Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what's with the silly mr 10 lock to autofill sculptures

16 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

it's baffling that anyone ever made it indeed, my only possible guess is to keep newer players from accidentally using ayatan stars?? Yeah it still makes no sense

Which like you said makes no sense, as using ayatan stars with sculpures is really their only use, as just selling them without inserting them is grossly inefficient resource farming-wise. It would be better to teach new players to always put them in their sculpures asap, not the opposite. 

And unless I am mistaken, the only blueprint that requires an ayatan star is the ayatanception blueprint to make an amber star. 

DE's logic isn't flawed, it just came from a specific perspective.

Players:"DE, it's super tedious having to individually socket stars into our multitudes of statues we passively collect when we need to dissolve them to Maroo for Endo for the new Primed Mods"

DE:"Hmmm.... Players are used to this, so for once, why don't we gatekeep this a miniscule amount and give them a convenience-button if they're past a certain MR, as a reward"

If you're salty about it, I suggest you just aim to get to MR10 for that feature, like you may go for MR30 for the Loadout slots (my motivation tbh). Or like others would get to specific MRs in order to access Rivens, or specific Prime weapons. DE puts different rewards at/in different places to encourage more engagement. Login rewards are gated behind login counts, Tennocon exclusive armors and Prime attachments are locked behind digital-pack-purchases, and a miscellany of things are (semi-arbitrarily) locked behind MR. There's a LOT of easy things to build to get MR. You are given access to a much more impressive feature, the Helminth Segment, at a paltry MR8! My friend that "barely" plays the game is at MR16, with only 318 hours of playtime. MR10 is easy to get to.

I feel like if you're going to ask that MR be more uniform in terms of scope/impressiveness, you could get auto-slotted stars at MR5, but you'd see Helminth locked behind MR15, like DE originally planned. They're keeping most things really low and accessible for everyone already.

Good luck, and be patient, y'all!

It took me about 35 days to hit MR 10, and I slotted about 15 sculptures worth of stars in that time. Most of those are now sitting in my inventory or decorating my orbiter anyways as I haven't needed the endo, meaning that only a handful of those were even nessesary. I certainly don't regret the <10 minutes or so of cumulative slotting time, as it had me examine each type of sculpture at least once.

The whole thing seems pretty reasonable to me 🤷‍♀️

Be thankful for the upgrade instead of complaining about what came before it!

If changing anything, I'd enable auto-slotting on any type of sculpture you'd manually slotted once or twice already.

21 minutes ago, (NSW)notyetawizard said:

If changing anything, I'd enable auto-slotting on any type of sculpture you'd manually slotted once or twice already.

Oooh, or just going to Maroo directly and, recognizing that she's dealing with an "experienced Tenno with better things to do", she allows you to just directly select all of the statues you wanna sell, and asks if you want her to slot them for you, bypassing the slotting process on our end entirely.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Yes. Unlocks should be based on quest/ star chart and game progression. Not a patience test for leveling some arbitrary weapons. 

Unlocks such as Arbitration and Steel Path access is locked behind quest/star chart and game progression. But DE locks a few other nifty (not-game-shattering) features behind MR10 and a few MR past that, to encourage engagement.
They're a free to play game, they have to be balanced in such a way that the game is tolerable for the average or patient person, but the impatient will spend money/plat on Forma and such instead of grinding for it. Or in this example, people might buy "good" but "difficult to grind-for" weapons, or weapons locked behind un-preferred gameplay content. You'll need to give some really compelling reasons behind it being bad gameplay design or outright player-hostile, beyond just being an inconvenience that they monetize, if you're gonna stand a chance at convincing DE to change... Anything, really.

MR30 requires 2,250,000 points, 2 million more than the 250,000 points required for MR10. Which means basically, you only need to "master" approximately 10% the game's MR-contributing content in order to attain MR10. EVERY Warframe (not including primes) alone would put you past the required amount of points. You could subtract a few of the more tediously-ground Warframes (RNG Nidus, Gauss, Equinox, Harrow, etc) by getting the Primes currently available/in-rotation for frames you enjoy, and by simply crafting and ranking some of the market-blueprint-purchasable sentinels, or weapons. You can play with pubs and only have 1 or 2 "mastery fodder" weapons/warframes/companion equipped at a time, and main your remaining real weapon(s) of choice and you'll get there in no time. The user above said they did it in 35 days. It's pretty trivial, especially compared to getting to MR30 or Legendary 1 (aka 31), where you get the Blessing feature. I didn't complain about that being gate-kept, I just looked forward to getting it and worked towards it.

