Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A couple of suggestions to improve k-drive so we don't all ignore it again post-Yareli

pook-pook

15 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I guess Whimsy is dead then.

If it's not DPS enhancing, it's 'worthless'.

What a boring way to look at Entertainment.

Yeah, I don't get why people seem to take it personal. I like k-drives. It's just there. I leveled them, and use them to mess around with. 

22 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

It's already captured in the true endgame: FashionFrame.

Also, there are plenty of other things that go this route that don't have to be force-fed onto us to make us use stuff we don't like. The arcade games you get from Simaris immediately come to mind here.

2 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

It's already captured in the true endgame: FashionFrame.

Also, there are plenty of other things that go this route that don't have to be force-fed onto us to make us use stuff we don't like. The arcade games you get from Simaris immediately come to mind here.

If you think a game or game maker is 'forcing you' to do anything, IME, it's time to put down the game.

That attitude is the unhealthy one IME, not the outlook of seeing things as simple fun over 'worthless if not adding to DPS/TTK rewards loops'.

No one is forcing you to "gotta catch 'em all" except you and teh peer pressure you allow to 'force' you to do things.

You have choices, no one is controlling you.

33 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

It is worthless becaus it is buggy mess that ragdolls every few meters in most of game where fast movement is key selling point.

In this game one can literally just jump faster than using this shoe-horned in gimmick.

3 minutes ago, OwlOfJune said:

It is worthless becaus it is buggy mess that ragdolls every few meters in most of game where fast movement is key selling point.

In this game one can literally just jump faster than using this shoe-horned in gimmick.

I've said it many times, but it bears repeating. K-Drive wasn't designed for anything other than Orb Vallis (and even has its shortcomings there). Trying to use it in the non-open world zones is an exercise in utter stupidity and the devs should have known this before they ever committed to this foolishness. They thought it would be "cool." It's not. It's trash, through and through. There are ways to salvage her as a frame, but those all involve dumping the K-Drive concept. Let the weirdos that claim to like it (just to be contrarian) scoot around the Vallis with their normal boards while the rest of us soar majestically above their peasantry, and give the rest of us a good frame.

Just now, FrostDragoon said:

I've said it many times, but it bears repeating. K-Drive wasn't designed for anything other than Orb Vallis (and even has its shortcomings there). Trying to use it in the non-open world zones is an exercise in utter stupidity and the devs should have known this before they ever committed to this foolishness. They thought it would be "cool." It's not. It's trash, through and through. There are ways to salvage her as a frame, but those all involve dumping the K-Drive concept. Let the weirdos that claim to like it (just to be contrarian) scoot around the Vallis with their normal boards while the rest of us soar majestically above their peasantry, and give the rest of us a good frame.

It CAN be fun to use in some of Orb Vallis races, as sthing to do between grinds, but the moment it meets any size of rock (despite it being hovering and thus should easily ignore such things) it goes ragdolling for a dozen sec and that gets old after first couple times you see it.

It is nightmareish to use in about in 99% of maps because it wasn't designed to be used in anywhere, and Devs clearly didn't do any kind of test to make sure it would work.

3 minutes ago, OwlOfJune said:

It CAN be fun to use in some of Orb Vallis races, as sthing to do between grinds, but the moment it meets any size of rock (despite it being hovering and thus should easily ignore such things) it goes ragdolling for a dozen sec and that gets old after first couple times you see it.

It is nightmareish to use in about in 99% of maps because it wasn't designed to be used in anywhere, and Devs clearly didn't do any kind of test to make sure it would work.

It's actually hard to believe it has as many issues/bugs as it does, even for this game. If they legit wanted it to be a form of transportation at least, why is it so slow (even with mods)? Then if they do make it faster, it only proves how awful it is in any normal zone. It literally does nothing it set out to.

2 hours ago, OwlOfJune said:

Apparently the original intention was to make Orb Vallis as K-Drive only open world with Archwing unable to be used due to air current or sthing.

THAT might have given Orb Vallis a very different flavor to Plains of Eidolon if they went hard with it, perhaps Cambrion Drift having only-Nercamech for similar reasons. 

...But then they must have realized how buggy and slow K-drives were, allowed Archwing on every open world and forgot to check if K-drives can actually be used on those floors (because with the rate of how often these supposed 'hover' boards crash I cannot believe it was even tested), so they stay dead as they were on arrival.

Actually, you know what the funny thing is?

