Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS5 Controller on PC

Rawbeard

Question

I tried using my PS5 controller in Warframe, and all it was able to do is move the camera and the weird pivot thingy that I didn't even remember existing after the PS3. does anyone have any experience with that thing to make it work? it otherwise works fine with other games, so it is probably not an issue with the controller, or Steam giving its best to support it. probably.

unrelated: what the hell is up with the tags in this subforum? are we not allowed to ask about anything but those 5 topics?

7 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

where can I get that? their site links to a version from 2016, which... I somehow doubt will work very well

Actually, that's the version I'm using although as I said for the PS4 controller. It looks like someone else picked up the project, so you could try here: https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases. Last release was only a couple of weeks ago.

I've been using DS4Windows to use my PS4 controller when I play Warframe on PC. It looks like it works for the PS5 controllers as well. It 'emulates' an Xbox 360 controller to Windows, so you may need to change some of the button assignments, but I find that it works well for Warframe.

For some reason the native support doesn't work well for Warframe on Steam and yet it works fine on other games.

12 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

xbox1s's new controller

have been using those the last couple of years, but I just can't get used to the stupid layout. getting a PS controller recently was like a revelation, so it's worth the hassle. though so far only Warframe is refusing to not be a $&*^ about it.

got it kinda to work, but the sensitivity is so off the charts, it's unplayable for me. yes, I reduced it to nothing and it didn't change much, if anything. oh well, not much of a loss, just wanted to use if for K-Drive shenanigans anyway.

8 hours ago, Soy77 said:

i end up buying xbox1s's new controller that works out of the box with win10.

Isn't it funny that a Microsoft Product works well with a Microsoft Product...

As @Rawbeard pointed out, this issue only happens with Warframe on Steam and the sensitivity is off the charts no matter how far you turn it down. I can use my PS4 controller just fine with other Steam games - Portal 2 for example - without needing to use DS4Windows. I have no idea why this is, but it does seem to be Warframe specific.

15 hours ago, (PSN)crashteddy03 said:

Actually, that's the version I'm using although as I said for the PS4 controller. It looks like someone else picked up the project, so you could try here: https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases. Last release was only a couple of weeks ago.

Oh so it does work for the Dualsense. Good to know

Archived