Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli problems

Unscaling damage, inconsistent CC, abilities that are strangely resistant to modding, being outclassed by every frame released before her (including Hydroid, somehow), unmoddable K Drive...

There are other threads for this.  But if all of the Yareli feedback is neatly compartmentalized, I worry that it's too easy for her to be forgotten. 

Hoping for some changes and buffs in the weeks ahead!  I don't think simple number changes are enough for her, though.  And the saddest thing about Merulina might be that it won't be until we get a few more tileset reworks/overhauls that she's actually useful in the majority of areas in the game.  She's virtually incompatible with:

• Grineer asteroid
  • Grineer galleon
  • Corpus ice (crashed freighter)
  • Infested Corpus ship
  • Kuva fortress

...and plenty of tiles in other tilesets.  Even in more open areas, the lack of maneuverability in the air is a huge problem.  I'd rather bullet jump or void dash, tbh.

Gerade eben schrieb sunderthefirmament:

Unscaling damage, inconsistent CC, abilities that are strangely resistant to modding, being outclassed by every frame released before her (including Hydroid, somehow), unmoddable K Drive...

There are other threads for this.  But if all of the Yareli feedback is neatly compartmentalized, I worry that it's too easy for her to be forgotten. 

Hoping for some changes and buffs in the weeks ahead!  I don't think simple number changes are enough for her, though.  And the saddest thing about Merulina might be that it won't be until we get a few more tileset reworks/overhauls that she's actually useful in the majority of areas in the game.  She's virtually incompatible with:

• Grineer asteroid
  • Grineer galleon
  • Corpus ice (crashed freighter)
  • Infested Corpus ship
  • Kuva fortress

...and plenty of tiles in other tilesets.  Even in more open areas, the lack of maneuverability in the air is a huge problem.  I'd rather bullet jump or void dash, tbh.

Warframe has not been considered LONG ENOUGH. that's the problem.
however, the same applies to many other warframes or weapons.
they were and still are a joke.

balance is not the company's strengths!

The problem is that they default you to having your secondary out on merulina. This prevents most air-tricks. Not that it matters much because merulina glitches a lot more and gives a lot more frustration then titania her razorwing form. Even though the latter can actually go into spots where nothing else can be. Merulina is bigger than a warframe and still you can teleport several tiles back if you fall into a void.

Her entire kit doesn't scale well and modding is just not that important (i use a lot of augur mods so i can shield-gate more).

Is there anything with Yareli that isnt a problem really? She is the first frame I havent even considered formaing or bothered playing beyond the 1-30 stretch. I mean, Nyx has issues since she's overly defense focused, same deal with Hydroid more or less, but Yareli is just straight up bad. Her #4 is decent at nuking infested, that is about it, the rest of her kit does practically nothing.

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Is there anything with Yareli that isnt a problem really? She is the first frame I havent even considered formaing or bothered playing beyond the 1-30 stretch. I mean, Nyx has issues since she's overly defense focused, same deal with Hydroid more or less, but Yareli is just straight up bad. Her #4 is decent at nuking infested, that is about it, the rest of her kit does practically nothing.

Her passive is good.

They need to address it for sure, the K-Drive ability is way too clunky to actually function on most maps, you’re bound to hit something over and over again, which is not fun, it’s annoying. If they are going to keep the ability the way it is, then they somehow need to touch up on all the smaller maps to expand them so that they are wide enough for the players to use Merulina in it, otherwise if you don’t and leave it the way it is, then players will just be constantly hitting objects.

Yareli is literally a frame that was birthed because somebody found the concept interesting, but didn't bother to consider what kind of purpose or role she'll fill. As a result, we've ended up with a frame that has literally no reason to exist. She brings nothing to the table, doesn't do anything that other frames don't do better, her abilities have no synergy nor do they scale in any relevant or impactful way. Not even Helminth can save her - even if you subsume the disaster that is her #2, you are still left with the remaining of her useless kit.

Before Yareli, Grendel was the other frame that found themselves in similar position - being a frame that has no practical purpose nor brings anything of note to the table. Yareli takes the number one spot by a long shot. At least you can play Grendel as discount Inaros, if you really have to, and get some results. Yareli? You can remove her from the game right now and nothing of value will be lost.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

unmoddable K Drive

why do people want her k-drive modded ? wouldn't that just make her clunky #2 even more mandatory ? at least at the moment its possible to get away with NOT using it in easier content

realistically her kdrive should just let her keep regular warframe movement and just give her an animation set that makes it look like she is riding a k-drive with a speed boost while its active, its the only way its going to move properly

vor 57 Minuten schrieb XAN3MK:

ß4ß354ß35p435ö43ö54-35ä435-43ä5-43-5ed because somebody found the concept interesting, but didn't bother to consider what kind of purpose or role she'll fill. As a result, we've ended up with a frame that has literally no reason to exist. She brings nothing to the table, doesn't do anything that other frames don't do better, her abilities have no synergy nor do they scale in any relevant or impactful way. Not even Helminth can save her - even if ykdskfdslkflkdslkfdskflkdsfdsf

who was this someone ?????????????????
warframe is intended for a wide audience. at least it is logically so ........

