Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Room Blueprints

Lucy

XNnYvw5.png
Image: Luca Sees All, Lab Hall by Lucy

What are Dojo Room Blueprints?
Dojo Room Blueprints are blueprints of the decorations contained within a specific room in a dojo at the moment it was blueprinted that can be applied to similiar room types at the combined cost of decorations contained in the blueprint. Decorations are funded according to Dojo settings, if the required resources are no available it will fund them in the order the engine loads them in.

How would Dojo Room Blueprints benefit Warframe?
There are several ways Dojo Room Blueprints could benefit Warframe and its economy:

Experiment with your dojo
Want to experiment with your Dojo? Maybe you haven't quite cracked the design for your clan room? Simply blueprint the existing room build and build something else, and if that doesn't work out, scrap it (Or blueprint that too) and apply the old design!

ma3aP70.png
Image: Create Blueprint button in room menu.

Makes dojo building a certified service in Warframe
Did you make a beautiful room and think maybe someone would pay something for it? Are you a big time dojo builder and want to make some plat on your skills? Wether you got a big buyer on the hook or just wanna share your builds, with this feature you could simply blueprint your beautiful build and trade it in any certified™ trade window. Trade it for plat or a fish! Or a sister! Whos sister? My sister now!
G8rDQd2.png
Image: Mashup of what trading Dojo Room Blueprints might look like.

Makes repetitive room building less of a hassle
Ever wanted to make a really long hallway with an initial design in mind? Maybe you wanted to copy that nice big room for a symmetrical build? Dojo Room Blueprints would allow these endevours by letting you blueprint your beautiful room and simply apply it to other rooms at only the cost of the decorations in the room!

Makes moving rooms easier
The thought of moving an existing fully decorated room in the current game might sound like a painful plan. Dojo Room Blueprints would allow you to blueprint your beautifully decorated room to your inventory, with the room safely stored in your inventory you can would now be able to delete the existing room from your dojo. To complete the moving of the room all you need is to simply build an identical room to the one you had before and apply the blueprint once built. No sweat!

Scam Prevention
To prevent players from recieving a Dojo Room Blueprint they didn't ask for players will be able to preview the Dojo Room Blueprint presented by the seller in the trade window. Preview will alert the player that it will load an instance of the Dojo Room, this will work similar to loading the Simulacrum or the Leverian. This way the player will be able to inspect the room that the seller have submitted to trade. A possible Compromise to the Preview Feature could be some sort of render of the room to make sure its what the player wants to pay for with a list of the decorations included in the Dojo Room Blueprint.

Preview Feature
The preview feature of Dojo Room Decorations could potentionally be a a high development requirement for this feature as loading custom dojo rooms while also being loaded into a player dojo or Maroo's Bazaar could prove difficult, but could potentionally open up other opertunities such as linkable rooms for players to join together in and could highlight Dojo room creations in a more easily accessible way than loading into a player dojo. This could possibly be a chat link feature as [Dojo Room], similar to how [Look] links work.

2tl7hNL.png
Image: Warning about loading the dojo room instance.

So, why did I make this post?
Pretty simple, I was building in my dojo, I got a lot of hallways to build and this thought came to mind. As I have been thinking through the idea through writing this post it became more clear that it could fit pretty well within Warframe as both a QoL feature, community feature aswell as an economic feature. Please leave your thoughts below if you got anything to add or if I overlooked something. Thanks!

- Lucy

Also can we have more capacity in the Dry Dock, DE pls

This has my full support.

Preview will alert the player that it will load an instance of the Dojo Room, this will work similar to loading the Simulacrum or the Leverian.

You've neglected to mention a live example of this in action: the duel rooms. When you go for a duel, and that room is decorated, the instance loads all the decorations as well, and the door is locked.

3 minutes ago, DrLego said:

This has my full support.

You've neglected to mention a live example of this in action: the duel rooms. When you go for a duel, and that room is decorated, the instance loads all the decorations as well, and the door is locked.

Not much of a dueler myself, but yes thats a good point, good catch!

You should experiment with it, you'll find, that as a mechanism, duel rooms are basically that feature, so if it already exists, then implementing it on a larger scale for the purposes of room sharing should be theoretically possible.

Archived