Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are there any weapons you would like to see in this game?

TeaHands

Do you have any ideas for some stupid-fun or unique weapons? Maybe some real life weapons you would want to see integrated. Or a weapon or weapon mechanics from a different game you think would be perfect for this one? Provide as much info as you'd like!

My contribution: a "Ninja" shotgun.

It's a silenced shotgun you stuff with miscellaneous kunai and shuriken for some streamlined ninja action. Maybe have it work like the drakgoon and the kunai/shuriken silently bounce around the level.

Anything you would like to see in the game?

6 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

I would like spears to be a new melee weapon category.

DE is so weird about spears, they only show up as abilities like Radial Javelin or Divine Spears, or as guns for some reason.

I too would love to see spears added as a melee. I feel like it could get awesome with one as an exalted weapon too

34 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Psychogun from Space Pirate Cobra as either arm cannon or amp prism

Hadn't heard of that manga before and just read a synopsis, and loved it. I'm definitely down for more arm cannons like that. Also more arm cannons in general would be awesome.

2 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Do you have any ideas for some stupid-fun or unique weapons? Maybe some real life weapons you would want to see integrated. Or a weapon or weapon mechanics from a different game you think would be perfect for this one? Provide as much info as you'd like!

My contribution: a "Ninja" shotgun.

It's a silenced shotgun you stuff with miscellaneous kunai and shuriken for some streamlined ninja action. Maybe have it work like the drakgoon and the kunai/shuriken silently bounce around the level.

Fun fact: ninjas actually use shotguns.

One version that i know is made of hardened leather so it's light enough for them to carry. 

And it shoots bunch of round iron pellets just like how you imagine an old shotgun would work.

Ninjas actually love guns because it gets the job done. Guns are effective, just like the ninjas. Unlike, say... throwing iron stars at people.

10 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Fun fact: ninjas actually use shotguns.

One version that i know is made of hardened leather so it's light enough for them to carry. 

And it shoots bunch of round iron pellets just like how you imagine an old shotgun would work.

Ninjas actually love guns because it gets the job done. Guns are effective, just like the ninjas. Unlike, say... throwing iron stars at people.

Right I forget they have crazy stuff like that, like their Egg Bombs.

I guess my idea is a happy medium between bastardized ninja weapons and accurate ones lol

On 2021-07-22 at 2:56 PM, TomCruisesSon said:

there's a few. most of the weapon types I can think of are covere,d but I'm still wanting the following:

- a True "hand cannon" revolver: I like our spammy revolvers but I really want to also try a proper .44 Magnum style pistol: a classic Revolver in the Tenno style with slow RoF, and high recoil, but incredibly high damage and accuracy, can also be a crit weapon to ensure it hits harder than other secondaries at most levels.

- an Anti-Material Rifle/Heavy Sniper, again, slow rate of fire, tremendous recoil and sound, but with a massive amount of stopping power, punchthrough and perfect accuracy. ideall it should be a BIG rifle as well, to the point where it is as long as the user is tall, because BIG snipers look awesome as hell!

- a Bolt-Action rifle in the Tenno style, preferably with a working bayonet: if you have no melee equipped, pressing melee will allow you to use the bayonet to skewer enemeis instead. (I just really want to Banzai charge some grineer!)

- sawn off Tigris shotgun secondaries, preferably dual wield, but I'll settle for one.

- AkMagnus Prime! @(XBOX)YoungGunn82knows what I mean!

- Dual Nikanas, like what Teshin has.

- Dual Zoren Prime, why we can't be prime Berserkers I just don't know...

- Tonbo Prime, because it's been FOREVER and this polearm has still never been given any love!

I'd go with Dark Split-Sword Prime, which now can switch between heavy sword and dual wield with the press of a button. I'm hoping that when DE mentioned that Nidus Prime will come with 'old weapons', they had this baby on their minds.
Oh, and Akmagnus Prime, because the meme has to finally have it's happy end. 

Small edit because something came to my mind - Kuva Ripkas, to complete all the Doom-Guy cosplays and to Rip and Tear in general.

gNdvmFi.png

There's plenty of room for more variations on the existing weapon types, but I can't think of very many that haven't been done in some way.

Slings, blow darts, javelins, "meteor hammers" ... and I guess we don't have much in the way of clubs?

And I'd dig being able to throw grenades back at whoever keeps throwing them at me 😒

Zenith is interesting because it the infinite punch through, but it doesn't exploit its only feature... alt-fire for time-limited short-range headshot-reticles-on-the-hud feature and allows the actual use of the infinite punch thru for a limited time... not thrilled. Did I mention it has a timer on it?

Does anyone remember N64's Perfect Dark? The special sniper rifle (alien rifle?) showed you the enemies through the walls (like Argonak Augment) and made great use of the infinite punch.

I'd be pleased with a good Argonak (The "Ceti Tenet Wraith Kuva Prisma Argonak Vandal Prime" lol) that doesn't need the augment to do everything the augment does. Or a jet powered bow with infinite punch and sees enemies thru walls (single target only, I don't want any explodie AoE meme crap).

we have cannons we have arm cannons whats next dual sholder mounted cannons (frames arms are using controls so no quad weilding this time)

7 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

What about a reverse gun blade. It's a gun, but it has an alt fire that does a close range CQC attack. It could do a knockdown, or do a finisher

hmm getting memorys of some kids cartoon (codename KND) that had a gun that was a 2x4 plank attached to a spring mecanism so when you pulled the triger the melee ranged enimy would get hit with the plank

Archived