Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Fix Mod Drops By Adding Gameplay (Bounty Hunting)

sewens

Mod drops are the biggest farm in the game. They make nekros look like a cakewalk. The alert system is great. Or at least the idea of it is, the rewards can sometimes be iffy and give little control over what you recieve. At first I thought it was like a "bounty hunting" system but its more like a side-mission you can do for some quick bonus credits or a neat weapon/Vauban. Anyway I'll cut to the chase:

Bounty hunting

This was in the original idea for Warframe so add it in already. Bounties can be common soldiers or bosses and your list of bounties gets maxed out every 24 hours when you receive the login reward (you can track a maximum of 5 bounties at first but your maximum increases with your rank). Each bounty drops a guaranteed mod and you can see what mod they will drop before even hunting them from the UI. You can recognize a bounty that you've viewed on the UI when you see them highlighted by a red glow. Bounties are similar to alerts in that they randomly generate on a clock and give you the rewards they say they say but with a exception: you might not be able to find them.

The total information you can get from a bounty is: What planet they are at, what mission on the planet, who they are, and what they drop. Most common bounties offer complete information but with a high-reward target you may only know what they drop or what planet they are at. I'd appreciate if you could find more bounty intel from gameplay (Maybe from a control room or armory *COUGH*https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/107004-more-level-interaction-exploration-actual-raiding/#entry1239434 )

But if that's too much you can always monetize the system. Pay plat to get a complete information on any bounty.

Edited by sewens

i dunno about platinum rewards. possibly give out an additional warframe slot or weapon slot on a very high-value target. (possibly a color palate, or other vanity item directly)

but finding mods directly? very very good idea.

serration, split chamber, barrel diffusion, hornet strike, (ahem: primed chamber)

these would be extremely useful for new or even moderately new players who have yet to get one.

done either with RNG or directly controlled by DE to limit the numbers, totally worth it.

fantastic idea though OP. +1

i can see this as being akin to the alert system, but with a vastly increased time-frame. (i honestly think 4 hours is a little light)

instead, maybe this should be done on a 24 hour system. resetting when daily awards are given.

this would give plenty of time to finish the bounty, as well as give those players who can't be around all the time something special.

it also limits the amount of times it can be done in a day to keep those who do play so much from taking advantage of it too often.

if you wish to limit the actual time given to finish the award, then have a start/finish time. once you accept the bounty and start your runs, you have X amount of time to finish, but the fact that it exists and resets every 24 hours gives you flexibility.

I actually thought about a 24 hour system, though it wouldn't work well for low-rank players. Maybe a combination of a 24 hour system and some way to find more potential bounties during gameplay.

EDIT: Scratch that. 24 hours is best.

Edited by sewens