Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easiest (not fastest?) way for new players to scrape up ~100P?

hairlessOrphan

Question

I'm not looking to get rich or die trying, I just want to unlock a couple more frame and weapon slots, so I can try stuff out and enjoy the starchart journey.

My understanding is I can farm up relics, crack them open for Prime parts, and then sell them to people who want ducats? So my questions are:

1. Do people buy the 15 ducat Prime parts, or only the 45+ ones?

2. Is there some unspoken rule about how / where / when etc... I can do this?

3. Do I need to be in a clan to do this? I have no idea where to even find players who want to buy Prime junk.

4. Is there an easier way to do this (at very low MR's and only halfway through the story quests)?

14 answers to this question

People buy all kinds of prime parts at different prices. You can also just sell the relics themselves (Lith, Meso, Neo usually go for 1p, Axi for 2p). You can also visit Baro at a relay every other week (if you have access to the planet relay's on) and use ducats to buy stuff and re-sell it for plat later.

For junk / relic trading you can just use trade chat, trading itself is easier with a clan dojo with a trading station, but you can also set up shop at Maroo's Bazaar on Mars, no need for a clan there. People can also invite you to their dojo, so no need for your own.

For relic farming I recommend Hepit Void for Lith and Ukko Void for Meso / Neo. Those are captures you can complete in ~1 min.

3 hours ago, Infirito said:

For relic farming I recommend Hepit Void for Lith and Ukko Void for Meso / Neo. Those are captures you can complete in ~1 min.

Oh, these are nice. Thank you! Takes me ~2 minutes, because MR5, but this is fun. Just gotta crack 'em, now.

considering that you're mr5, imma suggest to not worry about trading (yet) and just try to enjoy the game as is.
next week we're going to get news about the new nightwave season. nw is a great place to get some free slot.

you can start playing the warframe pokemon gotta catch them all game later when you have access to steadier platinum income. because i'm just gonna be real here, 100p is nothing when it comes to slots. to waste your time working for platinums so you can play the game, instead of just play the game, is pretty ironic.

anyway, to answer your questions:
1. Do people buy the 15 ducat Prime parts, or only the 45+ ones? there are buyers for everything. but last time i checked the 45+ ones sells better
2. Is there some unspoken rule about how / where / when etc... I can do this? no, just don't be a $&*^ when trading. with that said, you'll encounter a lot of $&*^s. just be the bigger man when you do
3. Do I need to be in a clan to do this? I have no idea where to even find players who want to buy Prime junk. you can trade at maroo's bazaar, but the credit tax is higher, so joining a clan is more recommended. as for finding buyers, you can start at the trade chat, just look for "WTB" messages. mind you the trade chat is a jungle, so take your time, try to find good prices, don't rush.
4. Is there an easier way to do this (at very low MR's and only halfway through the story quests)? nope. the only thing we can do is bring faster frames with better builds and do the missions faster. again, i personally suggest to just finish story quests first before worrying about trading. some quest actually gives you new frame and weapons with their own free slots.

trading becomes much much much easier when you have better knowledge about the game in general. i 100% encourage if you can choose to do it later than sooner.

The 2 easiest ways are to increase your syndicate atanding and sell desirable syndicate mods like the ones that increase resources gained for Nekros, Hydroid, Khora etc and to do Orokin Vault runs for corrupted mods. This will create a daily trickle of plat for you after you put in the initial effort of getting it started.

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

syndicate

Mind, you can only start with those at MR3, and it'll take a good bit,
time / resources / luck wise, to get all the way up to max rank in the first place.

Not saying it's not a viable source of Plat, just that it's not quite as (feasible to do) early as other options.

6 hours ago, Soy77 said:

considering that you're mr5, imma suggest to not worry about trading (yet) and just try to enjoy the game as is.
next week we're going to get news about the new nightwave season. nw is a great place to get some free slot.

you can start playing the warframe pokemon gotta catch them all game later when you have access to steadier platinum income. because i'm just gonna be real here, 100p is nothing when it comes to slots. to waste your time working for platinums so you can play the game, instead of just play the game, is pretty ironic.