On 2021-07-23 at 7:58 PM, Grav_Starstrider said:

DE's logic isn't flawed, it just came from a specific perspective.

Players:"DE, it's super tedious having to individually socket stars into our multitudes of statues we passively collect when we need to dissolve them to Maroo for Endo for the new Primed Mods"

DE:"Hmmm.... Players are used to this, so for once, why don't we gatekeep this a miniscule amount and give them a convenience-button if they're past a certain MR, as a reward"

If you're salty about it, I suggest you just aim to get to MR10 for that feature, like you may go for MR30 for the Loadout slots (my motivation tbh). Or like others would get to specific MRs in order to access Rivens, or specific Prime weapons. DE puts different rewards at/in different places to encourage more engagement. Login rewards are gated behind login counts, Tennocon exclusive armors and Prime attachments are locked behind digital-pack-purchases, and a miscellany of things are (semi-arbitrarily) locked behind MR. There's a LOT of easy things to build to get MR. You are given access to a much more impressive feature, the Helminth Segment, at a paltry MR8! My friend that "barely" plays the game is at MR16, with only 318 hours of playtime. MR10 is easy to get to.

I feel like if you're going to ask that MR be more uniform in terms of scope/impressiveness, you could get auto-slotted stars at MR5, but you'd see Helminth locked behind MR15, like DE originally planned. They're keeping most things really low and accessible for everyone already.

Good luck, and be patient, y'all!

their reasoning doesn't make it any less silly it still puts unnecessary wear and tear on a controller.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

their reasoning doesn't make it any less silly it still puts unnecessary wear and tear on a controller.

Ah, yes. Perhaps we should get rid of the orbiter while we're at it, and just use a menu system instead. And, why even pick up atayans when enemies could drop endo directly? And why all those trigger clicks on guns to kill the enemies? Maybe just put the whole game on auto?

All video games are unnecessary, and their controllers with them. There is no necessary wear and tear to be had.

11 hours ago, (NSW)notyetawizard said:

Ah, yes. Perhaps we should get rid of the orbiter while we're at it, and just use a menu system instead. And, why even pick up atayans when enemies could drop endo directly? And why all those trigger clicks on guns to kill the enemies? Maybe just put the whole game on auto?

All video games are unnecessary, and their controllers with them. There is no necessary wear and tear to be had.

I don't even know how to respond to your response here, but I find myself laughing and shaking my head at it. your comment has nothing to do with the post.

On 2021-07-25 at 10:53 AM, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

I don't even know how to respond to your response here, but I find myself laughing and shaking my head at it. your comment has nothing to do with the post.

They're pointing out that *everything* in the game will cause at least a small amount of wear and tear on controllers, keyboards, and mice. I can't possibly imagine you're spending that much time socketing stars for endo. If you are, use it as motivation to get to the easily attainable MR so you can bypass it. A little bit more wear and tear on your controller in MR farming, and you won't suffer this wear and tear from socketing ever again. If you never get to MR10 though, and even if you never socket an Ayatan again, you'll still get wear and tear from playing the game. From a certain perspective.... It's not too different from grinding and leveling up a pokemon so that it one-shots wild pokemon on early routes, rather than requiring several hits. Just play the game, and after a mere approximately 10% of the content/arsenal, you'll have that feature.

Also as I've been pointing out in other threads recently, they're free to play. They rely upon people being too impatient to wait/grind, in order to make money (see 24-hour crafting time forma, when you can use far more than 1 forma per day). It may be a fully cognizant decision of theirs, that they expect you to buy Warframes and Sentinels to powergrind to a certain MR that gives you the features you're impatient for. If it's a fundamental part of their business model, good luck trying to convince them to make less money. No such thing as a free lunch, spend your time, effort, and controller wear/tear, or spend on their purchasable available Warframes and Affinity boosters to get there.

Archived