Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Needs A Sight Effect While Zoomed.

KriLL3

Currently zooming with the Vectis just moves the camera forward to next to your shoulder and has the same crosshair in the center of the screen, it needs something that makes it feel like you're looking through a scope imo, something like a slight warping at the edges as if the lenses aren't quite large enough to fill your field of view and perhaps some kind of subtle overlay to enhance the effect of looking into something which has it's own processing. (subtle enough and not near the center for obvious reasons, don't want to obscure what you're aiming at).

I know technically speaking the Tenno don't really have eyes or if they do they're not used directly, but the idea could simply be that the tenno while aiming down sights switches the visual feeds from the suit's sensors to a much higher resolution but narrower field sensor in the weapon for longer-range targeting.

Edited by KriLL3

If they did add something like this, which I don't want btw, it would have to be optional. Because I don't want it.

Mind sharing why you don't want it?

The Warframes have their own zoom, and that is why you don't really see a scope on the Victis. Where as on other sniper rifles there is a scope because they are made by other factions whom don't have such an ability.

It has a scope, look again, the hoops on the top with internal energy color shine are clearly optical devices, also the 2 energy color dots facing forwards under the barrel, and yes, again, read the second part of my original post, even if we don't actually like up and eye with a scope a similar effect for swapping vision to the weapon's sensors or plain zooming your own could have an effect that makes it looks less like the camera man behind your shoulder decided to take some steps forward.

Edited by KriLL3

I read your post.

I know there are 3rd person shooters that switch to first person when scoped, but Warframe doesn't.

That is what I think anyway. I gave you my thoughts on the matter like you asked, I am not going to write a huge 4 paragraph reply because it is late and I am tired.

I know there are 3rd person shooters that switch to first person when scoped, but Warframe doesn't.

Warframe didn't have a lot of things at first, doesn't mean it can't be added, it's not a reason not to, it's stating that it doesn't yet.

Tenno don't have need of optical sights. When they aim down, their Warframes automatically zoom the image in, the same way Predators do.

This is the reason why the Vectis, a Tenno-designed sniper rifle has no need for a scope.

I'd take a crosshair change when zoomed. Especially on bows, some sort if BDC reticule. Just my $.02.

Yeah and perhaps a subtle hint at being zoomed in like the edge of your field of view being a bit out of focus (if you have depth of field effects on). Main reason I'd like some reminder of being zoomed in is that it's disorienting after a while if you expect your vision to move as it normally does when moving, gives me a headache.

It has a scope, look again, the hoops on the top with internal energy color shine are clearly optical devices, also the 2 energy color dots facing forwards under the barrel...*snip*

Not sure how "clear" that is. I was also under this impression that they function as some sort of ironsights (since it has like what? 6 of them on top of the barrel)... buut unless its some unnecessarily complicated sci-fi stuff it's unlikely. Since you know, like half the friggin twirly decoration is in the line of the rings.

Aaanyway. If its optional i couldn't care less. However, if you'd still remember the old snipetron scope you probably wouldn't ask for it. Having the extra field of view is a godsend, and the transition from 3rd person to scope was possibly even more dissorienting.

I would actually like to see something like that, as long as it's subtle and doesn't obstruct what you're looking at. Those rings on top of the Vectis do look like some sort of sighting equipment that presumably links directly to the warframe, so having some effect that indicates that they're in use would be a nice bit of immersion.

Drawback?

Vectis has a lower zoom than the other sniper rifles, yes. That's the drawback for it having an above average critical rate and higher damage. 

That's not a drawback, but an advantage in this game.

Not really. Depends on your playstyle though. 

Personally I can aim fine with snipers.

Edited by HailCreation

Aiming and hitting are two different things. Even if you can see your target clearly when "scoped-in", that doesn't mean you can hit it.

I have better luck with a low zoom, hit-scan weapon. As a result, I would like to see a different reticule for high zoom weapons.

Bows and Lanka need a Bullet/Bolt-Drop-Compensator reticule(BDC).

Snipetron/Vandal and Vulkar need a better sighting system to be truly effective. Range to target and Mil-Dot reticule would be nice. Add Lanka to this list, as well.

I would actually like to see something like that, as long as it's subtle and doesn't obstruct what you're looking at. Those rings on top of the Vectis do look like some sort of sighting equipment that presumably links directly to the warframe, so having some effect that indicates that they're in use would be a nice bit of immersion.

Huzzah, someone gets what I'm saying.

I was thinking this yesterday ,I feel that as the Vectis zooms to such a level (probably the other sniper rifles to) that your Warframe disappears it feels slightly disorientating, some sort of slight darkening around the edges of the screen which doesn't cause to much of an interference with your peripheral vision.

It might also be nice to have some sort of visual that wasn't to obscuring which gave you a sense they the Tenno is using some sort of "enhanced optics" maybe with a small distance and angle to target feed just below the cross-hair. (Similar to the Sniper Rifle in Halo)  

But, definitely something, as other posters have said, which could be turned off if you don't want it on.