Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee can trivialize the entire final Lich/Sister fight in seconds. Change incoming?

DrivaMain

2 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

Next it will be gloom and molecular prime trivializes liches.

Then ensnare.

Might as well give liches the eidolon treatment at this point.

I don't know about Molecular Prime, but Gloom further increases their damage reduction when active.

8 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I don't know about Molecular Prime, but Gloom further increases their damage reduction when active.

"Primed enemies move and attack 10% / 20% / 25% / 30% slower and detonate upon death dealing 150 / 300 / 500 / 800  Blast damage to enemies within 6 / 7 / 8 / 10 meters. All sources of damage will be increased by 100% against primed enemies."

Sounds like cheating, being able to do 100% extra damage. 

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"Primed enemies move and attack 10% / 20% / 25% / 30% slower and detonate upon death dealing 150 / 300 / 500 / 800  Blast damage to enemies within 6 / 7 / 8 / 10 meters. All sources of damage will be increased by 100% against primed enemies."

Sounds like cheating, being able to do 100% extra damage. 

Since your whole shtick is "learning", here's some information: Prior to U30.5, slows used to increase Treasurer, Aurax Culveri Moa, Aurax Polaris Moa, and Kuva Lich's damage resistance, to the point where even with Molecular Prime's damage increase, it was still a noticeable loss.

29 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Was fixed in U30.5 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Since your whole shtick is "learning", here's some information: Prior to U30.5, slows used to increase Treasurer, Aurax Culveri Moa, Aurax Polaris Moa, and Kuva Lich's damage resistance, to the point where even with Molecular Prime's damage increase, it was still a noticeable loss.

Was fixed in U30.5 

Ooooh ok. So we should be fixing those instead of trying to nerf banshee it seems.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Ooooh ok. So we should be fixing those instead of trying to nerf banshee it seems.

People get criticized for wanting to bring in outliers. Banshee is an outlier as her damage buff isn't behaving like other damage buffs with respect to Lichs/Sisters.
And the slow increasing DR was fixed, did you not read the last sentence.

I wouldnt be surprised if Sonar gets nerfed, or DR gets changed. It is really no different from when Revenant could 1HK liches with Enthrall+Reave, which got capped.

A simple change to the sisters/liches would be to simply add a % of max hp damage cap, so a hit cant remove more than x% of max health in a hit. That way there would be no potential exploit outcome with skills like Sonar, atleast not at the extent of how it is now.

But I guess right now a high strength Gloom+Sonar Banshee would be quite devastating.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

I'll say it again, everytime that kind of people reads the word "nerf" their vision turns red and they are completely incapable of reading properly and feel a compulsory need to say "NO NERFS!!! JUST BUFFS!" or "WHY YOU ARE UPSET BY THIS?!?!? YOU ARE JEALOUS!?!?!?" and stuff like that. 

Me or anyone saying the word "nerf" or "change" right now :

ccd5b4224ab01c70305438d0f66f2575--flynn-

The player base is really sensitive nowadays to these words.

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Was fixed in U30.5 

Is it tho? Temporal Blast seems to be triggering this type of DR. Killing a Lich under the temporal blast is much slower than at normal animation speed. I am not surprised if this change was not intentional as well.

Looks like I am derailing a bit here, I am gonna stop asking about it here.

4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

It bothers me because players are getting around a game mechanic designed to combat these type of tactics. You know these type of things will not go unnoticed by DE. Like come on, Level 5 Nemesises getting downed in less than a few button clicks? You know these boss type enemies aren't designed to be one shotted.

Can’t really blame the players on this, this is all on DE for not play testing their game enough before the update released. We’re just using what they gave us. 

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

People get criticized for wanting to bring in outliers. Banshee is an outlier as her damage buff isn't behaving like other damage buffs with respect to Lichs/Sisters.

I see it now thanks. 

Either way after one outlier is adjusted, that just means Driva will see another video of another thing to nerf and we'll be right back in the same place. 

What's it gonna be after banshee? I guess people will miraculously find out that Nezhas chakram makes enemies vulnerable to damage based on strength.

Maybe Octavias 4 giving too much of a weapon buff?

I'm curious what's next.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I see it now thanks. 

Either way after one outlier is adjusted, that just means Driva will see another video of another thing to nerf and we'll be right back in the same place. 

What's it gonna be after banshee? I guess people will miraculously find out that Nezhas chakram makes enemies vulnerable to damage based on strength.

Maybe Octavias 4 giving too much of a weapon buff?

I'm curious what's next.

Banshee's Sonar is the only outlier I found to bypass this. Sevagoth's Reap is still affected by the DR. Not sure about Nezha's chakram, will test it later on. 

6 minutes ago, MinecraftGangsta said:

You can just press 2 with nyx…

Well even after you strip the armor. You still have to deal with the DR. Unlike Banshee that somehow bypass it completely.

When I go into railjack to kill the sisters, I always go solo with Ivara and orvius. Should that be nerfed too? Sure, it takes a bit longer, but the enemies have no clue what's going on, and never fire a shot. She's basically immune to sisters/liches, as they never get to use their abilities. Ivara just stands there throwing orvius above their heads, while drinking her iced tea, waiting for them to die.

16 minutes ago, Wolfchild07 said:

When I go into railjack to kill the sisters, I always go solo with Ivara and orvius. Should that be nerfed too? Sure, it takes a bit longer, but the enemies have no clue what's going on, and never fire a shot. She's basically immune to sisters/liches, as they never get to use their abilities. Ivara just stands there throwing orvius above their heads, while drinking her iced tea, waiting for them to die.

This thread is talking purely on TTK (Time to Kill). Immortality, stunlocks, invisibility cheese tactics is a whole different story. I should update this in the OP

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I brought up slowing abilities because it's just another way to trivialize liches. Sure, its not letting people drop liches like sonar, but the slow has pretty much guaranteed victory. All that is left is to chip away at the bullet sponge.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Me or anyone saying the word "nerf" or "change" right now :

ccd5b4224ab01c70305438d0f66f2575--flynn-

The player base is really sensitive nowadays to these words.

We may hear what we want to hear, and may want to run with it as the right interpretation. It might be a little harder to ask ourselves once if we heard right the first time (it is for me, at least. I so want to hear right the first time every so often. Sometimes I fail to ask if I have)

Archived