I appreciate the advice (honestly. No sarcasm). The problem is... I don't like the story missions. I'll do them because I have to, but it's a chore. I didn't boot up Warframe because I craved a deep narrative experience, you know? I'm here for the farming. I was like: "I need some farming in my life," and then I was like, "oh yeah. Warframe!"

Anyway, I will get through the quests and starchart. I just need something to break up that experience.

EDIT: Also, apparently some progression requirements include building weapons? I can't, I don't have any more slots. GG.

4 hours ago, hairlessOrphan said:

I appreciate the advice (honestly. No sarcasm). The problem is... I don't like the story missions. I'll do them because I have to, but it's a chore. I didn't boot up Warframe because I craved a deep narrative experience, you know? I'm here for the farming. I was like: "I need some farming in my life," and then I was like, "oh yeah. Warframe!"

Anyway, I will get through the quests and starchart. I just need something to break up that experience.

EDIT: Also, apparently some progression requirements include building weapons? I can't, I don't have any more slots. GG.

hey no problem buddy, me neither. 
you see me around here i'll be the first in line to laugh at people who play warframe for the story. last time i checked warframe have probably two good story quests that took years to made, and they haven't followed it up either.

i could be wrong but i don't remember warframe being that #$&(%. if any story require you to own a weapon, they will give you the slot. iirc nothing is blocked by paywall in warframe.

anyway what i was trying to say is "trading becomes much much much easier when you have good knowledge about the game in general".
for instance, i totally forgot about it, but you can absolutely do what this guy said:

9 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

The 2 easiest ways are to increase your syndicate atanding and sell desirable syndicate mods like the ones that increase resources gained for Nekros, Hydroid, Khora etc and to do Orokin Vault runs for corrupted mods. This will create a daily trickle of plat for you after you put in the initial effort of getting it started.

it's easier, quicker, and pays better than selling prime junks for spare changes.
but of course, to do it you must at least acquire basic knowledge about augment mods, do syndicate standings farming, make an account on warframemarket, etc.
which are common knowledge for any intermediate warframe players. everybody know this.

you want to farm? cool beans. what i'm saying is it doesn't have to be plats.
you can farm for standings, you can farm for corrupted mods, rare mods, floofs, kdrives, mechs, rj turrets, warframe never run out of stuff for us to farm.
plats will inevitably come, and it will come much easier when you already know about many kind of farms in this game.

but of course it's just a suggestion. at the end of the day you use that information to do whatever the heck makes you happy. that's why we play videogames.

3 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

but of course, to do it you must at least acquire basic knowledge about augment mods, do syndicate standings farming, make an account on warframemarket, etc.
which are common knowledge for any intermediate warframe players. everybody know this.

I hear you. I'll do all those things too, eventually. I'd just like to find ways to enjoy the road to all those things. Or to put it another way: what can a new player do to have a reasonable amount of fun now, instead of not having fun until 40+ or 60+ or 120+ hours in?

I get that all the fun will be easier, and faster, and cheaper, later. Looking forward to that. As long as there is also some fun along the way.

6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Mind, you can only start with those at MR3, and it'll take a good bit,
time / resources / luck wise, to get all the way up to max rank in the first place.

Not saying it's not a viable source of Plat, just that it's not quite as (feasible to do) early as other options.

Very true

Not sure about you, OP, but I didn't realize I could sell equipment to clear up inventory space. I thought I had to keep buying slots.

After awhile I did spring for some plat in the market. I was having a hard time selling items for plat in-game. Just like any economy, supply and demand in the new-at-the-time Switch game meant that we all had parts but were competing for plat. Think about the average age of the Switch gamer versus the other consoles and PC. We're talking more kids with less $$$ for plat and also a shorter average total playtime since this is the newest release of WF. It's a younger economy by every definition. It drives plat prices for "prime junk" into the dirt. It will be interesting to see how cross-play and cross-save impact this. 

Right now, you can hit the Nightwave Intermission for two weapon slots at level 3. There's a warframe slot in there too. Also they were running a sale on plat. 

anything you do though warframe market isn't easy usually its people in missions that promise they will come meet you right after they finish and never do.

my suggestion is look at the prices on warframe market for stuff you have, undercut the market price and yell on trade chat what you are selling it for.

Archived