Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Only Option

MockingAsp

Please, please, please implement this...

As we all probably know, trying to find a game without a incredibly laggy host is kinda hit or miss (if you never experience this problem, it's because YOU are the host and you ARE the problem :p).

Could we have an option in our Play Online menu that can set our preferences so that we can ALWAYS choose to host (if we know our connections are fairly good) or NEVER host (if we know our connections are bad)? I feel like this could solve a lot of headaches.

Of course, it'd be best if we could minimize the amount of lag present in general, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with having a box to tick for never hosting, as a terrible host myself I hate ruining other peoples experience just because my area has crappy net.

But I do not agree with a host only option. You just know there are those people out there who are terrible hosts but would still use this option just so they never have to worry about lag and don't care about what it is like for other players.

I agree with having a box to tick for never hosting, as a terrible host myself I hate ruining other peoples experience just because my area has crappy net.

But I do not agree with a host only option. You just know there are those people out there who are terrible hosts but would still use this option just so they never have to worry about lag and don't care about what it is like for other players.

Well, ok, maybe the game should check your ping to see if you are eligible host in the first place.

On That note, I think people who select Never Host should also automatically be the last choice during Host Migrations, if you know what I mean.

This game is becoming a nightmare.  I spent the entire day yesterday in one failed group after another because of very bad hosts.  It is so incredibly disrespectful to host when you know (and they know, they will even often apologize up front just after the mission starts) that the experience is going to be horrible.

It is not about being a min / max elitist.  People have lives outside of the game.  Inside the game we set goals.  We have to often grind to get the mats we need for that coveted new weapon or frame.  I want YOU to be able to achieve that goal in the fastest time possible so you can enjoy life outside the game.  I demand the same amount of respect of my time as I respect yours.  It's just that simple.

I want to host 100% of the time so people can take advantage of an ejoyable, lag free experience. People should be able to use their keys but have me host.  I don't know if ping is the only indicator so maybe we can have a player-run feedback rating, which would also help us when you have T1 geared players joining T3 missions.  We need to have a rating system so players with like mindsets can work toward common goals.

Right now there is no incentive to modify bad behavior, so people will continue to join games they shouldn't be joining, or hosting games they shouldn't be hosting knowing full well that they are putting their self interest ahead of the team.  Yeah it's a pub, but it's still a team.

I have a good connection so I have no problem hosting, However my friends have problems with them hosting and i'm unable to connect if they host. I don't know how void keys would work though because isnt the user of the key the automatic host? How would they invite? If these problems can be fixed then cool. =P

I am experiencing a problem where the Alerts and News isnt appearring on the Home Page of the Planets. It started when the update came in for the Gradivus Campaign. 

Its a real pain cause i sit and hunt trying to find the alerts and i never know what is happening in the world of warframe anymore

Please Fix this. Thanks

Either we can see each other ping and decide who should be the host, or else Warframe should have individual regional servers for players, because the lag is really bad.

And to make matter worse, a laggy host totally waste the time you spent if you are in any defense (include MD etc), boss and survival mission. Even if they leave, all the loots are gone.

DE this is an issue that you have to address.

This would be a nice option, though i still feel people with bad connections would still get thrown into the pot. So you could have a bunch of "host only" players with bad connection, thus still at square one.

Even though many of us would like to claim we have awesome internet connections, sometimes they do get bogged down at really odd times. Random program decides to upgrade, ISP throttle, and a whole slew of other things that we simply just dont have control over. Not to mention you could be experiencing problems and not see any side effect because you are hosting. Until someone whispers you telling you to jump off a cliff... people get angry.

So i dont really think it will solve the host issue. The fact still remains that in any matchmaking host system its reliant on consumer grade connections, which are by no means reliable 100% of the time. Even now, set your ping limit to 100 and you will still occasionally get someone with a bad connection. In lobby they had less than 100, but in game..... nope.

Until we really get a system where it can bounce between all players using the best connection (within tolerances, so it doesnt bounce around every possible moment) while not having to go into that "migrating host" screen, we will still have those moments of shooting a Grineer in the face with an entire magazine then 10 seconds later damage ticks appear and its dead. Its just how the matchmaking system works and its a reason why many PC gamers hate it compared to static servers.