Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You love warframe but want a more "tactical" approach? Try this game

vanaukas

So I've seeing a sudden spike of people being vocal about wanting a mroe tacticla approach to warframe, probably based on the tennocon gameplay teaser for The New War.

Warframe will never go back to the old days, even if we play grounded on SOLO the game is going towards to quick gameplay for a lot of reasons (looks cool, it's efficient, etc).

So, I've been looking for a game that satifies that need of fantasy, power fantasy, cool weapons, cool aesthetics and a mroe tactical approach with multiplayers and solo options. I've tried again after a few years Remnant from the Ashes and this game it's amazing.

This game has polished the whole "souls like" concept, has a lot of replayability, it's kinda cheap considering so much content on it. The grind is amazingly done, coop is great, fully playable n solo, RNG doesn't force you to start all over your campaing progression since you can choose to do a single adventure and roll them to find what you need (or waht you are missing). End game is flawless, boss mechanics are great, enemy variety is good, character design is also good and also you have a ton of customization options,maybe the only downside is having armors tied to stats and passives so you can't have the look you want and also the build you want. Builds are very diverse, tons of weapons with multiple mehanics and sinergies... It's literally like a souls-like warframe imho. YOu cna't move that good, doesn't have the level of deatial for animations, but the game it's beautiful on its own merits.

I recommend it to everyone looking for something mroe challenging and also with replayability, and also being similar to warframe.

Descripción no disponible.

Pic related, it's the Void Armor on remnant (I #*!%ing love this armor)

4 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Looks interesting. Wallclimbing?

Nope, no fancy moveset, only run (tied to stamina), walking, crouching, roll dodge (tied to stamina) and a short sliding when you run and crouch. You also can customize your char between 2 sex and wear the clothes you want, but as I've said, clothes are tied to set effects and stats, sometimes it's better to havea full set (like me in the picture) but pros/vets uses a ton of combinations, since you also have 3 slots for accesories (1 for a neck accesory and 2 rings), which can boost your stats or give you cool effects like continue heal regen. Multiplayer is P2P like warframe, even more unstable than warframe but still enjoyable. Has "crossplay" between stores, so for example if you buy it on steam you can play with someone with an epic games account. You have a "mod" system wich functions like arcanes with multiple effects, 1 per ranged weapon and some special weapons has their own mods that you cannot take off. Some mods grants you invulnerability, others heals you, others are focused on dmg... Has a lot of options and replayability overall.

It's similar to old warframe: less enemies, sometimes you are surrounded by them, you can basically ignore them, deal with them tactically or rush killing everything, but without cool parkour and space setting. 

5 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Nope, no fancy moveset, only run (tied to stamina), walking, crouching, roll dodge (tied to stamina) and a short sliding when you run and crouch. You also can customize your char between 2 sex and wear the clothes you want, but as I've said, clothes are tied to set effects and stats, sometimes it's better to havea full set (like me in the picture) but pros/vets uses a ton of combinations, since you also have 3 slots for accesories (1 for a neck accesory and 2 rings), which can boost your stats or give you cool effects like continue heal regen. Multiplayer is P2P like warframe, even more unstable than warframe but still enjoyable. Has "crossplay" between stores, so for example if you buy it on steam you can play with someone with an epic games account. You have a "mod" system wich functions like arcanes with multiple effects, 1 per ranged weapon and some special weapons has their own mods that you cannot take off. Some mods grants you invulnerability, others heals you, others are focused on dmg... Has a lot of options and replayability overall.

It's similar to old warframe: less enemies, sometimes you are surrounded by them, you can basically ignore them, deal with them tactically or rush killing everything, but without cool parkour and space setting. 

Cool cool. I do enjoy Dark Souls, and this sounds like it's got options for interesting builds. Warframe hooked me with its movement system, so once that runs stale I might check this out 👍

Remnant was pretty janky on release. I understand it's improved quite a bit, but it had a lot of need of it. 

The next hurdle is the community in the game. I have heard very little about this, but there's one sure way to find out. 

I was keeping an eye on it, but it slipped off the radar at some point. Might have to look into it again. 

