Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Golden Instinct (Rk15 Helminth Ability)

FrostDragoon

I was looking forward to trying this ability out, but then I saw this video and realized it was designed *extremely* poorly.

Change it to be much simpler. This need not be a spam ability of any kind, especially since it replaces combat abilities. Just make it so that it puts permanent markers on your minimap for the locations of notable treasures. No range limit. No duration. No recasting. No energy cost. Just press it at the start of mission and go find the treasure. THIS would be how you make this concept worthy of a Rank 15 ability.

Seeing this video tells me that this ability saw no testing whatsoever before release...

• 3 weeks later...
Le 24/07/2021 à 07:43, FrostDragoon a dit :

I was looking forward to trying this ability out, but then I saw this video and realized it was designed *extremely* poorly.

Change it to be much simpler. This need not be a spam ability of any kind, especially since it replaces combat abilities. Just make it so that it puts permanent markers on your minimap for the locations of notable treasures. No range limit. No duration. No recasting. No energy cost. Just press it at the start of mission and go find the treasure. THIS would be how you make this concept worthy of a Rank 15 ability.

Seeing this video tells me that this ability saw no testing whatsoever before release...

They tested it..

Its 'Pretty', is what they said and kept it.

il y a 21 minutes, FrostDragoon a dit :

Do you happen to main Nekros?

rg9DkZi.png

Was comments on his 

'Seeing this video tells me that this ability saw no testing whatsoever before release...'

you see its missing allot it could do.  Like Venus there are a TON of things hiding out in that open cold area.  Including allot of story line.

Then there are Soma, statues, CD's, Cephelon frag, Everything that we use scanners for that ARNT being found.  Most time based on "you have to be on the same level", for it to Be seen by scanners.

1 minute ago, ECACA said:

Was comments on his 

'Seeing this video tells me that this ability saw no testing whatsoever before release...'

you see its missing allot it could do.  Like Venus there are a TON of things hiding out in that open cold area.  Including allot of story line.

Then there are Soma, statues, CD's, Cephelon frag, Everything that we use scanners for that ARNT being found.  Most time based on "you have to be on the same level", for it to Be seen by scanners.

Oh, don't get me wrong. GI definitely needs a massive overhaul to be good. I've played with it a bit on Wukong (since I don't use him for much else), and it's hot garbage through and through. Total disappointment. Throw it in the dumpster fire, then bury the dumpster, then poor 30ft of cement over it.

The meme was just because the post was 3 weeks old and was suddenly brought back from the dead.

il y a 43 minutes, FrostDragoon a dit :

Oh, don't get me wrong. GI definitely needs a massive overhaul to be good. I've played with it a bit on Wukong (since I don't use him for much else), and it's hot garbage through and through. Total disappointment. Throw it in the dumpster fire, then bury the dumpster, then poor 30ft of cement over it.

The meme was just because the post was 3 weeks old and was suddenly brought back from the dead.

If you want a Hard opinion.  Most of this game is based on Tenno controlling the warframes, and the word WAR has no real meaning to how they created the game or designed the abilities.

Sniper guns have no real use in this game.  but we have them and ranking them up is a real pain.  There are no REAL assassination missions that Need you to be quiet, find a spot and kill the target.  Just run around and kill everything.

Most missions that are based on NOT killing everything, NEED MORE POINTS, because if you dont kill at least 1/2 the ship you dont get that much.  try to be sneaky and rescue 1 person, try to be a spy and not kill to many ppl.

Military weapons are design for 1 allot of things.  It has to kill, it has to be accurate, it has to be SIMPLE so anyone can use it without hassle.  If it takes 5 seconds to reload any weapon in a RUSH situation, you are not using a good weapon.  This is a fantasy nightmare, and they forgot or dont even know what is CURRENTLY available.  Like great gun sights.  Like scanners that work better horizontally then above or below.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Cris0407:

Like what?

all of the loot detector mods or just memorizing the positions of bonus loot?
kuria are locked to positions
Fragments are normal in mission
syndicate medalions are in syndicat missions anyways
Stabotage cashes are shown on loot radar and are always in the mission
the only things to miss are maybe ayatan skulptures and rare container but the containers you can hear ....
and ayatans you just could say every mission has one so you search the mission or you dont well not that them a matter that mutch anyways

7 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

all of the loot detector mods or just memorizing the positions of bonus loot?
kuria are locked to positions
Fragments are normal in mission
syndicate medalions are in syndicat missions anyways
Stabotage cashes are shown on loot radar and are always in the mission
the only things to miss are maybe ayatan skulptures and rare container but the containers you can hear ....
and ayatans you just could say every mission has one so you search the mission or you dont well not that them a matter that mutch anyways

True yet 

Using instinct is 1s and You know...

Searching trough whole map? Few mins maybe even 10?

Nobody is forcing to use this ability.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Cris0407:

im doing that for years im basicly low at 3 mins and hight depending on maps like jupiter 15

vor 17 Minuten schrieb LillyRaccune:

Warframe has made several additions to the game to make it more accessible for the deaf and colour blind. There may be some things I'd like Golden Instinct to do dfifferently, but it is filling a need.

like haveing an ability for people that should have a choice in the options to change the game settings to match their shortcomings like show a treasure chest icon instead of the ring sound or something ? and for the colorblind i never heard of a black white color blindness what the colors of the loot radar would be.

4 hours ago, Cris0407 said:

True yet 

Using instinct is 1s and You know...

Nobody is forcing to use this ability.

