Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unairu or Zenurik school for Nidus?

-Vahagn-

With the upcoming Nidus Prime, I stockpiled forma and umbral forma as well as lens blueprints. However I like to give my favorite Warframes a focus lens with the school I use.

For Nidus I cannot decide between Unairu or Zenurik. Unairu makes Warframes more tanky which sounds perfect for the already tanky Nidus but I hear it is underpowered and not very good. However Zenurik is just good on everything but it is only really used for the free energy. Which I do not feel Nidus needs much of since he can gain energy from taking damage and two of his abilities do not require energy at all.

What are your thoughts?

Edit:

I misworded my post, basically I am asking what school to use and if I should focus on getting a lens.

Lenses installed do not do anything to your warframe, you just pick one of 5 schools regardless of whatever lens is installed upon it or not.

Unless you enjoy going for a very long endurance missions with Nidus, focus gained from normal missions are very meager and is usually not worth installing.

For efficient focus farming only place them on frames that can efficiently farm focus through Stealth kill like Equinox, Loki, Banshee or frames that can be useful in ESO, like Saryn or Trinity.

You are misunderstanding how schools works. Lenses are to gain focus towards a specific school, then you need to unlock nodes in that school so they can be active. You can put lenses on realy anything that you can use (every weapon, every frame, even AMPs). Also the Uniaru passive gives like 50 of base armor and you can reflect some of the damage taken with that node. It's a school more focused in Operator combat, not warframe assiting.

20 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

You are misunderstanding how schools works. Lenses are to gain focus towards a specific school, then you need to unlock nodes in that school so they can be active.

Yup, I know about this. Misworded my post, basically what I am trying to say is that what school I should use for Nidus. 

Also if I should slot a lens into him but from what I understand from the other comments it is not worth it really.

20 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Also the Uniaru passive gives like 50 of base armor and you can reflect some of the damage taken with that node. It's a school more focused in Operator combat, not warframe assiting.

Ah I see, good to know.

1 minute ago, WH1735S0W said:

Also if I should slot a lens into him but from what I understand from thee other comments it is not worth it really.

That's because people thinks you only do ESO to powerfarm focus with Saryn or Equinox or some other fast nuker, but truth is that if you play regularly with something, putting a lens it's always something good because you passively earn a lot of focus by just playing the game. I finished all my focs trees with some Lua lenses on my AMP, used the Saryn ESO method to get the waybounds unlocked ASAP and then just passively because I can't stand playing as Saryn on ESO without falling asleep. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I use namaron with him, I like to use his deluxe skin set with Venka and Sahasa

Yea his deluxe skin is amazing. Although even without style, Namaron is not a bad idea to use on Nidus.

1 hour ago, WH1735S0W said:

Yea his deluxe skin is amazing. Although even without style, Namaron is not a bad idea to use on Nidus.

It looks so neat. I almost bought the deluxe skin pack for nidus yesterday. But is really expensive. I think it was 350p or even more!

It's really a personal preference ,

Zenurik brings so much utility,support and other bonuses that I rarely switch it.

The closest second I use are naramon , Madurai as they do have some interesting passives.

Vazarin can give decent support , but it is easily outclassed.

Unairu is too niche , I have never used it outside of eidolons (and I stopped that a very long time ago)

depends on whether you want to run him more as a tank or a caster.

with Zenurik, you'd have an easier time starting up your casts, and you could better supprot the team by providing them energy too. most people generally tend to still drop energy pizzas because the boost is instant, but Energizing Dash's build up is nice too.

with Unairu, you'd be uber tanky, but not have the benefits of Zenurik, which might make you less efficient in the long run if you're gonna use his 1 and 2 a lot. there are other easy way to get energy as Nidus though; he has no shields, passive regen and decent armor so mods like Rage and Hunter Adrenaline work wonders on him, and Arcane Energize exists too. I'm a Zenurik main but I've never heard of other schools having trouble feeding Nidus energy.

ultimately, all of the schools have their perks, but personally I find Zenurik the jack of all trades:  limitless casts of damage/heal/buff/cc abilities, depending on the frame, but it's not as good for dedicated damage as Madurai, or dedicated support like Vazarin etc. I suppose i'd say Zenurik needs you to choose your frame a bit more wisely if you want to dedicate to a particular role.

Archived