2 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Remnant was pretty janky on release. I understand it's improved quite a bit, but it had a lot of need of it. 

The next hurdle is the community in the game. I have heard very little about this, but there's one sure way to find out. 

I was keeping an eye on it, but it slipped off the radar at some point. Might have to look into it again. 

Yeah I played it some years ago and didn't liked that much, but now something just clicked on me while playing and fell in love lol

The problem is I love the action part of Warframe. Y'know with the bullet jumping, and the high speeds and stuff. Titanfall 2 is good, but it doesn't fit that same itch.

I want something that's got more to it than 'Press 4 to win' and less of the 'cheese or be cheesed' to it. Something that makes proper use of the movement system, melee combat and gunplay woven together.

Been a while since i been in here, but ill add my grain of salt:

Remnant has one major down: It is a game from Perfect World Entertainment, and given their history, any game that falls in their hands, is bound to meet imminent doom.

As for Warframe, for players like me, the game was, and still is (from the looks of it) fine as it is. I find Warframe to have still quite a lot of replayability and many things to do (contrary to what others think of what content should be, i do like to enjoy the little side task and other farm and grind stuff warframe has to offer)

What killed the game for me, and my interest in it, is the lack of a community sense. Most Clans ive been in, were toxic, required you to meet a certain criteria to join or to stay, etc, so i was pretty much forced to make my own solo clan, which alleviated many things, but still, not having anyone to play with was quite discouraging. But i still pressed on, only to meet the most toxic side of the community.

Hellbent on talking smack with 0 criticism, making the "No end game, no content" phrase as their banner, unnecesary drama brought upon those who wanted to just enjoy the game, by the so called Content Creators and Warframe Partners, and constantly treating the developers as machines made to comply with their never ending complains, masked as "I love this game and i want it to succeed"

I hop on here and there just to check stuff and have a bit of good gameplay, but with the community in its current state, i doubt many will find their first experience welcoming.

just my 2 cents.

It isn't a tactical combat game, but I was pretty pleased with Ghost Runner. Obviously it's an "oranges to apples" comparison. But it had a good feeling of similarity to Warframe.

I loved the feeling of parkour, ninja moves, aim gliding, and hooklining in first-person camera.

1 hour ago, Yakhul said:

Been a while since i been in here, but ill add my grain of salt:

Remnant has one major down: It is a game from Perfect World Entertainment, and given their history, any game that falls in their hands, is bound to meet imminent doom.

As for Warframe, for players like me, the game was, and still is (from the looks of it) fine as it is. I find Warframe to have still quite a lot of replayability and many things to do (contrary to what others think of what content should be, i do like to enjoy the little side task and other farm and grind stuff warframe has to offer)

What killed the game for me, and my interest in it, is the lack of a community sense. Most Clans ive been in, were toxic, required you to meet a certain criteria to join or to stay, etc, so i was pretty much forced to make my own solo clan, which alleviated many things, but still, not having anyone to play with was quite discouraging. But i still pressed on, only to meet the most toxic side of the community.

Hellbent on talking smack with 0 criticism, making the "No end game, no content" phrase as their banner, unnecesary drama brought upon those who wanted to just enjoy the game, by the so called Content Creators and Warframe Partners, and constantly treating the developers as machines made to comply with their never ending complains, masked as "I love this game and i want it to succeed"

I hop on here and there just to check stuff and have a bit of good gameplay, but with the community in its current state, i doubt many will find their first experience welcoming.

just my 2 cents.

IDK but Remnant is pretty much stable, finished already and I don't have any idea of the drama surrounding Perfect World or Gunfire Games 

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

It isn't a tactical combat game, but I was pretty pleased with Ghost Runner. Obviously it's an "oranges to apples" comparison. But it had a good feeling of similarity to Warframe.

I loved the feeling of parkour, ninja moves, aim gliding, and hooklining in first-person camera.

I really disliked the movement on Ghost Runner, felt like those Surf modes on Gmod, the character doesn't feel like it has weight. Titanfall 2 on the other hand, nails perfectly the feeling of gravity and a bofy with weight, and I want to make sure that I still think ghost runner it's a good game and the comparision with TF2 it's only on the parkour side.

Archived