They used to be a lot more stable on launch. Then they implemented a patch which:

a) sharply reduced the amount of XP you got from grinding on rails, thus making an already boring and painstaking grind even more boring and painstaking.

b) very sharply reduced the stability, meaning that areas which you could and did previously travel smoothly on, you started falling off your skateboard.

c) added a mod which gave you back a small portion of the stability that you once had.

Think about this for a sec. They were already terrible when compared to the other transport system (archwings) because you were slower, confined to the ground, couldn't shoot and had no abilities... and DE explicitly went and made them worse. The "stability" mod was just the icing on the cake, saying that they know full well what they just did and are going to rub it in.

The only conclusion I can think of is that someone there actively wanted to kill them, but couldn't find a way to take them out of the game.

With the magus drive arcane and all of the boost mods you can actually go pretty fast, but the issue is that speed isn't really accessable. Locking meaningful speed behind two arduous grinds (ventikids and vox solaris) shuts people off from trying k-drive entirely. Even if they were faster, archwing still eclipses the speed of k-drives in open worlds.

More important than speed, especially if DE have any plans to integrate k-drive into normal missions or RJ would be to look into stabillity. When moving quickly, even more so with magus drive active, the slightest nudge or even nothing can send you into a 10 second long ragdoll.

26 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Actually, you know what the funny thing is?

They used to be a lot more stable on launch. Then they implemented a patch which:

a) sharply reduced the amount of XP you got from grinding on rails, thus making an already boring and painstaking grind even more boring and painstaking.

b) very sharply reduced the stability, meaning that areas which you could and did previously travel smoothly on, you started falling off your skateboard.

c) added a mod which gave you back a small portion of the stability that you once had.

Think about this for a sec. They were already terrible when compared to the other transport system (archwings) because you were slower, confined to the ground, couldn't shoot and had no abilities... and DE explicitly went and made them worse. The "stability" mod was just the icing on the cake, saying that they know full well what they just did and are going to rub it in.

The only conclusion I can think of is that someone there actively wanted to kill them, but couldn't find a way to take them out of the game.

4 minutes ago, MasterBQ said:

With the magus drive arcane and all of the boost mods you can actually go pretty fast, but the issue is that speed isn't really accessable. Locking meaningful speed behind two arduous grinds (ventikids and vox solaris) shuts people off from trying k-drive entirely. Even if they were faster, archwing still eclipses the speed of k-drives in open worlds.

More important than speed, especially if DE have any plans to integrate k-drive into normal missions or RJ would be to look into stabillity. When moving quickly, even more so with magus drive active, the slightest nudge or even nothing can send you into a 10 second long ragdoll.

My guess is they realized how much of fail those were, and desperately wanted to pay ppl attention to it, but instead of fixing it, decided 'look at this silly ragdoll haha' route because it was so dead on arrival that nothing they could do save it.

Honestly, it should have remained VERY side-objective thing like Frame Fighter or Happy Zephyr instead of current less-than-halfhearted attempt to shoehorn them into game.

2 hours ago, SuperFuret said:

Shhh... let people enjoy things.

Sure, just do it separately. Don't put that trash into frames' kits.

Easy example:
I love archwing. Always have. They didn't require people to do a bunch of crappy tasks (most having nothing to do with actual missions) and weird stunts in an archwing to unlock Titania, and last I checked, people could Helminth her 4 away if they so choose.

il y a 7 minutes, FrostDragoon a dit :

Sure, just do it separately. Don't put that trash into frames' kits.

There is 46 other warframes pal

And yeah the k-drive warframe is linked to k-drive what a surprise...

You should thank DE for putting the parts in the dojo at the last minute instead of ventkids store because you all whined so much about k-drives.

Poor Yareli bashed as soon as the youtube game saw she will use a k-drive.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Same was done with titania. People can't grasp the fact not every single frame has to have 4 abilities/theme/passive/features appealing to them. I'm just glad DE knows that.

🙌

6 hours ago, SuperFuret said:

Shhh... let people enjoy things.

👏

I mostly ignored K-drive not long after it was launched, and that was years before Yareli lol. there's two main reasons I don't like them, and surprisingly, not because they're "out of place"; I see no reason why in the insane sci-fi future of warframe that we wouldn't have hoverboards. but those reasons are:

- the people that the K-Drives are associated with, both in regards to Yareli and the Vent Kids, are cringe in it's purest form: I wouldn't have minded so much if they were just ordinary kids, that spoke ordinary english, I'd be fine with that. hearing them talk makes me want to draw my Secondary weapon and use it on myself. I don't know what DE were going for with them, if they were trying to be "cool", but please; never make NPCs like the Ventkids again. when i heard we were getting a K-drive frame, I facepalmed; when I saw that same frame have kawaii animations, I facepalmed again.

