Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you keep using your max rank warframe when still beginner?

(PSN)tigagelas

Question

Hello, I'm new here :)

I want to ask what is your strategy when you still new on this game?

Do you keep using your max rank warframe (even there's another frame to rank up for to gain mastery rank)?

I want increase mastery rank, but mission will be much easier when using my max rank warframe. Maybe you can your strategy when still beginner?

Thank you

In my opinion you should keep your frames. At least some of them.

There are few things to consider:

- slots: as fair I remember you have 2 frame slots (+1 starter frame) plus you have 50 plat (and that's another 2). When you are starting it's hard to get slots. I used to sell a lot of weapons/frames because I haven't knew how to trade. You can earn PLATINUM via trading some stuffs (e.g. prime parts) with other players. It probably require higher MR (3?) to be able to trade. For example you can trade, more or less, ANY 6 prime parts for 5 platinum. If you get nice prime part you can sell it for more.

- how easy is to acquire given frame. Some frames are easy to acquire (with enough power of course) but some are harder. For example frame Octavia requires 20 minute mission to have a chance to acquire 1 part, so I wouldn't sell her. On other hand frame Mag just require to beat some guy few times, so you can easily sell her.

- where will you use given frame. There some different mission types so it's nice to have different frames. For example Frost might be good for defending something (missions: Defense or Mobile defense) and Limbo might be good for spies (it can avoid lasers and other stuffs making spies much easier).

Just now, Leqesai said:

It doesn't necessarily have to be nodes that you'v unlocked. The key thing is playing a node with infinite-spawning enemies. Personally I love survival nodes. Dark Sector survival nodes against the infested work really well (they're pretty easy to kill compared to Grineer and Corpus). 

If you have sanctuary onslaught available then it is the best way to level new gear, for sure.

I see. Thank you for the insight!

2 minutes ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

Good point. So you do that (level up new frames and weapon) in the already opened node or Sanctuary as you said before?

It doesn't necessarily have to be nodes that you'v unlocked. The key thing is playing a node with infinite-spawning enemies. Personally I love survival nodes. Dark Sector survival nodes against the infested work really well (they're pretty easy to kill compared to Grineer and Corpus). 

If you have sanctuary onslaught available then it is the best way to level new gear, for sure.

Just now, Leqesai said:

You're not going to know enough about various loadouts until you max/level new frames though, my dude. That's why I'd level new frames as soon as I could, to see if their gameplay is more interesting/useful than what I'd started with. 

Good point. So you do that (level up new frames and weapon) in the already opened node or Sanctuary as you said before?

4 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

There is not much point in multitasking that way when you are a beginner. Just play the loadout you like to play with when clearing starchart and save ranking up mastery for one of the more efficient nodes like Hydron.

Thank you for the answer. Maybe I will try using my fav loadout to unlocking nodes after this.

4 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

There is not much point in multitasking that way when you are a beginner. Just play the loadout you like to play with when clearing starchart and save ranking up mastery for one of the more efficient nodes like Hydron.

You're not going to know enough about various loadouts until you max/level new frames though, my dude. That's why I'd level new frames as soon as I could, to see if their gameplay is more interesting/useful than what I'd started with. 

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

After you get to max rank with a warframe/weapon/companion you have the option of adding forma to it which will make the modding potential better. 

If I were a new player I would play/max each frame as I obtained them, using the ones I like to clear/farm. 

When going for mastery rank it is better to join squads in defense/survival missions who're all working on leveling their gear. Unranked frames are not ideal for clearing new content for the reason you mentioned.

Basically, use high level frames to clear nodes. Play already cleared nodes (survival is my personal favorite) to level gear. Once you unlock Sanctuary Onslaught this can be used to level warframes/gear much more efficiently.

Thank you for the answer. Yes. I'm still build the first forma in foundry now and still learning how to use it properly. Where's the Sanctuary Onslaught exactly?

After you get to max rank with a warframe/weapon/companion you have the option of adding forma to it which will make the modding potential better. 

If I were a new player I would play/max each frame as I obtained them, using the ones I like to clear/farm. 

When going for mastery rank it is better to join squads in defense/survival missions who're all working on leveling their gear. Unranked frames are not ideal for clearing new content for the reason you mentioned.

Basically, use high level frames to clear nodes. Play already cleared nodes (survival is my personal favorite) to level gear. Once you unlock Sanctuary Onslaught this can be used to level warframes/gear much more efficiently.

Archived