does Warframe still work with Lutris on Linux in 2021?

Dr.Stug

Hey all so Recently I've been thinking of switching back to Linux but I don't know if the game will run on Linux Using Lutris anymore (I know it did till 2018 considering that I've played the game on linux  till that year sadly I was forced to switch to MS Windows for work related reasons).

would be nice if it still works if not then Imma stay to win 10 til EOL 2025 (EOL= End Of Life) and then switch back to Linux 

ty for reading 

Yours sincerely 
Destributor

... Lutris is old. Proton's the new Lutris... And yes, it works...

... It works even better if you actually compile your own Wine version, by increasing your Wine profile's flexibility to pretty much every WinOS you want...

The question you should be asking is... How are you going to remove every trace of Microsoft from your computer, since it even contaminated your BIOS?

If you don't clear it all up, like you would clean up a Virus, it will stop you from installing pretty much any Linux distro.

19 minutes ago, Destributor said:

Hey all so Recently I've been thinking of switching back to Linux but I don't know if the game will run on Linux Using Lutris anymore (I know it did till 2018 considering that I've played the game on linux  till that year sadly I was forced to switch to MS Windows for work related reasons).

would be nice if it still works if not then Imma stay to win 10 til EOL 2025 (EOL= End Of Life) and then switch back to Linux 

ty for reading 

Yours sincerely 
Destributor

Maybe by 2025 Warframe will be basically done. As long you decide not to pick up on these new vampiric money sucking/time sucking modern games being developed, you should be able to fully switch to Linux by 2025 without any worry.

Remember that time when Windows 10 was the last version of Windows and we were just going to use Windows 10 forever?

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

Maybe by 2025 Warframe will be basically done. As long you decide not to pick up on these new vampiric money sucking/time sucking modern games being developed, you should be able to fully switch to Linux by 2025 without any worry.

Remember that time when Windows 10 was the last version of Windows and we were just going to use Windows 10 forever?

so true but the only reasson win 11 exists is cause the new management is as gready as EA let's agree to not get into a what do you hate about EA's gready Monopolistic narcicistic (studio dependend) and scammy practices yeah

22 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Lutris is old. Proton's the new Lutris... And yes, it works...

... It works even better if you actually compile your own Wine version, by increasing your Wine profile's flexibility to pretty much every WinOS you want...

The question you should be asking is... How are you going to remove every trace of Microsoft from your computer, since it even contaminated your BIOS?

If you don't clear it all up, like you would clean up a Virus, it will stop you from installing pretty much any Linux distro.

worry not I have Arch already installed on a seperate SSD (it's powered but the data cable ain't connected) so I'll just switch the ssd's 

1 hour ago, Destributor said:

worry not I have Arch already installed on a seperate SSD (it's powered but the data cable ain't connected) so I'll just switch the ssd's

Nice, but unless you have all that "Secure boot" crap disabled and removed from your BIOS, it may still not work.

Don't forget that Microsoft's placed its "anti-piracy protection" there and not in the HDD/SSD that its OS is installed into. And if you didn't disable the "Secure Boot" service in your WinOS installation, this specific option in the BIOS (and its associated "security" keys that are only there to stop any non-WinOS to be installed and/or used) will be hidden from sight.

You may need to navigate a full pile of menus just to reach that specific option that Microsoft wants no one to know about its existence and went to great lengths into burying it into that pile...

6 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Nice, but unless you have all that "Secure boot" crap disabled and removed from your BIOS, it may still not work.

Don't forget that Microsoft's placed its "anti-piracy protection" there and not in the HDD/SSD that its OS is installed into. And if you didn't disable the "Secure Boot" service in your WinOS installation, this specific option in the BIOS (and its associated "security" keys that are only there to stop any non-WinOS to be installed and/or used) will be hidden from sight.

You may need to navigate a full pile of menus just to reach that specific option that Microsoft wants no one to know about its existence and went to great lengths into burying it into that pile...

I don't run a secure boot option on boot the option itself is disabled and I'm running a Debloated Version of win10 (debloating disables any non essential telemetry features that includes the sertrain option in win you're talking about considering that that thing has a huge impact in Overclocking scores ( Negatively) so that ain't a problem Prophet (my PC) has run Linux before I disable SB (SecureBoot) on any motherboard I buy from the x87 erra till now with the current motherboard an x299 dark from EVGA 

On 2021-07-23 at 2:51 AM, Uhkretor said:

... Lutris is old. Proton's the new Lutris...

What? No. Lutris and Proton are not even the same kind of thing. Proton is a compatibility layer, Lutris is a platform that allows you to install pretty any game, that is, stuff from other launchers like Battle.net, Bethesda.net, Origin, EGS etc. and games that don't come with any launchers at all. Lutris comes with it's own version of Wine, but it can use any other version as well, that includes Proton.

Am 23.7.2021 um 04:44 schrieb Uhkretor:

Don't forget that Microsoft's placed its "anti-piracy protection" there

Secure Boot is an anti-malware thing, not an anti-piracy thing. Depending on your distro, you don't even have to disable it because several major distros now provide signed kernel images. Because it's an anti-malware thing, not an anti-piracy thing.

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

Secure Boot is an anti-malware thing, not an anti-piracy thing. Depending on your distro, you don't even have to disable it because several major distros now provide signed kernel images. Because it's an anti-malware thing, not an anti-piracy thing.

... No.

What you said is pretty much the same as Starforce being an anti-malware thing. Or SecuROM being an anti-malware thing. Or an Online Validation of a bought game being an anti-malware thing.

... Secure Boot is a bundle of 3-factor validation keys, both stored in a computer BIOS and in the Microsoft's database, used by Microsoft to block any unwanted Operative System that does not carry a matching validation key, supplied by Microsoft to said company, in order for said company to have its Operative System installed by the user him/herself or otherwise.

This 3-factor validation key is validated both on the User computer and, as soon as an Internet connection is available, Microsoft. Until said validation is completed, Secure Boot will simply lock the Operative System from functioning and will forcibly execute its Microsoft Operative System, whether the alternative Operative System is to-be installed or already pre-installed.

According to Microsoft, any Operative System that is not validated by this 3-factor key validation system is a potential piracy attempt towards their Operative System.

... Sometimes, I crap out stupid ideas... Just sometimes... But this time, however, I am well informed of what Secure Boot is... That's why my first action when I bought my computer was to disable Secure Boot and delete its entire validation key bundle before installing any Operative System...

Archived