I can find all 3 caches in a sabotage mission and finish the mission in 5 mins tops. Using golden instinct takes longer than searching manually because of three reasons

1.  the casting animation plays longer than the directional portion of it
  2.  It's bloody hard to see on certain tiles because it uses energy colour (shouldn't have to manually change frame energy depending on tileset to make this easier to see)
  3.  The way it paths through the levels wastes the duration of it's direction. It will happily lead you to a set of stairs and that's it.

You know what would be more useful? A Purple waypoint that shows on the room itself. Have it last 10 seconds and only appear on tile edges to guide you to the tile. You could have it be time limited still if you wanted. This would tell you if it was in the room you are in, direct you directly to the way to the next tiles if it's not, and still require players to look around for the actual object which they clearly want with the way it's currently designed. for open worlds have it direct you to within 50m or something.

Even better make it so it detects unscanned lore fragments, somachord, and frame fighter fragments.

Or skip all this garbage and just make it a GPS so it can actually be useful. Having to recast it constantly makes it super weak, especially since it doesn't always behave how you think it should. There are rooms where it will say "Barren," but then go into another room and it'll point to something random (like a Kuria). The cooldown makes it ridiculous. It would be at least somewhat better if you could recast it at will. The casting animation taking up its very short duration is also pure cancer.

The only thing Iv found, looking for the soma on venus(over 10), is 1 after about 2 hours of searching, and THIS didnt find it.  My looting did, and only  while flying, which seems strange.

Being a random of a random, means it may not be on the map anyway. but the map is about 2500x2700, Pretty close to square(the map is off, and why I get confused by it).  there are 50+ locations to scan and I have a range set to 500m, so about 5 jumps each side and then cover the middle.

Im going in to try it out, AGAIN, and without Loot detector.

31 minutes ago, ECACA said:

The only thing Iv found, looking for the soma on venus(over 10), is 1 after about 2 hours of searching, and THIS didnt find it.  My looting did, and only  while flying, which seems strange.

Being a random of a random, means it may not be on the map anyway. but the map is about 2500x2700, Pretty close to square(the map is off, and why I get confused by it).  there are 50+ locations to scan and I have a range set to 500m, so about 5 jumps each side and then cover the middle.

Im going in to try it out, AGAIN, and without Loot detector.

it doesn't pick up somachords at all currently. I tested this last week by finding one, leaving it unscanned and standing right next it. Golden instinct says the area is barren.

il y a 30 minutes, Drasiel a dit :

it doesn't pick up somachords at all currently. I tested this last week by finding one, leaving it unscanned and standing right next it. Golden instinct says the area is barren.

thanks, 

Just did the same, even recorded it.

I wonder if this thing even works out doors.  Should go try Earth, but dont know if there are any outside.

3 hours ago, ECACA said:

thanks, 

Just did the same, even recorded it.

I wonder if this thing even works out doors.  Should go try Earth, but dont know if there are any outside.

there's the glass fish, which are technically a type of lore fragment so it should pick them up according to the description. Sadly I couldn't test those because I'd already found all the current ones.

Finally got this unlocked a couple days ago and was excited to go looking for Kuria without sitting through a bunch of YouTube videos.

Golden Instinct is really disappointing.  It takes longer to flitter around your Warframe than it does heading toward the nearest secret.  The 20 second cooldown on top of that is just unkind to your players.  We grind for so much in this game already, waiting 20 seconds between activating a barely useful tracking skill is kind of a bummer.

About the only good thing I can say about Golden Instinct as designed is that at least it doesn't consume energy when the area is barren.

Please redesign Golden Instinct, DE.  It should be more useful and friendlier to gameplay.  It takes a lot to unlock this skill, which has very niche gameplay utility.  And I cannot overstate how much of its utility is handily circumvented by out-of-game information sources for tracking Kuria or a well-developed Animal Instinct/Primed Animal Instinct for Syndicate medallions and such.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hooligonzo said:

Finally got this unlocked a couple days ago and was excited to go looking for Kuria without sitting through a bunch of YouTube videos.

Golden Instinct is really disappointing.  It takes longer to flitter around your Warframe than it does heading toward the nearest secret.  The 20 second cooldown on top of that is just unkind to your players.  We grind for so much in this game already, waiting 20 seconds between activating a barely useful tracking skill is kind of a bummer.

About the only good thing I can say about Golden Instinct as designed is that at least it doesn't consume energy when the area is barren.

Please redesign Golden Instinct, DE.  It should be more useful and friendlier to gameplay.  It takes a lot to unlock this skill, which has very niche gameplay utility.  And I cannot overstate how much of its utility is handily circumvented by out-of-game information sources for tracking Kuria or a well-developed Animal Instinct/Primed Animal Instinct for Syndicate medallions and such.

It really is just one footstep outside of utter uselessness.

This ability needs to lead you all the way to the nearest special item and not just 3 meters. I honestly feel lied to when seeing the gameplay showcase for the ability.
I sincerely thought it was a bug when I tried it out, but then I realized that the ability was simply designed to be worthless and only get people to waste their time with leveling the helminth system to max.
Please either do one of the following:

1. Actually make the ability function without any stops or breaks, and guide you all the way to the items.
  2. The ability needs the description to state clearly that it will only lead you 3 meters towards the special item. making sure that you are telling the players right away that it is not worth the grind at all.
  3. Fully remove the ability.

Pick one of the three options and run with it.

This left such a sour taste in my mouth that I think I'll take a year or two away from the game again.

• 2 weeks later...

well i thought it would come to this so soon but yeah where was my sugestion to get titania a noclip augment again ...

or can someone explain to me how i should go throuh that wall ?
Warframe0619.jpgWarframe0622.jpg
Warframe0623.jpg
realy no idea what could be a position there and how to get there nothing on my map either

Archived