Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Granum Void: Difficulty needs to go way down

Joezone619

Even with spam frames and energy pads, i can hardly reach ROT A rewards, not even coming close to the "kill 75" objective. If spam frames and energy pads can't get the job done, this thing needs to be seriously rebalanced fast.

The player should not be locked to a specific set of gear in order to prevail in an optional gamemode. The xoris should not lock the player out of all their other melee weapons, and the player should not have to resort to spamming abilities + energy restores just to make up for not having it equip.

3 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

tha easy... only use glave an explode one time and another time. With xoris it's ridicululous easy...

this is the problem, i don't like throwing melee, so i won't use the xoris, it needs to be made much less focused on the xoris.

3 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

That it's ur problem not a problem of balance. 

Sure it is, I can't use any of my other melee weapons for the entire mission if I want to actually be able to play the granum void which lasts about minute, sounds like a pretty big problem to me.

It really does depend on the Warframe you use, there's always one or two that will do well.

I would guess you're trying to farm specific Elements on the Sisters, so allow me to go down the list and suggest some frames that can do well:

Impact: Not a great element, but a good Ephemera, try Baruuk with a build for his 4, it should charge quickly and hit hard. If not him, then Sevagoth has Gloom to slow down the Specters there and kill them easily.

Heat: Chroma can survive and boost weapon damage to one-shot territory, and Wisp can both survive and boost damage with her 3.

Cold: Try Titania, her Dex Pixia will easily take you to the A rotation when modded right.

Electricity: Nova is your friend here, Slow with her 4 and double damage will see you through handily.

Toxin: Ivara and Khora have abilities that will deal out huge amounts of damage, as long as you can stay alive with them, and Nidus can do well too.

Magnetic: Obviously Mesa. But you can charge up Harrow really easily from his 4 so he kills pretty well too.

Radiation: Easy mode. Take Octavia, go invisible and put down 1 and 4 (not 2, that moves around too much). You will hit 75 almost every time.

And if you're not farming Ephemeras, or specific elements for your Sisters of Parvos, then just Octavia it. It's so easy you won't even recognise yourself.

3 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It really does depend on the Warframe you use, there's always one or two that will do well.

I would guess you're trying to farm specific Elements on the Sisters, so allow me to go down the list and suggest some frames that can do well:

Impact: Not a great element, but a good Ephemera, try Baruuk with a build for his 4, it should charge quickly and hit hard. If not him, then Sevagoth has Gloom to slow down the Specters there and kill them easily.

Heat: Chroma can survive and boost weapon damage to one-shot territory, and Wisp can both survive and boost damage with her 3.

Cold: Try Titania, her Dex Pixia will easily take you to the A rotation when modded right.

Electricity: Nova is your friend here, Slow with her 4 and double damage will see you through handily.

Toxin: Ivara and Khora have abilities that will deal out huge amounts of damage, as long as you can stay alive with them, and Nidus can do well too.

Magnetic: Obviously Mesa. But you can charge up Harrow really easily from his 4 so he kills pretty well too.

Radiation: Easy mode. Take Octavia, go invisible and put down 1 and 4 (not 2, that moves around too much). You will hit 75 almost every time.

And if you're not farming Ephemeras, or specific elements for your Sisters of Parvos, then just Octavia it. It's so easy you won't even recognise yourself.

this is good to know thanks, but i still think there is a glaring problem... the fact that only these few frames can pull it off, my problem with granum void is that only a very few set of gear will actually be able to pull it off.

There's like... an entire quest throwing at your face how to do those... And yet, you're saying its a "balance problem" when you literally have the tool for it because, well... that's what tools are for... That throwing glaive's purpose is literally its whole interaction with Granum Void...

I've heard it being called many things, but in no way in hell are people going to buy "balance problem" as a justification when you've clearly stated that you don't use it because you hate it...

... Its like a carpenter having a hammer to hit the nails, but refuses to do it because he hates hammering, and then start complaining that its a social problem when all other carpenters are using hammers and they will just take his livelihood away...

Just now, Joezone619 said:

this is good to know thanks, but i still think there is a glaring problem... the fact that only these few frames can pull it off

Actually, that's not a problem. That's basic game design.

The warframes are not supposed to all be good at the same thing. That would negate any reason to have multiple warframes beyond making aesthetics.

I would take lots of other frames, outside of these, to other missions. These frames are just the specific picks that are better options than the others in a limited field.

If I tried to take a Loki, for example, he wouldn't do so well. And yet he has incredible survivability in other missions (such as Survival), can trivialise modes like Defense by making all enemies melee and charge a defense pod were they can be slaughtered, and invisibility is the de-facto tool for any missions that function better by not setting off alarms.

You'll note that, while Saryn is one of the currently-considered overpowered frames of the game, I did not include her in that list of frames to try. That's because her really powerful damage needs to scale up, and the Granum specters don't let her do that (what with constant respawning and negating the spread). And yet, if you take her to nearly anything else, and specifically modes like Steel Path with the heavy spawn rate... she's a goddess.

Warframes are not made equal, they all have power (apart from Yareli), but because of the differences in how they use it, some frames will always have greater power than others in different situations.

Unfortunately without the Xoris, you'll have one less way to increase the amount of time you're working with. Freeing the Solaris as the timer dips down really helps in that regard.

• Perhaps if there was another weapon that could be created with similar properties to the Xoris (Maybe a new weapon for Protea someday, but it's unlikely to happen), it could help that issue, as far as that goes.

