Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okay....Theorem Infection on Nekros.

-SilverWolfPrime-

Question

This specific strategy on Nekros has confused and bewildered me so much that I can't comprehend whether it is worth running or not. It has perplexed me so much that I just...I get so lost running it.

Essentially, the strategy is that Nekros can spawn his shadows with 360%+ maximum bonus damage by using a combination of the Residual Arcanes and Kitguns. It's been interesting to me because I feel like this could be a really, really, really fun way to use Nekros without sacrificing a whole lot of his normal builds, but...for some reason it just seems really underwhelming to me to be worth it.

Would it be alright if some other Nekros mains gave me some insight on it? Is it worth using or running? If it is, what do you normally use for it? If it is not, what are some build ideas I could use for Nekros that isn't limited to just loot?

11 answers to this question

Before update 30.5, the element Theorem Infection gave to your shadows would stay indefinitely, this was probably a bug cause the power spike in your shadows were very noticeable.

Now, once the buff expire, it expires all its stacks and you have to restack. Funny how the Galvanized and gun arcane ticks down per stack but not the Theorem arcanes. 

If the Theorem arcanes fits in your build, its a cute addon but if you really want to have an offensive shadow build, subsume Grendel's Nourish and/or Oberon's Smite.

Nourish will gives your shadows Toxin element and surprisingly will make short work of SP corpus.

Smite Infusion makes a great counter towards Grineer but SP Grineer has crazy amount of armor kinda making it pointless, still fun for normal missions.

Reckon they fixed it if the damage actually applies to the shadows now, will have to test again. However back when I used it, they didn't gain increased damage or elemental damage at all. The arcane just didn't work.

20 hours ago, DaMasque said:

Before update 30.5, the element Theorem Infection gave to your shadows would stay indefinitely, this was probably a bug cause the power spike in your shadows were very noticeable.

Now, once the buff expire, it expires all its stacks and you have to restack. Funny how the Galvanized and gun arcane ticks down per stack but not the Theorem arcanes. 

Wait a minute, so once the stacks expire, the summoned shadows don't keep the effect? So let's say I summon them under full Theorem Infection stacks. Once the stacks disappear, the shadows lose the bonus damage?

3 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

Wait a minute, so once the stacks expire, the summoned shadows don't keep the effect? So let's say I summon them under full Theorem Infection stacks. Once the stacks disappear, the shadows lose the bonus damage?

yep, gotta restack.

Hello again! Time to update my previous post.

Theorem Infection works very strangely. Whilst stacking Infection, your summoned minions will not take in the buff. The buff only counts when the stack is counting down and you summon new minions.

So in practice:

Kill enemies with kitgun that has a Residual Arcane > Stack it to 15 > Get off the Residual area (cause the game still thinks you're stacking and therefore your summon minions will not get buffed.) > Summon minions.

Your minions will have the buff indefinitely until THEY expire. 

You can combine two different Residual Arcanes like you would with modding elements, just need to stack each element separately.

Example:

Kill enemies with Primary Kitgun > stand in Residual area > (whilst buff is counting down) kill enemies with Secondary Kitgun > stand in Residual area (buff will restack with new element, but the elements are actually combined) > get off Residual area > summon minions. 

now your minions have a combined element.

Have fun summoning Y'all.

Archived