank for beginners is easy. Go to your modding screen, type "health" on your search bar, then equip every mods that gives you health. Then do the same for "armor", and "shield".

Level up those mods if you feel they're lackluster.

==========

There's a mechanic with rhino's iron skin (ability 2) that most rookies missed. When you cast it, rhino's health numbers on top right of screen will turn grey. The amount of damage you absorb during this period will be translated into his iron skin. So the more damage he took = more tanky he'll become.

If you already enjoying using that skill, type "ability duration" and equip the mods to increase rhino skin's duration. And "ability efficiency" to decrease its energy use.

1 минуту назад, Leqesai сказал:

High power strength and Steel Fiber will buff your Iron Skin with Rhino.

Wukong is a HP frame so Vitality is very useful as well as Adaptation.

Uhh... Link me the WHOLE build, you just said what stats to get. All mods, weapons, mods for weapons.

Health and Armor Mods. thereygo. add Adaptation once you have it.
then just pick some way to Heal yourself that is convenient for you.

that's pretty much it. past that you have Abilities, both Wukong and Rhino have one that makes them more durable. to fulfill Modding for those, just add some Strength Mods.

if you do those things, well, now you're basically about 70-80% as durable as someone that's been playing the game for 1000Hours.

32 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Then do the same for "armor", and "shield".

on most Warframes, adding a Shield Mod thesedays actually makes them more vulnerable to Damage, since you'll be getting the full Shield Gate less often and only the partial Shield Gate.
on most Warframes you need to add Shield Recharge Mods in addition to Capacity Mods in order for increasing Shields to not  be a detriment. and even then you're still gambling on the Recharge Delay, so you're using up Mod Slots that will only help you sometimes.
if any Shield Mod at all, generally Recharge Speed would be the Shield Mod to Equip now, for a general purpose Loadout.

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Health and Armor Mods. thereygo. add Adaptation once you have it.
then just pick some way to Heal yourself that is convenient for you.

that's pretty much it. past that you have Abilities, both Wukong and Rhino have one that makes them more durable. to fulfill Modding for those, just add some Strength Mods.

if you do those things, well, now you're basically about 70-80% as durable as someone that's been playing the game for 1000Hours.

on most Warframes, adding a Shield Mod thesedays actually makes them more vulnerable to Damage, since you'll be getting the full Shield Gate less often and only the partial Shield Gate.
on most Warframes you need to add Shield Recharge Mods in addition to Capacity Mods in order for increasing Shields to not  be a detriment. and even then you're still gambling on the Recharge Delay, so you're using up Mod Slots that will only help you sometimes.
if any Shield Mod at all, generally Recharge Speed would be the Shield Mod to Equip now, for a general purpose Loadout.

He have 2 (two) posts, and 1 (one) reputation point. I'm not going to guess his playtime nor MR.

I'm just taking the liberty to assume that shield gating will make absolutely no sense for players at his level. If I'm wrong and he's actually a veteran who don't know how to build rhino, I'll own my misjudgment. But that early on nothing can oneshot any frame's shield, rookies have very few means to restore health, and learning to survive is always a priority. Most of us have already forget, but at that level, shields restores itself, health doesn't.

I'll still say go for more shields and faster recharge.

24 minutes ago, Ender_Uzhumaki said:

Uhh... Link me the WHOLE build, you just said what stats to get. All mods, weapons, mods for weapons.

If you want the whole build, you can use overframe.cc. If you wanted personal input, this is the place.

Tanky builds for Saryn is a bit of a wasted frame. But this is what I use: all three Umbral mods, Adaptation, Overextended, and I use Helminth Breach Surge on top of Saryn's 4th.

For strategy I use Saryn's 1st Spore and then bullet jump next to the enemy. The spores spread fast from the bullet jumps. I only use Breach Surge in crowded rooms or as crowd control.

2 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

He have 2 (two) posts, and 1 (one) reputation point. I'm not going to guess his playtime nor MR.

I'm just taking the liberty to assume that shield gating will make absolutely no sense for players at his level. That early on nothing can oneshot any frame's shield, rookies have very few means to restore health, and learning to survive is always a priority. Most of us have already forget, but at that level, shields restores itself, health doesn't.

Imma say go for more shields and faster recharge.

That's a good way to look at the situation!

I always suggest Life Strike on melee weapons for inexperienced players.

1 hour ago, Ender_Uzhumaki said:

Wukong's such a chill frame that we don't even need to mention a whole build. Just slap on the usual tank mods (Health/Armor/Adaptation if you got it), Rage or H.Adrenaline for infinite energy, and some Duration mods for comfortably long Cloud flights and Defy armor buffs. Bim bam boom, Wukong build. Pro strat: unequip your melee if you don't wanna use it. This forces your bro clone to always use your Primary. Give him any passably good Primary and let him do the killing for you, with the usual build (Damage, Multishot, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Toxin, Cold, Heat/H.Munitions, free slot). When in doubt, add Vile Acceleration for ludicrous fire rate for your monke mate.

Archived