Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PVP is Back and Better!

kwlingo

Question

Super exited and I hope everyone is also. PVP mode is complete! I had such a blast with this game mode and I hope DE expands onto this concept.

The sister's update for Railjack finishing Sister mission has the potential to proc Radiation for team self-damage. For some odd reason as I was rushing into our first sister out of the 4 on Neptune RJ, I noticed everyone was slowly following about 1-2 rooms away. When I would stop so would they. Before I got into the room of the 1st sister I stopped. Finally one of them slowly caught up and run into the room and I followed. The other two stood at the door and was shooting their large AOE and beam weapons at our directions. We both went down immediately. After our first sister kill we continued to the 2nd. Same thing they followed and would stop as I slowed down so I stopped before entering the next room for sister spawn. I figured out what the slow running was for. As I jumped into the 2nd sister I saw the two players from back a far aiming at me while I was standing by the opposite direction of the sister's location. After that occurred I turn on my ability to tank them and we pretty much just started aiming at each other and stopped targeting at the sister objective completely. I was able to kill all my pub teammates as they couldn't defeat my damage immunity ability. After 4 kills on each one of them on our 2nd sister. One by one they were extracting. I don't understand why they wouldn't finish what they started. I mean isnt this PVP mode? We didn't finish missing because host migration cause a RJ bug.

7 answers to this question

6 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Super exited and I hope everyone is also. PVP mode is complete! I had such a blast with this game mode and I hope DE expands onto this concept.

Lets dissect this objectively. In the PvE space, everyone is suppose to cooperate with each other. Two of them use the radiation proc to kill you and in retaliation you kill them back, hard. From what you provided, no one provoke the other before the first kill; they just did it. Looking past the entire griefing part, the fight was basically one-shots and immunity.

You’re “super excitement” is that feeling you get from a successful payback of griefers not the actual PvP. Expanding PvP in the direction of your experience is not going to go well.

LOL, this was very funny thanks for the laugh!

I don't understand though, how did they have the rad proc for the entire time? Unless both liches you fought had the rad power (I think it's impact that gives that?), they must have used a glitch to keep the proc active for the entire time? 

45 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I don't understand though, how did they have the rad proc for the entire time? Unless both liches you fought had the rad power (I think it's impact that gives that?), they must have used a glitch to keep the proc active for the entire time? 

rad element liches/sister have that element on their gun so can rad proc you just by shooting you.

If you are rad procced your team doesn't need to be rad procced to shoot you.

On 2021-07-23 at 2:45 PM, --END--Rikutatis said:

Since the sister's will teleport around, As long as they have an open shot to anyone in the team, there is a chance for them to proc the Radiation proc. You cannot kill your team till you or they are proced. So you will need perfect timing to kill your team.

lol it was probably one of the few time I felt like there was a real competition in Warframe. I highly recommend it! hehe 

Radiation procs aren't remotely PVP (or new), so I'm not sure what you're trying to imply.

Course, if the issue is you had some bad teammates, solution is to go Solo or bring friends of your own, if you got griefed and have proof, report them via Zendesk.

This isn't really a "players helping players" topic either, moreso just a case of "I accidentally got hit by a rad proc so I decided to take it out on the entire team multiple times".

Archived