- the K-drives themselves are outclassed in all categories: speed? Archwing and certain warframe abilities are faster. protection? Necramechs can travel at the same speed and are nigh invincible when modded properly. style? I think mechanical wings or an armored gun-toting robot powered by a skeleton are actually more stylish than a metal plank with tiny jet engines on the back. there's nowhere in the game at all where K-drives are required or even useful, in terms of mission layout: they're no good on regular tilesets (as anybody who's tried  using Yareli will attest), and they aren't fast enough to keep up with other vehicles on open maps. 

they probably would've made sense if they were the first vehicles we got, instead of Archwing. to me the natural progression would be standard running/parkour/travel abilities only > K-drive offering faster travel on land > Archwing offering even faster travel and the advantages of being airborne. if they were first, and/or made so newer players accessed them first before Archwing and Mechs, they might have been better received: we'd have said "OMG we have hoverboards now!" instead of "hoverboards... but they're slower than archwing... yaaaaay..".

sadly it's too late to undo either of these things now. I just hope that our next vehicle isn't so useless. (if it's that horse from Duviri, it'll be a K-Drive with legs and no tricks, calling it now)

6 hours ago, SuperFuret said:

You should thank DE for putting the parts in the dojo at the last minute instead of ventkids store because you all whined so much about k-drives.

As she should be. The only other content I can think of that people like less is possibly Conclave. Putting K-Drive on a frame was a huge mistake. There's a very good reason DE is getting so much backlash about it.

7 hours ago, SuperFuret said:

Poor Yareli still gets bashed because literally none of her skills are useful and do not synergy.

Also her K-Drive, is so buggy on majority of tiles that it is so clear it wasn't tested even once.

Just now, OwlOfJune said:

Poor Yareli still gets bashed because literally none of her skills are useful and do not synergy.

Also her K-Drive, is so buggy on majority of tiles that it is so clear it wasn't tested even once.

There really are so many facets to why she's so poorly received, but I defy anyone to tell me that the backlash would have been the same if she had been released without the K-Drive gimmick and was just underwhelming power-wise. It would be a ludicrous assertion.

10 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

I love archwing.

people say this but fun fact people hate archwing nodes oh i heard you like archwing well pandora / saturn is a pursuit or how about caelus / uranus its interception kepler / phobos is a rush if you wana go fast but its funny how people love archwing so much but the nodes never have any squads

its almost like people only like archwing for the open worlds and only because its faster with the blink ability

1 minute ago, lowgrav said:

people say this but fun fact people hate archwing nodes oh i heard you like archwing well pandora / saturn is a pursuit or how about caelus / uranus its interception kepler / phobos is a rush if you wana go fast but its funny how people love archwing so much but the nodes never have any squads

its almost like people only like archwing for the open worlds and only because its faster with the blink ability

Or you can love archwing but hate certain missions. Sabotage and Mobile D are my most played archwing mission types and I would play Interception more if there were squads for it. There's also an issue of the rewards, lack of arsenal options for the mode, lack of mission nodes for this mode, etc. I would put money on the idea that if they expanded it, it would grow in popularity.

Il y a 8 heures, (PSN)robotwars7 a dit :

the people that the K-Drives are associated with, both in regards to Yareli and the Vent Kids, are cringe in it's purest form

Well kids and teens kinda are. And they have their own slang. I agree Boon overplays sometimes but it didn't bother me much, but english isn't my first language

the K-drives themselves are outclassed in all categories: speed? Archwing and certain warframe abilities are faster. protection? Necramechs can travel at the same speed and are nigh invincible when modded properly.

No.

At this time, only archwing can beat a k-drive full speed build + magus drive at this moment. I compared it to a video with Gauss and Volt max build racing. Maybe you can if you get buffs from your teammate but it's highly impractical.

style? I think mechanical wings or an armored gun-toting robot powered by a skeleton are actually more stylish than a metal plank with tiny jet engines on the back

Your taste here.

I like the jets. I like going full Nausicaa mode and ride my little flying omu even more.

they probably would've made sense if they were the first vehicles we got

They kinda are. You have to be in a clan or build your own to get the archwing launcher. K-drive helps the time you still lack the ressources to build it.

