Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sacrificial Mods for Primary/Secondary Weapons

(NSW)FatSanta

Seeing as we're about to finally get the New War combined with the recent melee nerf, are we going to see some Sacrificial mods for Primary/Secondary weapons? Something like a Sacrificial Serration/Hornet/Pointblank? 

I know using Amps can reset the damage adaptation Sentients get but using an AOE weapon like a Ogris, Zarr, etc. it would take an extremely long time to get rid of said adaptation which leaves us either with the Paracesis or using our Necramechs (in open world missions). 

15 minutes ago, (NSW)FatSanta said:

I know using Amps can reset the damage adaptation Sentients get but using an AOE weapon like a Ogris, Zarr, etc. it would take an extremely long time to get rid of said adaptation

Why would it take longer if the Sentients had adapted to damage coming from an AoE weapon, rather than something else?

If you're maybe talking about a situation where we're fighting a large group of actually tough Sentients at once, and have them all adapted ...
that doesn't really happen currently, and I don't think we've been given any indicator of that becoming a regular thing, either.

Though even if, a quick Void Blast [yay Basilisk Gaze], AoE Amp shot [yay Dissic], or Radial Howl would do just fine to mass-remove adaptation.

35 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Why would it take longer if the Sentients had adapted to damage coming from an AoE weapon, rather than something else?

If you're maybe talking about a situation where we're fighting a large group of actually tough Sentients at once, and have them all adapted ...
that doesn't really happen currently, and I don't think we've been given any indicator of that becoming a regular thing, either.

Though even if, a quick Void Blast [yay Basilisk Gaze], AoE Amp shot [yay Dissic], or Radial Howl would do just fine to mass-remove adaptation.

It is the latter situation that I'm thinking of. I'm assuming during the New War we'll be facing hordes of Sentients (a la Orphix Venom) but potentially without the help of Voidrig's 4th 😅

I know the options you listed+Xata's whisper are all options but seeing as we've got Umbral and Sacrificial mods, a set for Primary and Secondary weapons doesn't seem too far-fetched and may allow for some variability when it comes to fighting Sentient hodes. Right now, at least in my opinion, the options are somewhat limited to most frames running the Paracesis, using the Unairu School (w/ Basilisk Gaze unlocked), Dissic Scaffold, Xata's Whisper or having an Excalibur Umbra in the squads. 

I feel like there's a place for Sacrificial Primary or Secondary mods. Maybe it's just me. Hopefully it'll be part of the New War quest. Who knows. 

There are sentients enemy fodder as well. The new war will be a storyline mission that is hyped, it will probably have a very low MR requirement and for it, it is even possible that we get a squish of the current mr requirements for the rest of the main path. And even if ends up beeing a mr10-ish gated content, it will still be confortable with ultra basic power level.

There will probably be more umbra mods and maybe frames in the future, but it can be very well be post new war content. Tau resist for example, won't probably be very usefull there.

53 minutes ago, (NSW)FatSanta said:

I'm assuming during the New War we'll be facing hordes of Sentients

If so, anything coming close to horde-like I'll bet you Scintillant to Credits will be weaksauce fodder at best,
Quests aren't really when Warframe shows its "hardcore" side, look at how Kahl took out several Sentients with a Grakata & Machete :P

55 minutes ago, (NSW)FatSanta said:

using the Unairu School (w/ Basilisk Gaze unlocked)

Just FYI, that's a Waybound.

I doubt we'll get sacrificial gun mods, for a few reasons:

- Xata's Whisper exists and is subsumable.

- Shedu and Paracesis exist: both remove Sentient adaptations.

- Amps and Operators exist, and DE don't want them to become less relevant: aside from safe reviving, void dashing, and some focus abilities like  Zenurik's Energizing Dash, the only other reason to use operators is to reset adaptations on Sentients and Shadow Stalker. it only takes 2 seconds to do this if you get close enough; you should transfer-shoot-transfer again before the enemy can retaliate, unless you get client-side transference lag.

- we have scaling mods for guns now: granted they don't counter adaptations but they do make killing high level sentients, or anyhtign really, much easier.

- you can't Umbra Forma guns.

also, we don't fight Sentients in droves like every other faction, they are usually only a few at a time, and their cannon fodder unit, the Brachiolyst, can't adapt anyway, so it's not really warranted for AoE guns like Kuva Ogris to be able to strip adaptations.

Archived