Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sister/lich Emphemera

Ryoma-

So I just want to talk about Sister/lich emphemera's real quick and about the drop rate at the moment and a way I think It could be improved a bit. Now when it comes to emphemera's I do see some frustration with grinding for example people doing like 10+ liches or sisters or MORE and getting nothing. Now, I just wanna say on average doing a lich or sister can take up to an hour and a half if you are just grinding sisters or liches but it can take up to 2 hours per lich/sister. And I feel like for people struggling at the moment with emphemera's I feel like there should be something to help those people out a bit more. My idea is that maybe lich/sisters emphemera's can go up a bit after the person killed or converted their sister/lich. For example, the base drop chance for an emphemera is 20% so lets say if some one Converts or vanquishes a lich/sister it can go up by a certain percent. For example killing one lich will raise it by 5% causing the drop chance to go up to 25%. And if the next lich doesn't have it and the person kills that one it goes up by another 5% going up to 30% and if THAT lich/sister doesn't have it, it goes up again so on and so on. I just think something like this will help for people who like grinding for cosmetics and don't get discourage grinding for them. Because recently, I've been struggling to get the fire emphemera from the sisters and I've already done like 8 and haven't gotten it yet. I just think a system like this in place will at least help ease players into becoming less stressed or demoralized to keep going with the grind. I genuinely feel like this will help alleviate some of the frustrations people may have with grinding that certain cosmetic. 

It can be frustrating to have bad luck but the drop rates are not terrible. If the things were piss-easy to obtain then it would make them less valuable/desirable for players. Part of the bait-on-hook thing is that chasing these things is part of the attraction.

Think of it like this. If the thing were really easy to obtain then everyone would have them and you wouldn't feel as though you've done/found something special. On the other end, if the thing is exceptionally rare then you are filled with negative emotions whenever you roll "lose" but the moment you roll "win" you are extra excited/proud. 

20% is a pretty solid chance IMO.

Here's the thing though. Not everyone feels the same way about this. And it can be extremely frustrating for someone with limited time to even have the chance to get that cosmetic. Also its just a cosmetic and I feel as though just because its rare to get doesn't always mean its special. I just Genuinely feel like the grind for some people is just demoralizing and can cause players to be extremely frustrated. So I'd argue that having a system to help players not feel so frustrated would help. I would argue bait-on-hook strategy can be good at times but when you have a series of bad luck that can really make a person feel miserable. So I'd say although 20% is decently fair for people who struggle and are being frustrated should at least get some help.

2 hours ago, Ryoma- said:

So I'd argue that having a system to help players not feel so frustrated would help.

It exists. You can trade liches and sisters.

Although I've only gotten one sister ephemera thus far, I'm not worried. I got all the lich ephemeras before I got all their weapons to 60% which is good enough, if you ask me, because as long as you haven't maxed them all, you still got a reason to farm them. And yeah, as said, you can always sell some stuff and buy the right ephemera lich/sis. Technically, that's not Pay 2 Win since the plat is only circulated between players.

Here is the thing I'd argue is that not everyone wants to really pay for their emphemeras. And when it comes to the weapon side. I pretty much have all the weapons I want pretty much maxed out in terms of elemental damage. It's just kinda frustrating because I've already killed 13 sisters and still haven't gotten a single drop and I don't want to spend 150p just to have a sister to kill again just for one cosmetic I payed someone for. This is just frustrating for someone like me who is soon not gonna have time to even play this game much. 

Edit:I mean 13 heat sisters. So far I've killed 32 sisters if I include the other ones I did before grinding heat. 

8 hours ago, Leqesai said:

It can be frustrating to have bad luck but the drop rates are not terrible. If the things were piss-easy to obtain then it would make them less valuable/desirable for players. Part of the bait-on-hook thing is that chasing these things is part of the attraction.

That's not entirely true, though. Some players get two ephemeras off their first three liches. Others don't get their first one until they've done at least 10. 

It's not like you 'earn' them. It's purely about whether you got lucky. Having some system that helps balance out bad luck doesn't hurt anyone. Think of Valence Fusion - a system that was introduced exactly for this reason. Sure, some people are still lucky and get a 60% drop straight up, but at least you can work towards that if you're not lucky. 

They're desirable because they're pretty, not because of some artificial rarity. 

3 minutes ago, Schwitzer said:

That's not entirely true, though. Some players get two ephemeras off their first three liches. Others don't get their first one until they've done at least 10. 

It's not like you 'earn' them. It's purely about whether you got lucky. Having some system that helps balance out bad luck doesn't hurt anyone. Think of Valence Fusion - a system that was introduced exactly for this reason. Sure, some people are still lucky and get a 60% drop straight up, but at least you can work towards that if you're not lucky. 

They're desirable because they're pretty, not because of some artificial rarity. 

Being lucky or unlucky does not affect the fact that they have a 20% drop rate, my dude. Thats a pretty high chance by warframe standards. Just because someone is really unlucky doesnt change the numbers. 

And the artificial rarity is 100% part of why the numbers are what they are. Warframe is a business. They aren't just giving this stuff out without some kind of expectation of time invested.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Being lucky or unlucky does not affect the fact that they have a 20% drop rate, my dude. Thats a pretty high chance by warframe standards. Just because someone is really unlucky doesnt change the numbers. 

And the artificial rarity is 100% part of why the numbers are what they are. Warframe is a business. They aren't just giving this stuff out without some kind of expectation of time invested.

Oh, please. Statistics don't matter to the individual. Someone who does one run and gets a drop has an effective 100% rate, and someone that does 10 and gets none has 0%. If everyone was doing hundreds of runs then yes, all probabilities would converge on 20%. But you're missing the point here.

Just now, Schwitzer said:

Oh, please. Statistics don't matter to the individual. Someone who does one run and gets a drop has an effective 100% rate, and someone that does 10 and gets none has 0%. If everyone was doing hundreds of runs then yes, all probabilities would converge on 20%. But you're missing the point here.

To each their own, my dude. Best of luck to you.

I genuinely believe a system that can atleast help with players getting it would ease frustration. Like I've already did 2 sisters today and still haven't got nothing. So my sister count is up to 15. Because let's be real, some people are lucky some are not. And it can really be sh*tty if you are grinding for God knows how long and don't get sh*t. Like bro I know people who have done more than me and still haven't got an ephemera after like 30 kills

Archived