Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Mods Category and How to Use it Properly?

(PSN)tigagelas

Question

Hello,

I have question about mods. I've seen mods have category such as "meleee" "swords", etc. I'm also realize that mods display in upgrade menu each weapon is for them only. But I a bit confused about a few things:

1. Let's say I'm using thrown melee. Are the effect of mods "melee" only applies to the weapon? Like increase 15% damage for melee is that applies for "thrown melee"? Or it just applies when Im using the thrown melee for close combat (not thrown).

2. Some companion have different mods category. Such as Taxon can use mods sentinel and robotic. Is the effect also applies? (related to question number 1).

Thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

In general, if you can equip a mod on a piece of equipment, that piece of equipment will benefit from it.  The only exception I can think of right now is Firestorm/Fulmination on a non-explosive weapon.

As for those examples you bring up, the ontology of Warframe equipment is that everything belongs to a Category and all Categories are grouped hierarchically.  Each piece of equipment can use any mod that is meant for either its Category, or any of its Super/Parent Categories, going all the way up.

So suppose I had a (currently) Rank 25 Taxon, for example.  My Taxon is a Taxon, which is a Sentinel, which is a Robotic, which is a Companion.  So my Taxon can use all mods meant for Taxons, Sentinels, Robotics and Companions.  However, it cannot use any mods meant for Dethcube (which is another type of Sentinel), or any mods meant for MOAs (which is another type of Robotic), or any mods meant for Beasts (which is another type of Companion).

If you wish to understand where a piece of equipment sits what what mods it can use, I highly recommend the Warframe wiki.  Here's Taxon's page, for example, and you can click on the "Sentinels" link near the top to browse up the hierarchy:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Taxon

Only very specific Mod could be shown while having no effect on the weapons/WF/companion you are modding. The one which come to my mind is for AOE rifle (I miss its name -> Firestorm, thanks to MqToasty ;) )  but is show also for "normal" rifles, bullet speed mod also appear even for weapons without Diminution stat (It's called Diminution in english?). I think mod to silent your weapons could appear on already silent ones.

So, as a general rule : if a mod is show, it give some benefit and is applicable.

4 hours ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

Hello,

I have question about mods. I've seen mods have category such as "meleee" "swords", etc. I'm also realize that mods display in upgrade menu each weapon is for them only. But I a bit confused about a few things:

1. Let's say I'm using thrown melee. Are the effect of mods "melee" only applies to the weapon? Like increase 15% damage for melee is that applies for "thrown melee"? Or it just applies when Im using the thrown melee for close combat (not thrown).

2. Some companion have different mods category. Such as Taxon can use mods sentinel and robotic. Is the effect also applies? (related to question number 1).

Thanks in advance

1. Melee applies to all kind of melee weapons.

And so does rifle, pistols and shotguns.

They all have their own versions of mods.

2. What?

They use same mods.

20 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea Glaives, or thrown melee counts as melee. Anything that goes in the melee slot is a melee and uses melee mods.

Only mods you can equip are shown when you mod something specifically in the weapons menu. 

If you're just going to the whole mod menu, it's gonna show everything.

19 hours ago, MqToasty said:

In general, if you can equip a mod on a piece of equipment, that piece of equipment will benefit from it.  The only exception I can think of right now is Firestorm/Fulmination on a non-explosive weapon.

As for those examples you bring up, the ontology of Warframe equipment is that everything belongs to a Category and all Categories are grouped hierarchically.  Each piece of equipment can use any mod that is meant for either its Category, or any of its Super/Parent Categories, going all the way up.

So suppose I had a (currently) Rank 25 Taxon, for example.  My Taxon is a Taxon, which is a Sentinel, which is a Robotic, which is a Companion.  So my Taxon can use all mods meant for Taxons, Sentinels, Robotics and Companions.  However, it cannot use any mods meant for Dethcube (which is another type of Sentinel), or any mods meant for MOAs (which is another type of Robotic), or any mods meant for Beasts (which is another type of Companion).

If you wish to understand where a piece of equipment sits what what mods it can use, I highly recommend the Warframe wiki.  Here's Taxon's page, for example, and you can click on the "Sentinels" link near the top to browse up the hierarchy:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Taxon

20 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea Glaives, or thrown melee counts as melee. Anything that goes in the melee slot is a melee and uses melee mods.

Only mods you can equip are shown when you mod something specifically in the weapons menu. 

If you're just going to the whole mod menu, it's gonna show everything.

19 hours ago, (PSN)FromOtherSpace said:

Only very specific Mod could be shown while having no effect on the weapons/WF/companion you are modding. The one which come to my mind is for AOE rifle (I miss its name -> Firestorm, thanks to MqToasty ;) )  but is show also for "normal" rifles, bullet speed mod also appear even for weapons without Diminution stat (It's called Diminution in english?). I think mod to silent your weapons could appear on already silent ones.

So, as a general rule : if a mod is show, it give some benefit and is applicable.

15 hours ago, sauceyboii11 said:

2. What?

They use same mods.

19 hours ago, (PSN)FromOtherSpace said:

15 hours ago, sauceyboii11 said:

2. What?

They use same mods.

Thank you so much for your answer all. Now I have better understanding about this! :D

Archived