Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RJ Turrets ??

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Question

13 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Personally I use Lavan and crew members melt everything with ease.

I read this and scratched my head because when Railjack first came out the Lavan weapons were junk (at least I was sure they were). Then I went and had a look at the wiki... have I been interpreting the stats wrong or did DE bump the damage on the Lavan variants at some point?

3 minutes ago, (PSN)crashteddy03 said:

I read this and scratched my head because when Railjack first came out the Lavan weapons were junk (at least I was sure they were). Then I went and had a look at the wiki... have I been interpreting the stats wrong or did DE bump the damage on the Lavan variants at some point?

Pretty sure they got bumped. They're definitely a solid middle ground between Vidar's sustained, and Zekti's Burst.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Lavan are weak but have like the best heat build up.   Depending on weapon that can be good since locking onto targets increases the heat build up of shots.  

I've been using Lavan on my guns for awhile and prefer them greatly over the vidar/zekti alternatives. 

I'm also inclined to use Lavan because I snagged a crew member that deals +50% damage with them. They fire the Lavan guns pretty much constantly and delete enemies really fast regardless of faction.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)crashteddy03 said:

I'm mostly of the mindset that all of the guns are pretty decent and it mostly comes down to personal preference.

Think about it this way;

While the player is using them, Zetki are probably the best. Why? Because at higher ranks of Gunnery we get the equivalent of a forced reload, dumping the heat in 0.5 seconds. So the overheat of Zetki weapons can be negated by our own game play and lets us power down targets quickly and reload between targets.

Before you have that rank, though, while you're still building up your Intrinsics, use Vidar because they overheat slower at the cost of slightly lower damage, but put out equivalent damage to the Zetki over time because of that longer firing time.

If you want to give them to your crew and go at things solo for a while, then put Vidar on your Side Turrets. These will overheat slower, and so have a much better duration of fire for your crew, who have some rather uncanny aim if they have high Gunnery stats. That auto-aim they have can serve you very well with the right weapons and enough time for them to fire them.

with the new Gunner 9, Lavan and Vidar are basically obsolete. Zetki generally has higher supporting Stats, as well as the higher Rate of Fire, with an innate Damage Bonus. the only downside is Heat, but Heat doesn't matter anymore.

for AI Gunners, it's more about how well they can aim with a particular Weapon than anything else.

22 minutes ago, taiiat said:

with the new Gunner 9, Lavan and Vidar are basically obsolete. Zetki generally has higher supporting Stats, as well as the higher Rate of Fire, with an innate Damage Bonus. the only downside is Heat, but Heat doesn't matter anymore.

for AI Gunners, it's more about how well they can aim with a particular Weapon than anything else.

AI gunners do have issues with heat accrual though. This is where lavan has come out on top for me. Your gunners end up with very little downtime while using lavan but they also are able to melt enemies at nearly the same speed as the other house weapons. 

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

AI gunners do have issues with heat accrual though. This is where lavan has come out on top for me. Your gunners end up with very little downtime while using lavan but they also are able to melt enemies at nearly the same speed as the other house weapons. 

for some Weapons, i'm sure. but it's more important that you pick a Weapon that the AI is competent with, that's the biggest bottleneck to cover first.
my Gunner Slots have Zekti Carcinnox on them currently, the AI handles that fairly well. i had Vidar Pulsar before, but when they nerfed the Crit Mods i was having mixed feeling about that average Damage per Shot.
i maybe probably would've gone with Zetki Pulsar if i hadn't also been looking to have something with Toxin Damage while i moved my nose gun away from Carcinnox.

with Carcinnox atleast, they already burst fire the Weapon anyways, so i'm not sure that they actually overheat at all. kinda works out nicely, that. with Pulsar they might, they seemed to go more spam on that (ironically, vs Carcinnox the spam cannon), but that also removes Enemies in few Shots so the effect on the Enemies even if they did overheat, wouldn't be a big deal i don't think.

some other Weapons that i don't use though, i could see some of them having Heat problems with AI.

26 minutes ago, taiiat said:

for some Weapons, i'm sure. but it's more important that you pick a Weapon that the AI is competent with, that's the biggest bottleneck to cover first.
my Gunner Slots have Zekti Carcinnox on them currently, the AI handles that fairly well. i had Vidar Pulsar before, but when they nerfed the Crit Mods i was having mixed feeling about that average Damage per Shot.
i maybe probably would've gone with Zetki Pulsar if i hadn't also been looking to have something with Toxin Damage while i moved my nose gun away from Carcinnox.

with Carcinnox atleast, they already burst fire the Weapon anyways, so i'm not sure that they actually overheat at all. kinda works out nicely, that. with Pulsar they might, they seemed to go more spam on that (ironically, vs Carcinnox the spam cannon), but that also removes Enemies in few Shots so the effect on the Enemies even if they did overheat, wouldn't be a big deal i don't think.

some other Weapons that i don't use though, i could see some of them having Heat problems with AI.

What I like about the railjack guns is that people seem pretty split on what they enjoy. Personally I'm not a fan of Carcinnox but that's just me. The Pulsar is amazing as a gunner AI weapon because the crew are aimbots and Pulsar has a max range of 6000m. They are rapid-fire snipe machines with this thing.

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

What I like about the railjack guns is that people seem pretty split on what they enjoy. Personally I'm not a fan of Carcinnox but that's just me. The Pulsar is amazing as a gunner AI weapon because the crew are aimbots and Pulsar has a max range of 6000m. They are rapid-fire snipe machines with this thing.

:)
Glazio is almost good, and i'm keeping it anyways for the feel, but it really needs more Range, more consistent Crits, and should probably bypass Shield Gating.
the Description talks about severe Damage to Weakpoints and what the hey, give it an extra Damage Bonus to Weakpoints while you're at it.
(exploding on impact would be fun, but not actually necessary. though exploding would be a bandaid against Shield Gating, so you could do that and then it wouldn't need some special Flag to bypass it)

the feel of it is good, though. it's just underpowered.

and yeah AI are pretty good with Pulsar.
what's cool about Carcinnox is treating it like a Rotary Cannon on an attack Fighter - Accuracy by volume. and just enjoying the cloud of bullets. it'd work even better if the Fire Rate was higher... Zetki is not bad but it could be higher.

I can agree with pulsars for side turrets in terms of AI crew and range.  (not so much other players)

But I've also noticed pulsar and vort suck as pilot turret because they cant punch through corpus crewship shields like nearly all other guns can (without waveform mod).  

============

I wasnt thinking of AI crew at all when I made this but now you guys have made me want an Elite Gunner who gets extra damage with Lavan lol.  

My current guy has bonus Zekti damage.  I pair with Talyn and he kills stuff faster than I can turn ship to see where they are at lol.  

But Im trying to get a Gunner/Pilot combo elite guy,  hopefuly with house damage bonus.   Saw one today but he was also Combat with no endurance lol. 

Archived