Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A couple of suggestions to improve k-drive so we don't all ignore it again post-Yareli

pook-pook

2 hours ago, SuperFuret said:

Bringing nuance isn't bootlicking. Nobody said everything they do is perfect. Also if you see such a character in Yareli, maybe you should get some help asap.

But you probably didn't raise a finger with wisp or the daughter. Or for lOrE bReaKiNg idLe aNimAtiOn like limbo's hat, Inaros doing the mummy thing, Gara clapping, Excal smoking ect.

Like this is the first time there is cute or silly stuff in this game.

I think the clown rewards is to these guys edgelording around saying this is to «anime» 

In a game about kids in mechas of flesh and metal  

Sure, she still needs polish, but people overeacted on this one.

The only true problem with Merulina right now is doors. They don' t open fast enough and other are too low. Other than that it is fine. But learning new stuff is to much to handle I see...

Oh and yeah they tested it for sure. Everything has been made to not fall of merulina easily. Also the fact that we can't mod it is probably because they realise most people wouldn't handle moded/magus drived speed on normal nodes (also because of juice maybe)

They even improve normal k-drives. If you choke on invisible stuff now, it's more likely to be linked to ping or framerate

Come on. We know what would happen. Whining. «no one likes archwing missions» «who asked for this ??»  stuff like that

Congratulations! You completely missed my point and assumed totally different issue.

I said her GAMEPLAY is un-fun and weak. I play around rabbit ears and tubes with whacky pink colors, I have exactly zero issue with her being kawaii or whatever.

Her skills barely synergy with each other and is weak and her unmoddable drive is inferior version of what is already worse way of travel in this game.

1 hour ago, SuperFuret said:

And ? They're still faster than gauss, that was my point.

Not without that arcane, and even then, it's better to be Gauss than to ride a K-Drive.

I'm sorry but if you see underage or underage looking characters as waifu materials its time to ask yourself a few questions.

Beside, Yareli is only a younger warframe like Nezha is. Nothing more. Not something to attract a certain audience. 

Nobody said this, except you. I think you might be projecting a lot. Do I need to get Chris Hansen in here?

Also, way to double-down on destroying your own credibility there. Good stuff.

In the your main argument is the same as everyone else :

Archwings are better than k-drive,  therefore k-drives are pointless. 

For someone who likes to accuse me of saying it everywhere, you somehow still managed to not get the point. A truly impressive feat!

The main point is that Yareli is utterly ruined by the K-Drive gimmick and you can't even talk about fixing her with any seriousness until they separate the two.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nothing will ever make me touch that horrible system willingly. Nothing, nada, zip, inget and so on. And that is coming from someone who played the old THPS on PS1 like a madman.

It needs to be nuked from orbit.

I played a bunch of the THPS games, Cool Boarders, SSX, etc back in the day. The problem isn't that I don't like that kind of gameplay, it's that it doesn't belong in WF and is extremely poorly done, buggy, and forced.

7 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

I played a bunch of the THPS games, Cool Boarders, SSX, etc back in the day. The problem isn't that I don't like that kind of gameplay, it's that it doesn't belong in WF and is extremely poorly done, buggy, and forced.

I feel the exact same way. It feels unnatural on so many levels in WF.

Il y a 10 heures, OwlOfJune a dit :

JFC, imagine being this bootlicking to a game company that made a S#&$ty game character.

You were certainly talking about gameplay there he ?

il y a une heure, FrostDragoon a dit :

Nobody said this, except you. I think you might be projecting a lot. Do I need to get Chris Hansen in here?

I am not the one bringing this to the table dear, read the thread better please. Also this not the only one complaining on this subject, a lot of dudes saying Warframe is becoming genshin impact because of Yareli (and calling every one defending her gamelay a s1mp )

But yeah tru3 g4mers, they care only about the meta, they can't stand that a thing aren't created for them specifically. They prefer to see the content removed than to see other people than them having fun. 

As a k-drive player, I like Yareli. She is very fun and have potential. And this have to do with Merulina 

I don't like lavos  that much, but I'll never scream everywhere there is no point to play him  because I don't like cooldowns, that would be stupid, so don' t do it, especially on stuff you oviously bearly even tried.

