Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Bouncy Traps Should Not Affect Other Players.

kunjalkiran

Vauban bouncing traps are used as jokes by trolls.

This can be detrimental to coop gameplay when one is short on time during countdown and one of the traps send you to an untimely fall.

Or worse in one case it sent a player to a bottomless fall due to a bug.

I too, think they're fun. 

Do not pug, make a note to https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/entries/22347425-How-do-I-report-players-for-cheating-hacking-harassment-griefing-'>report players who cause a real problem. If they're being a jerk on purposes chances are they've done it with others and the support team will find evidence about it. 

But seriously, don't pug. 

The bounce pad can be used tactically as well.

Edited by HailCreation

Bounce was intended to be used to either bounce enemies down a pit or improve the squad's mobility. Some players might misuse it, but others are doing what's intended (like me). I was saddened when DE changed Pull to only affect enemies because it makes powers less versatile. Let it stay the way it is now, some of us actually use it effectively. 

Note that bounce is also not the easiest skill to aim, especially when moving around quickly. Unlike most abilities where it's a direct line of sight and instant application, bounce (and all of Vauban's abilities) have travel time and are thrown as an object before they go off. 

Perhaps bounce could be changed so it will only affect players if they jump while in the trap. It would give team mates the choice to use it for themselves, or to run through it, not trigger it, and let a following monster get bounced.

I think this would stop people from being able to troll others as well.

Perhaps bounce could be changed so it will only affect players if they jump while in the trap. It would give team mates the choice to use it for themselves, or to run through it, not trigger it, and let a following monster get bounced.

I like this suggestion the best because I like using bouce if there is a nice vauban, and I usually am a nice vauban too so just taking away all its helpfulness to others in not great, but letting you jump to activate it would be fine with me

This, though I hardly ever use Bounce anyway and I'm always playing private. Good suggestion nevertheless.

Removing them from working on other players will make a lot of people mad. Honestly I never use them, I can finish the mission just fine without them. However it's just like volts speed ability. People didn't like that either, which I think they have fixed but still. Anyways I hope they can come to a reasonable solution. 

This can work.
Posted by Haldos

"Perhaps bounce could be changed so it will only affect players if they jump while in the trap. It would give team mates the choice to use it for themselves, or to run through it, not trigger it, and let a following monster get bounced."

Edited by Completionist