1 minute ago, Battle.Mage said:

who was this someone ?????????????????
warframe is intended for a wide audience. at least it is logically so ........

How should I know? Obviously somebody at DE found the concept interesting to greenlight this trainwreck of a frame.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

In fact it is. Heck, it is probably the best passive.

And combine it with the right weapons and she's a heavy hitter. Hell i might remake a catchmoon secondary for her 

But i haven't had alot issues with yareli. At most aqua blades needs range scaling, merulina needs to be moddable since there's alot damage based kdrives mods that make it more interesting, merulinas double jump is really werid and has way to much lift and you end up bouncing off the ceiling or invis barriers. 

But haven't had issues with using the kdrive on tilesets at all then again im maxed in vent kids and have all the boards maxed so im extremely used to kdrives to the point only eris is the tile i can't reliably use it on, other wise i love it especially the speed and ease of movement since im always afraid too much bullet jumps will break another controllers shoulder button 

The first time I took her into the Valis, she bugged out, and fell through the ground. The only way I could do anything was as archwing. Now, while being able to fly straight into the secret room in the research facility was pretty cool, the fact that I couldn't interact with anything made it kind of pointless. Since then, I've been afraid to use Merulina.

Overall, once I get her to 30, I'm probably going to ignore her.

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

They need to address it for sure, the K-Drive ability is way too clunky to actually function on most maps, you’re bound to hit something over and over again, which is not fun, it’s annoying. If they are going to keep the ability the way it is, then they somehow need to touch up on all the smaller maps to expand them so that they are wide enough for the players to use Merulina in it, otherwise if you don’t and leave it the way it is, then players will just be constantly hitting objects.

It sounds like I probably won’t use Merulina on a smaller map unless I felt confident in my K-drive skills. That said, I’m not quite sure how it works, so I may still be using it (maybe just not so strongly for the movement). Still slowely-but-expectantly playing my way through the quest and looking forward to seeing

Il y a 1 heure, XAN3MK a dit :

Yareli is literally a frame that was birthed because somebody found the concept interesting, but didn't bother to consider what kind of purpose or role she'll fill. As a result, we've ended up with a frame that has literally no reason to exist. She brings nothing to the table, doesn't do anything that other frames don't do better, her abilities have no synergy nor do they scale in any relevant or impactful way. Not even Helminth can save her - even if you subsume the disaster that is her #2, you are still left with the remaining of her useless kit.

Before Yareli, Grendel was the other frame that found themselves in similar position - being a frame that has no practical purpose nor brings anything of note to the table. Yareli takes the number one spot by a long shot. At least you can play Grendel as discount Inaros, if you really have to, and get some results. Yareli? You can remove her from the game right now and nothing of value will be lost.

Grendel has issues, but he can tank as long as you don't plan to reach levelcap, he benefits from shieldgating, gives (energy) buffs to the team while consistently healing himself, and his 1st has scaling damage and if you nom nom a dozen of corpus and vomit them they're dead whatever level and shield they have.

While yareli have inconsistent abilities. Her 1st is cheap and is an ok CC (for a first ability), the K-drive has pathing issues, but ain't even good at making her tanky, the efficient range of her 3rd makes it not practical to use, and the damage is too low, her 4th has a lot of issues.

A great frame for captura but that's all about her

I think Merulina should be cosmetic,and Yareli should keep her Warframe movement while using it(of course still keeping all the buffs it has right now),otherwise Merulina is forever gonna be impossible to use outside of open world.

2 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Really odd choice, if they wanted people to get into the whole k-drive thing.

Yeah. Though I wouldnt stick with the k-drive eitherways since it is just too clunky and I really dislike the system. Would have been cool if it was just a visual that let you play the frame as a frame. I ditched it directly and just picked up something to let her camp while playing around with 1+4 and a secondary. The main issue there is just that such a playstyle can be achieved with Vauban or Protea aswell, just much much better since they deal so much more damage through their skills.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah. Though I wouldnt stick with the k-drive eitherways since it is just too clunky and I really dislike the system. Would have been cool if it was just a visual that let you play the frame as a frame. I ditched it directly and just picked up something to let her camp while playing around with 1+4 and a secondary. The main issue there is just that such a playstyle can be achieved with Vauban or Protea aswell, just much much better since they deal so much more damage through their skills.

Yes sure, my thinking was just from the seller's perspective it's about trying to sell and promote k-drive gameplay.

So for example the deimos k-drive skin, could get people to potentially grind demios thanks to the k-drive. Opening up the k-drive to modding and cosmetic customization would be first on my list, when that gameplay is there already and can tie into other grinds.

The clunky k-drive bumping into walls I feel was the very first thought on every player's mind and makes it another odd choice.

I know titania's spellbound prevents the ricochet animation on razorwing but I am guessing it doesn't do anything for the k-drive.

Personally I would have added like waves on the side and set k-drive collision to zero and also let it hover on black mario brothers spaces, maybe let it ride up walls or have it create giant aoe waves it could surf. Like firewalker trail but tall waves instead.

As is it's just straight austin powers.

Archived