4 hours ago, SuperFuret said:

Oh and yeah they tested it for sure. Everything has been made to not fall of merulina easily. Also the fact that we can't mod it is probably because they realise most people wouldn't handle moded/magus drived speed on normal nodes (also because of juice maybe)

If they had actually tested it properly we wouldnt have gotten Merulina as part of the kit, since it simply isnt gameplay friendly on small maps. Heck, K-Drives handle poorly on open maps too. Merulina should have been a visual while the controls should have stayed with the core Warframe movement. Bullet jump and Merulina jumps with you and when you land you embark her again. Rolling could have been solved with a standing board spin and so on. All of it could have been solved with animations that dont impact gameplay.

20 minutes ago, SuperFuret said:

I am not the one bringing this to the table dear, read the thread better please. Also this not the only one complaining on this subject, a lot of dudes saying Warframe is becoming genshin impact because of Yareli (and calling every one defending her gamelay a s1mp )

And I wasn't one of them, so don't try to lump me in with them. I didn't suggest you were a boot-licker because of your s*mpery--I suggested you were a boot-licker because you are defending the worst feature outside of PvP in the game, a feature that has no place outside of 1 map and is merely "available" in 2 others. However, you were the one between us to say she was cute while I (and others) described all the stuff surrounding K-Drive as cringe. Even if frames are made attractive, that isn't something I would object to, so it's the farthest thing from the point that you could possibly get.

23 minutes ago, SuperFuret said:

As a k-drive player, I like Yareli. She is very fun and have potential. And this have to do with Merulina 

Yeah, she has the potential to go straight into the wall on every orbiter without a second's hesitation.

24 minutes ago, SuperFuret said:

especially on stuff you oviously bearly even tried.

I tried it enough to see it was trash. Diving into that dumpster for longer periods of time won't suddenly make it not trash.

Il y a 3 heures, OwlOfJune a dit :

Yes. I was saying she was bad game character there?

My bad then. But what was that weird word suposed to mean then ? Did you applied typo to it or something ? I'm on my phone and it looked like you wrote smp in a weird way. Regardless, I think we can all agree that when you don't like brocoli, you say «I don't like brocoli», not «brocolis are trash»

Il y a 4 heures, FrostDragoon a dit :

I suggested you were a boot-licker because you are defending the worst feature outside of PvP in the game

That is the problem with this sad individual I'm quoting here, so unable to understand someone else enjoy something they don't they accuse this someone of bootlicking.

Kdrives are great once you master it. Full speed races are a blast. Yareli movement is manageable once you get the rythme to it.

Not enjoying k-drives or Yareli is fine, but scaring new players or saying to someone proposing fixes to make it more accessible that it is trash and the only fix needed is the removal -1 isn't helping -2 is a bad attitude. If you think k-drive are this worthless, just scroll by.

I got to page 2 of the quest and stopped as it is not fun. The hints for controls are either wrong, don't work or the proper context for their use is not mentioned. Even if all that were fixed K-Drives are no fun.  Want to make them usable then change them so they instant kill corpus (but only corpus) and I will ride it non stop on corpus maps.

On 2021-07-25 at 10:55 AM, OwlOfJune said:

Poor Yareli still gets bashed because literally none of her skills are useful and do not synergy.

Also her K-Drive, is so buggy on majority of tiles that it is so clear it wasn't tested even once.

I think her other 3 abilities although not really brilliant still averagely good enough, but she is unlikely to get high usage or any usage really. The K-drive is just useless in normal missions where it's mostly narrow rooms. In Plains we have....K-drives so she still doesn't stand out in any possible way. Her comic is pretty neat though so DE can work on #2 and #3 or so, might actually sell more than the actual warframe.

Whether you like her or not, she's the k-drive frame. Prefer archwing? Play titania. I accept her theme. Now they need to turn those dials way up so she doesn't suck.

A lot of people don't like k-drive. No problem. Yareli isn't for you. You've got a ton of other frames to choose from.

I'd like to be able to mod her exalted drive, and I'd like to see more synergy between abilities in her kit. It would be neat if you could hold to activate a vapor trail on her 2 that caused enemies to drown. I'd like to see her 3 "pop" her 1 causing aoe damage or some other boon, perhaps instant ammo restore on her weapon. Just some random ideas but make the boons good enough and people will play her. Another idea would be anything currently cc'd by her 1 could be teleported instantly within her 4 on cast for an amplified nuke.

I probably should've posted this in yareli feedback but oh well.

K drive is clunky but could definitely benefit from some "smoothing" out. Wiping out takes far too long. Having to watch yourself ragdoll for 5s is a waste.

Archived