Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes - Not spawning, despite the 5min timer

iHeuksal

Something prevents acolytes from spawning in missions, no matter the type, be it a regular mission or the daily ones - and all of them passing the 5th minute mark - be it exterminate, sabotage, rescue.

Did DE screw this up or did have nerfed it even further?

10 часов назад, DroopingPuppy сказал:

Wait, was the acolytes guaranteed to be spawned on the steel path? Isn't their appearance a kind of RNG?

Acolytes typically spawn in any non-Archwing Steel Path missions once every 3-7 minutes.

8 hours ago, FSK41 said:

You have to constantly kill enemies so if you nuked the entire exterminate enemy population in 2 minutes and dont kill for 3 minutes it WONT appear

Has no meaning on Spy and Sabotage missions. They do take their time to accomplish, yet none of the Acos spawn. Even after having 7 minutes passed right away while staying away from extraction (this bug is known to me with treasurers not spawning when close to extraction), there are no signs of them.

I am not new to this game. This wasn't an issue before the Parvos update. Now it is an issue. Only SP Kuva Survival was a big issue (and 1-2 other missions), now there are more game modes being affected by this bug.

Can confirm, that the Acolytes are not spawning at all during exterminate, sabotage, spy and other types of "fast" missions, if the trigger is not working correctly from the beginning.

I have no issues in survival whatsoever. They do spawn within 2-5 minutes and even earlier the further you get (e.g. 60th minute mark, acolyte spawns right before the 2nd minute mark). 2-7 minutes are not correct, no matter what the wiki or people say. Bosses and Co. were spawning within the 5 minute mark since their introduction and adjustments (e.g. Void Vor) - see Liches/Sisters for another example. You can assure yourself, that murmurs/doggos and Liches/Sisters will stop spawning for good after passing the 5th minute mark!

You can extract from that mission right ahead, because waiting any longer is a waste of time.

Daily SP Mission Exterminate:

t3tUsB3.png

iLqt2OW.png

You cannot expect people to roam around in missions for 5-10 minutes to get the Acolyte to spawn at all (spoiler alert: It never showed up). No one will stay for this long to get the event triggered. You can solo Ext Missions within 1-3 minutes. The spawning wasn't an issue before the Parvos update. Many things got screwed up with this update (another example insane high CPU usage while loading tilesets/missions - where there is no lag, missing textures, lowLOD meshes, whatsover while boosting CPU usage to 100% from pre-update 30-40%).

DE's scripting team screwed this time up, again.

A perfect example of how this system is broken on Exterminate, while it works during Survival even out of "player known boundaries" (the nonsense talking about 2-7 minutes):

9DBuY9G.png

I am also experiencing no acolyte spawn when i solo steel path exterminate missions.
And now when i spawn into SP exterminate the timer for how long i have been in mission says about an hour and a half when i have been in mission for couple of minutes - this makes determining when acolyte might spawn, more difficult.

Its not right that the Stalker doesn't drop an arcane when defeated as his appearance resets the timer for an acolyte to spawn which often means an acolyte won't spawn.
Why, if acolytes are on a spawn timer do we ALSO have to meet the kill-arbitrary-x-amount-of-enemies to get it to spawn, which isn't working all that well.
We do SP to farm arcanes so if the acolytes aren't spawning, no real point in it once have completed Steel Path.

They usually don't spawn in Assassination, Exterminate and Spy missions for me, elsewhere the longest I've had to wait is 8 minutes. If nothing has spawned at that point I assume it's bugged and leave.

Most reliable place to spawn them has been in survival missions, they have never failed to spawn within the 3-8 minute range there. Maybe the spawn is tied to enemy aggro, if possible leave an alarm running so you always have something come after you?

23 hours ago, Unimira said:

They usually don't spawn in Assassination, Exterminate and Spy missions for me, elsewhere the longest I've had to wait is 8 minutes. If nothing has spawned at that point I assume it's bugged and leave.

Most reliable place to spawn them has been in survival missions, they have never failed to spawn within the 3-8 minute range there. Maybe the spawn is tied to enemy aggro, if possible leave an alarm running so you always have something come after you?

While the spawn timer does indeed appear to be bugged, acolytes will not spawn at all in assassination or archwing missions and never have. I'm pretty sure that's intentional.

