Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee can trivialize the entire final Lich/Sister fight in seconds. Change incoming?

DrivaMain

I'm shocked that the playerbase figured a way around DE's idiotic adaptation system /s. I just hope that, in case they act, they won't push Banshee down the hole of irrelevance she's been stuck in for a good portion of the past decade and only recently found a way out due to the Sister's update.

The irony of it all, I can think of handful other frames who can kill the Sisters with similar efficiency. Sure, they won't one-tap them the same way Sonar does that, but they'll still die in less than 20 seconds.

Nyx was supposed to be the Enemy control frame by mind controlling and condusing enemies to attack each other. Then Breach Surge comes in and does the same thing with a boost to dmg done, kind of a straight upgrade. Now every frame can do what Nyx does but better.

I hope DE does not nerf this interaction, at least it is a niche application for an obsolete frame ( note that Xaku can do the same thing as well)

The DR is most likely there to cater to the average first few experiences of the fight. Your first orb, your first eidolon, your first sister/lich, always going to be a longer more dramatic fight. If DE wanted these fights to be like this every time alot of abilities and mods wouldnt exist, the games a power fantasy and we are POWERFUL as hell. There's always going to be a work around, they probably just want a fight where lil ol eddy excalibur isnt going to squash them on his first try.

It's most likely why alot of recent bosses focus on mechanics and invuln phases not numbers. The DR here just seems to be an attempt to make a numbers boss that still caters to that same experience.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb DrivaMain:

It bothers me because players are getting around a game mechanic designed to combat these type of tactics. You know these type of things will not go unnoticed by DE. Like come on, Level 5 Nemesises getting downed in less than a few button clicks? You know these boss type enemies aren't designed to be one shotted.

Then you have to remove every invisible Frame. Just be a ghost and spam melee. It is the same as doing it with Banshee. And safer.

I honestly don't understand why this thread was made.  OP says that players are doing a thing and that they think DE will make changes so players can't do it anymore.  Is this just an FYI?

Personally, I don't see it as a problem; it literally gives Banshee a reason to be used.  If DE changes it, though, they can change it.

17 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

unpopular opinion ? I hope they do nerf banshee, it might give them an excuse to finally do a rework

Unfortunately, DE has a habit of doing the opposite. Putting TC's way of presenting their idea aside, they do have a point; DE could easily take a look at whatever player data they've collected, and notice that their new enemy types, that are supposed to be challenging, are being downed fairly quickly by one particular frame, and think "hey, that's not how this was meant to be played", and so cue the incoming nerf. 

It's just a possibility, but something worth noting, especially when you consider their treatment of Limbo during Scarlet Spear. 

Worst case scenario, in my opinion, is that they nerf Banshee, leave her in the trash for several months or years, then introduce a new 'frame that rips-off her abilities, theme, and, ends up coming out worse than her. 

Just now, (PSN)The1stAzrael said:

It's just a possibility, but something worth noting, especially when you consider their treatment of Limbo during Scarlet Spear.

I mean I LOVED how Khora's pet "changes" went down during spear, because it could heal the link's which lead to them nerfing her pet heal, they claimed it wasn't meant to heal objectives despite the tool-tip stating exactly that.

Players pushed back result we now have a bunch of support frames that can actually interact with defensive objectives !! in my opinion its a nerf that ultimatly ended up making the game more nuanced !

though .. that isn't to say if they look at sonar they will make banshee better but I can hope?

ps:I don't recall what they did to limbo ? I did see people using him all the way until the very end of spear but i never really played him.

I think what OP is missing is that we are talking about whack-a-mole here anyways... that's the problem with the power disparity in WF.

DE theoretically finds a way to stop Sonar from allowing one shot on Sister, while still leaving its normal functionality, guess what?

People will find many other ways to one shot or basically one shot, and probably already have. 

This game has an absurd power disparity between the haves and have nots. And it will never be fixed. 

They'll probably add DR on it like Mag's Magnetize. During my first Sister encounter, the DR is so ridiculous that I didn't even see the bubble animation before it ended lol. But her Magnetize lasts quite a while so thank the void for operator mode. When will game developers learn, there is hard content and then there is outright "cheating" content. I'm not advocating a boss that everyone can drop with a Lato. But if you make the bosses bend the rules to a certain extreme then the options available to players will be limited. As a result, the players too will bend the rules in the form of a certain dairy product.

2 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

unpopular opinion ? I hope they do nerf banshee, it might give them an excuse to finally do a rework

Man, I remember how it felt to have optimism about this kinda thing.

But, let's be real. They'll nerf the living bajesus out of banshee because it bothers them their new pet FOTM boss gets wrecked by her, then just leave it.  Re-work? Pfft. maybe in like three years. 

11 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

Man, I remember how it felt to have optimism about this kinda thing.

But, let's be real. They'll nerf the living bajesus out of banshee because it bothers them their new pet FOTM boss gets wrecked by her, then just leave it.  Re-work? Pfft. maybe in like three years. 

I'm just hoping they don't notice, while they are at it, how OP Silence is against Sisters/Liches/Acolytes/Necramechs etc. as well.... 

More than likely though, they'll just quickly make the sisters resistant to Sonar stacking, and then call it a day. 

You know the saddest thing?

You either trivialize the Sisters/Liches with Nyx/Banshee or another such invincible/hilariously damaging frame, or you fight them with a more vanilla frame like Excalibur (like me) and realize that once you stop using cheese the game isn't balanced in that direction either.

Cheese or be cheesed, nuke or be nuked, stunlock or be stunlocked...it's all such a mess.

Im ok with letting a particular frame be excellent at a specific task, even trivialize it. It happens with almost every content.
What I'm not ok with is kneejerk nerfs to said frames staple abilities for the sake of increasing grind content time.
I don't want a repeat scenario of Limbo and Scarlet Spear where his 4 was nerfed, but every other CC ability was left untouched, just because he was the meta.
If they must do anything just move the multiplier in the formula to be at the same place as Roar for instance. 
Leave Banshee alone, becuase even if you touch her, someone else will step in her place.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

You either trivialize the Sisters/Liches with Nyx/Banshee or another such invincible/hilariously damaging frame, or you fight them with a more vanilla frame like Excalibur (like me) and realize that once you stop using cheese the game isn't balanced in that direction either.

Cheese or be cheesed, nuke or be nuked, stunlock or be stunlocked...it's all such a mess.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This game has an absurd power disparity between the haves and have nots. And it will never be fixed. 

30 minutes ago, Aldain said:

🤔 Personally I’m rather impressed when someone doesn’t obliterate a thing in Warframe through brute force; facing failure can be tough and potentially un-fun.

Out of mild curiosity, how long have you been meeting the enemy on their level by choice? It doesn’t seem a common thing (most are quite happy to have their overpowered fun, which is fair enough)

2 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

and I walk right in on Ivara stealth a shot her in the face with my Artemis bow 3 times and walk to the exit, its called the right tool for the job

^

There are so many ways to if not one shot the sisters, at least still trivialize them with a few quick hits. 

And playing whack-a-mole with Sonar just leaves who knows how many other ways to get a TTK that is literally within the single digit seconds or only slightly longer. 

Archived