What is the best finisher weapon now that covert lethality has been nerfed?

Sairuken

Question

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

Have you tried using the new Covert Lethality anyway? It no longer auto-kills the enemy, but it adds to initial combo and 100% extra Finisher damage.

I'm trying it out, but I'm interested in the damage calculations since Heavy Weapons seem to have a higher finisher multiplier than daggers according to the wiki.

3 часа назад, Sairuken сказал:

Wanted to make a Fatal Teleport build but came back after a 2 year hiatus to see that covert lethality doesn't work like it used to.

Last time I’ve heared people were using Fragor Prime for finisher shenanigans. 

Other than the already mentioned, Skiajati is also good depending on what you need it for.

Free invis can't hurt between casts if you can let go of some of the damage multipliers of the weapons with the highest finisher damage numbers, besides using it as an all around nice weapon i use it with Ash, Banshee, Umbra, Ivara and Equinox for the finishers.

Ultimately a niche weapon, it can really help f.ex. with stealthing Steel Path Adaro runs faster for the Simaris rep..

23 hours ago, Sairuken said:

I'm trying it out, but I'm interested in the damage calculations since Heavy Weapons seem to have a higher finisher multiplier than daggers according to the wiki.

So, in my tests of Karyst Prime versus Destreza Prime front finishers, Covert Lethality still leaves daggers behind rapiers.   Karyst Prime build was PPP, CL, Primed Fury, PFS, 90% electric, Sac Steel, Organ Shatter.  Last slot I tried both Finishing Touch or a bane mod--both worked out the same as far as max level Nox kills.   (I didn't record, and the exact damage numbers are too hard for me to catch at finisher distance.)  Destreza Prime was the same, but with a bane mod in place of CL.  I used Noxes because the max level Corrupted Heavy Gunners I can spawn (170) die every time to either weapon.  I didn't use Fatal Teleport or any finisher damage ability, so obviously the numbers can go way, way up.

100% insta kill rate max level:

Karyst P: 29

Destreza P: 32

That's instakill though.  Rapiers have a guaranteed slash proc, which ended up 1HKing Noxes to level 40.  

Also that's front finisher only, which is 4x for daggers and 8x for rapiers.  For back finishers (non stealth) daggers don't change, but rapiers have a 24x multiplier.  Hammers are even better, although they don't have the slash proc for the rare things that survive the initial finisher.

I tested briefly versus Elite Crewman  too, to see if maybe the double attack in the dagger front finisher gets around shield gating and makes daggers pull ahead.  And maybe in certain situations it does.  But even with all mods stripped off, the rapier bleed was still killing off 170s, and rapier with Finishing Touch only and dagger with CL only were instakilling them.  Corpus are truly pathetic.

Daggers do have one potentially nice thing going for them though. Their heavy attacks make targets vulnerable to finishers, and CL comes with initial combo. So if you ever want to use non-stealth finishers without relying on Teleport, that's an option.

Archived