Spy is harder to spawn them because hacking interferes with killing constantly to trigger them.

If they aren't showing up in extermination missions, you may be clearing the map too fast.

Just trying to help, even though I do agree the timers/conditionals are a bit wack.

On 2021-08-01 at 4:15 AM, Lokanahta said:

killing constantly to trigger them.

If was intended that killing did indeed trigger them then it doesn't work. Killing enemies does NOT trigger them. I and others have posted videos showing this. Despite what we were led to believe it's RNG. The whole faster spawns line was bs.

10 hours ago, Ms_Salami said:

If was intended that killing did indeed trigger them then it doesn't work. Killing enemies does NOT trigger them. I and others have posted videos showing this. Despite what we were led to believe it's RNG. The whole faster spawns line was bs.

I'm not disputing you just stating what I've observed.

Yeah, same for me. At this point they are broken. If I'm doing daily SP missions and waiting for the accolyte to appear it feels like it happens at random. The absolute record for me was t~8:40 mark for him to appear. Disgusting...

On 2021-08-11 at 3:43 PM, Marcus.Argonius said:

For me its Captures never spawning an Acolyte. Maybe its because mobs stop spawning once you get the objective, maybe something else, anyway result is wasted time.

On 2021-08-15 at 11:50 PM, Mer03 said:

In a SPY mission I've killed like 5 times more enemies than a exterminate but the acolytes never spawn. It is clearly bugged

And then you get this... Defence mission, Steel Path Incursion, matchmade but ended up solo.

We told that the spawns are in 3-7 mins, but is false, that killing enemies spawns them is false, that finding them in a mission is false.

What's the point of a spawn after the mission finishes?

unknown.png

Non-endless nodes are cleared in less than 3minutes (exept mobile defence) and acolytes spawn around 5-7 minutes ...
Acolytes spawn only if the player is currently engaged in combat with ennemies, who stop spawing if the alarm wasn't trigered ...

One out of two nodes I can't spawn the acolyte because I played the game normally instead of afking 5minutes at mission start, this system is unbearable...

• 1 month later...
On 2021-08-21 at 2:24 PM, roishakalaka said:

Non-endless nodes are cleared in less than 3minutes (exept mobile defence) and acolytes spawn around 5-7 minutes ...
Acolytes spawn only if the player is currently engaged in combat with ennemies, who stop spawing if the alarm wasn't trigered ...

One out of two nodes I can't spawn the acolyte because I played the game normally instead of afking 5minutes at mission start, this system is unbearable...

let me get this straight, the best way to ensure acolytes on non-endless missions is to afk in the start for a couple of minutes?

Found this on google so idc if its a "necro", this is what people find when searching for this issue

• 2 months later...

this is still an issue.

Did a capture run, was killing some mobs here and there until the 10 minute mark just to hope for it to spawn.

Ran out of mobs, waited running around until the 15 minute mark and extracted

no Acolyte spawned at all, waste of my time

p.s.
Not sure if they fixed this, but I had 2 acolytes spawn in 10 minutes in a Submersible mission on Uranus

Acolytes should spawn based on mission completion progress.

Examples:

Defence - Spawn on the start of every 5th wave.

Capture - Spawn once the target is captured.

Exterminate - Spawn once 80% or more enemies are killed.

And so on...

The idea is to make Acolytes a miniboss you have to defeat in order to achieve the mission goal and not a time based random appearance.

I would also allow them to lock the area they spawn in until defeated to feel like actual bosses you have to deal with and can halt your progress.

Wasting time with them would be resolved.

Am 20.10.2021 um 16:01 schrieb BevvR:

let me get this straight, the best way to ensure acolytes on non-endless missions is to afk in the start for a couple of minutes?

Found this on google so idc if its a "necro", this is what people find when searching for this issue

No he is at best being sarcastic if you constantly kill enemies during whatever mission you are playing then the aco will spawn very very likely,  while this is ,,obvious'' in endless missions or exterminate etc normally you do NOT kill many enemies in spy which is why there is a high chance it wont spawn, to further note  u need to kill someone at start to trigger the aco timer.

Am 21.8.2021 um 14:24 schrieb roishakalaka:

This is also not true, just fellow steps above 

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Archived