Although regarding the Kill 75 objective, that should be reaching Rot. C rewards, unless you're not going in Solo. Not to go off-topic too much.

Some improvements I'd like to see for the GV someday that may help are;

• Either increasing the visibility of those small golden triangles from the Specters, or giving each one a waypoint just like for Void reactant.

• Slightly increasing the amount of time restored per triangle.

• Making sure each individual Specter drops a triangle, if they don't already.

• It's been awhile since I last did a run in the Granum Void to be fair (Farmed a second Protea just before Orphix Venom, & got everything else from GV so I hadn't gone back since), so I'm unsure if that's the case or not.

Just some food for thought.

23 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

this is the problem, i don't like throwing melee, so i won't use the xoris, it needs to be made much less focused on the xoris.

Rebind the keys.  I hated thrown melee and heavy melee until I moved them off of middle click, which I've always found clunky, no matter the mouse.  I use Z now, and I love it.

Also, I will admit not immediately clicking with the xoris.  But now it's second nature.  I effortlessly cleared 75 specters solo with a Hydroid (Prime) of all things this morning (wanted that sick Solena).  If you stay bouncing and heavy throwing/exploding, the specters barely get a chance to touch you.

4 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

As much as all of us do not and will not like certain warframes/abilities/weapons, some missions simply need them to pass easier. it's "approved cheese". Please try some of them for missions that need these cheese to work. We should be glad the game still have these fun elements allowing us to cheese and not banned.  
PS are you using Xoris's heavy attack correctly? Either I didn't understand the mechanics or forgot about it, I couldn't pass that Quest either until I figured out how to do it with help of friends' advice. Give it a try. 

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Still, making the specters completely status and ability immune extremely limits build diversity. At the very least, make the specters vulnerable to status and apply boss enemy ability resistance.

I do not like doing one content restricted to only one weapon that trivializes the gamemode while with other setups it's almost impossible to do.

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Still, making the specters completely status and ability immune extremely limits build diversity. At the very least, make the specters vulnerable to status and apply boss enemy ability resistance.

I do not like doing one content restricted to only one weapon that trivializes the gamemode while with other setups it's almost impossible to do.

Wait, they're completely immune to abilities?

When was that change implemented? I can't seem to find any notes on it.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Wait, they're completely immune to abilities?

When was that change implemented? I can't seem to find any notes on it.

Well not completely. I should re-phrase that. They are immune to almost all abilities except abilities that apply damage, for example peacemaker. They are immune to any form of crowd control and debuff abilities.

5 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Even with spam frames and energy pads, i can hardly reach ROT A rewards, not even coming close to the "kill 75" objective. If spam frames and energy pads can't get the job done, this thing needs to be seriously rebalanced fast.

The player should not be locked to a specific set of gear in order to prevail in an optional gamemode. The xoris should not lock the player out of all their other melee weapons, and the player should not have to resort to spamming abilities + energy restores just to make up for not having it equip.

Granum void rot C is just cheese and nothing ever will change, because DE created xoris, their own cheese which doesn't care about any other slot of your loadout.

Xoris will oneshot specters, that's its whole gig. Literally one of the easiest weapons to use (just Hold E in general direction) and is practically handed to you for free, not only that, but it has no Combo decay, making it (if not one of) the most powerful glaive(s) in the game. 

Assuming you're farming for Protea, Xoris makes the chore a breeze, though you can use Mesa and her 4, Saryn and her 1 etc.

Assuming you're farming for Sisters: You only need 25 kills, not 75. Literally any weapon that can kill a Lvl 30 mob can easily clear it, Xoris is not a requirement but just makes things infinitely easier.

Only way I can see it being a downside is if you sold it and had to go get it from Simaris, because selling quest items is allowed because previous people sold theirs or something, idk how that works.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Well not completely. I should re-phrase that. They are immune to almost all abilities except abilities that apply damage, for example peacemaker. They are immune to any form of crowd control and debuff abilities.

Ah, that makes sense.

There is one bright side to that then, possibly; A strong enough Helminth ability that deals damage could help a Frame struggling without the Xoris, in theory. I can't think of such a scenario off the top of my head though (Which Subsumed ability works best for GV, and what Frames struggle without the Xoris).

Wow, i cant beleive people are whining about this. If you cant do thede kind of easy grind, which literally takes 1-2 minute (if you dont have mesa, revenant, protea, volt) i doubt if u can progress much in this game...smh

Edit: explosive weapons works well, trumna, bramma works beautifully in my experience. 

Don't like carrying Xoris but it's a solid solution for any warframe. Why don't DE just use Parazon as the quest weapon instead because DE shoved it into our throats repeatedly these days anyway? Xoris sucks serious @ss as a weapon, essentially you have only 2 weapons when you are outside of Granum Void.

If you are just farming GV for Protea or don't care about Tenet weapon element you can use Mirage because her Prism melts the specters, even faster than Mesa and Ember. Don't even need Xoris.

Still, I really don't like the design of Specters because they constantly try to escape your melee range and they swarm and melt you in high level.

I have to disagree with OP. There are enough ways to make Granum void doable solo. I am not going to assume everyone has the same amount of gear as I do and call it easy. But definitly doable if you put some time into farming the stuff you need.

OP, like it or not have you ever tired t use a heavy attack setup on a Xoris?

You literally cant #*!% up the granum void using it, and no one has to pander to your demands when already convenient solutions exists.

Edit: You can also use Specters and the Call-In (if you hired one) gear items to do your job for you.

Archived