Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli problems

3 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

It's kind of pointless if you think about it. Most regular tile sets don't have enough room to do significant trick chains. Also, imagine how frustrating that would be to try to get your combo up and then suddenly interrupted by enemy rockets blasting you out of midair. 

Or just smacking your head on the ceiling or any other part of geometry on the map. Its hard enough to just ride a board through most tilesets, especially the old ones, without also having to do tricks.

2 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

It's kind of pointless if you think about it. Most regular tile sets don't have enough room to do significant trick chains. Also, imagine how frustrating that would be to try to get your combo up and then suddenly interrupted by enemy rockets blasting you out of midair. 

Sure, maybe do trick chains or up your combo for more damage. I was thinking that maybe if you can pull a copter or a nosedive while one of her abilities were active she'd be able to automatically fluidly cut corners for 20 seconds or something similiar. Something that helps her traverse the tileset, close the gap on enemies, or avoid damage.

15 minutes ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

Sure, maybe do trick chains or up your combo for more damage. I was thinking that maybe if you can pull a copter or a nosedive while one of her abilities were active she'd be able to automatically fluidly cut corners for 20 seconds or something similiar. Something that helps her traverse the tileset, close the gap on enemies, or avoid damage.

If I was going to give tricks any sort of purpose for her, assuming DE don't fix her properly, it would be for Merulina to give double or triple standing compared to regular K-Drives. This would mostly be useful in Orb Vallis, but that's the only place K-Drive was even remotely appropriate anyway.

On 2021-07-30 at 8:33 PM, FrostDragoon said:

primed sure footed not have effect in merulina?

24 minutes ago, ThunderOfsatinok said:

primed sure footed not have effect in merulina?

No, that's not what I mean. Most knockdowns are mitigated/resisted while you're on Meru. What I was suggesting is that while you're busy focusing on stupid trick chains that you're just getting shot down through damage, especially since her DR works backward. It's an opportunity cost issue. If you weren't playing Yareli, what would you be doing in the time that the Yareli player is trying to do fingerflips and buttgrabs? Killing the enemies, aware of what they are doing, and taking evasive action from the more threatening enemies/mechanics.

14 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Primaries on K-Drives really needs to be a built-in feature:

giphy.gif

It already works if you can manage to bug it out, even with guns that have alt-fires and special mechanics. It's just missing a few animations.

I still can't get over how dumb K-Drives look in regular missions. It's so painfully awkward, like watching a teenage boy trying to ask out the first girl he actually likes. What a train wreck.

That aside, I think primaries and secondaries should be usable on any K-Drive/Meru anyway. At least it would give them some purpose in open world zones. They'd still be inferior to archwing, but a step closer isn't a bad thing.

16 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

I still can't get over how dumb K-Drives look in regular missions. It's so painfully awkward, like watching a teenage boy trying to ask out the first girl he actually likes. What a train wreck.

At the moment, yeah. One of the rare things we might agree on. But it's nothing that can't be solved, most of it are controls and handling problems.

I'm half convinced at this point that she was always meant to be a bad frame. Locked behind a K-drive tutorial.  Signature weapon is a reskin of the most hated secondary in the game. All the abilities look like they were meant to be worse versions of other frame abilities. With the animations and everything totaled I think this was all a huge meme/troll on DE's part. 

We still haven't gotten to the point of DE acknowledging if they are going to do a real rework though. So I guess we will see. 

Archived