Il y a 5 heures, OwlOfJune a dit :

JFC, imagine being this bootlicking to a game company that made a S#&$ty game character

Bringing nuance isn't bootlicking. Nobody said everything they do is perfect. Also if you see such a character in Yareli, maybe you should get some help asap.

But you probably didn't raise a finger with wisp or the daughter. Or for lOrE bReaKiNg idLe aNimAtiOn like limbo's hat, Inaros doing the mummy thing, Gara clapping, Excal smoking ect.

Like this is the first time there is cute or silly stuff in this game.

I think the clown rewards is to these guys edgelording around saying this is to «anime» 

In a game about kids in mechas of flesh and metal  

Il y a 5 heures, OwlOfJune a dit :

Sure, she still needs polish, but people overeacted on this one.

The only true problem with Merulina right now is doors. They don' t open fast enough and other are too low. Other than that it is fine. But learning new stuff is to much to handle I see...

Oh and yeah they tested it for sure. Everything has been made to not fall of merulina easily. Also the fact that we can't mod it is probably because they realise most people wouldn't handle moded/magus drived speed on normal nodes (also because of juice maybe)

They even improve normal k-drives. If you choke on invisible stuff now, it's more likely to be linked to ping or framerate

Il y a 2 heures, FrostDragoon a dit :

I would put money on the idea that if they expanded it, it would grow in popularity

Come on. We know what would happen. Whining. «no one likes archwing missions» «who asked for this ??»  stuff like that

15 minutes ago, SuperFuret said:

At this time, only archwing can beat a k-drive full speed build + magus drive at this moment. I compared it to a video with Gauss and Volt max build racing. Maybe you can if you get buffs from your teammate but it's highly impractical.

Nobody runs that arcane because K-Drives are only usable in 3 maps and Archwing is better.

Bringing nuance isn't bootlicking. Nobody said everything they do is perfect. Also if you see such a character in Yareli, maybe you should get some help asap.

You instantly lose all credibility the second you say something like this. It proves you have no point when you have to resort to this. Also, you're sitting here trying to defend the indefensible. If that isn't boot-licking, I don't know what you think would be.

Sure, she still needs polish, but people overeacted on this one.

The only true problem with Merulina right now is doors. They don' t open fast enough and other are too low. Other than that it is fine. But learning new stuff is to much to handle I see...

Oh and yeah they tested it for sure. Everything has been made to not fall of merulina easily. Also the fact that we can't mod it is probably because they realise most people wouldn't handle moded/magus drived speed on normal nodes (also because of juice maybe)

They even improve normal k-drives. If you choke on invisible stuff now, it's more likely to be linked to ping or framerate

The problem with the frame is K-Drive itself. Your own argument about why they don't let you mod Merulina points to this. Everyone knew it was a horrible idea, but someone at DE had a huge hard-on for the concept, so they let it through anyway despite all the obvious problems. And the idea that they tested it is simply LAUGHABLE given how it actually performs in normal missions.

You can't fix her until you divorce K-Drive from her. You can't fix K-Drive until you find some purpose for it to serve that isn't completely overshadowed by Archwings or Mechs. "Cute" isn't good enough, especially when most of the associations people have with it are that of cringe, not cute.

Come on. We know what would happen. Whining. «no one likes archwing missions» «who asked for this ??»  stuff like that

That happens no matter what they do, but that wasn't my argument. I'm saying it would gain popularity if they actually gave it the attention it deserves.

il y a 38 minutes, FrostDragoon a dit :

Nobody runs that arcane because K-Drives are only usable in 3 maps and Archwing is better

And ? They're still faster than gauss, that was my point.

il y a 39 minutes, FrostDragoon a dit :

You instantly lose all credibility the second you say something like this

I'm sorry but if you see underage or underage looking characters as waifu materials its time to ask yourself a few questions.

Beside, Yareli is only a younger warframe like Nezha is. Nothing more. Not something to attract a certain audience. 

il y a 51 minutes, FrostDragoon a dit :

You can't fix her until you divorce K-Drive from her. You can't fix K-Drive until you find some purpose for it to serve that isn't completely overshadowed by Archwings or Mechs.

Yes, we get it, you hate K-drive to the core, to the point to say it everywhere. Like I said earlier : there is other frames to play. If K-drive was so horrible, why leaderboards aren't empty like conclave is ? So much for abandonned content 👀. But it required a little bit of time and practice so it bugs people like you.

In the your main argument is the same as everyone else :

Archwings are better than k-drive,  therefore k-drives are pointless. 

so why bother ?

🗻 BECAUSE IT'S THERE 🗻

Archived