Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you’re having trouble squashing enemies with the K-drive, you might be encountering enemy shieldgating

(NSW)Greybones

I remember coming across some posts saying it was impossible or very tricky to squash enemies with the k-drive.

If you’re having trouble killing enemies in Orb Valis, you might be dealing with enemy shield-gating. If you bring a secondary that can take out the enemy shield without crushing the insides to a goey pulp, you can do a short hop and finish some of the enemies off.

I was squishing some level 20 patrols as they moved around the entrance to Fortuna. Boop ‘em with the Bronco Prime, goomba stomp ‘em with a short hop. Might do some testing for higher-levels out of curiosity.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but figured I’d put it out there 👍  (I don’t recall coming across any topics that did)

Also, just discovered that the slam shockwave is different to what I was doing. Flying over and landing on their heads after a short hop might flow a little better for single targets instead of lining up a straight drop.  🤔 I wonder if the shockwave main impact does more damage than just bomping them on the head. More testing required

3 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

In my case you have to hit right on their head. Off-center by the slightest and they won't die.

Huh. Personally I was surprised at what felt like a larger impact point than I was expecting based on what others were saying.

Gonna do more testing because now I think I’m addicted to goomba stomps 😋

A few tips for this particular challenge:

1. Enemies are easier to stomp when they are prone. I'm not 100% sure they must be, but I haven't been getting credit when they weren't.

2. The hitbox for the stomp is pretty small. Use the containers near Fortuna's entrance to practice your targeting with it so you can land where you mean to.

3. A short distance from Fortuna, directly north, is the Grow Site. This is a good place to get some enemies to stomp out.

What worked the easiest for me was to get high range and low duration/low strength Vauban and use his vortex. Pull enemies together, it should strip their shields, and wait for it to be about one second from expiring. You want to jump so that it expires right before you perform the stomp. I have had several multi-kills this way.

Alternatively, for those that don't have the correct mods/frame for this, you can use low strength Mag pull, Valkyr zipline, low strength/duration Rhino stomp, etc to similar effect. Just try to pick an ability that won't one-shot them and leaves them prone on the ground.

Even without enemy shieldgating the stomp hits for almost nothing, something that I learned rather quickly.

Like said above, the best/only realistic way to do this it to take advantage of the "land on an enemy's head" thing.

3 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

People... come on... just go to deimos and stomp the small larva thingys that are spewed by that one enemy, no priming, no headshot, no nothing, and you have an unlimited dispenser once you've found one

That’s an option for those looking for it

edit: Thanks for it. I hadn’t considered that

Archived