Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe they addressed it and I just can't find where. But how come Tenet Melee weapons aren't used by Sisters of Parvos? I wish it was...

(PSN)GingyGreen

At least it's a bandaid,with a smaller variety for the sisters it means there's a higher chance to get the gun you want.

Because right now with the amount of Kuva weapons it's a pain to get the one you want.

It's probably because melee enemies just aren't the most capable. Pretty much any verticality renders them helpless. Their hounds could still be a pain but, c'mon - your Sister getting bested by a metre-high wall? That's pretty lame in its own regard.

8 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I bet the animation crew gave up or some other bugs simply stopped it from working.

The melee tenet weapons just feel ... hurriedly placed in the Perrin sequence shop. 

With a threadbare justification.

To be honest, that would explain why all the liches are female. It's much easier to animate them compared to kuva liches, that have way more variety in terms of build and gender. I don't blame anyone, covid has been hard for the mocap crew.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Symberzite said:

To be honest, that would explain why all the liches are female. It's much easier to animate them compared to kuva liches, that have way more variety in terms of build and gender. I don't blame anyone, covid has been hard for the mocap crew.

Would also explain how all of them have the exact same profile and barely any variation in appearances...

On 2021-07-25 at 10:35 AM, Tyreaus said:

It's probably because melee enemies just aren't the most capable. Pretty much any verticality renders them helpless. Their hounds could still be a pain but, c'mon - your Sister getting bested by a metre-high wall? That's pretty lame in its own regard.

You’ve clearly never fought a steel path acolyte. 
I mean, even basic enemies in this game are able to traverse vertically.

8 hours ago, (NSW)Symberzite said:

What?

That makes literally no sense and you clearly have no background in animation. One you have a mocap performance, you can use that on animations for any model. Often without even needing to tweak it much at all.

It has nothing to do with animations, as all of the necessary animations exist.

On 2021-07-25 at 10:09 AM, V2lkyr said:

At least it's a bandaid,with a smaller variety for the sisters it means there's a higher chance to get the gun you want.

Because right now with the amount of Kuva weapons it's a pain to get the one you want.

This is like the only comment in this thread that I agree with. Some people have suggested it was easier for DE to do things this way.

I disagree, creating a new shop with new resources and new dialogue etc, would’ve been exceptionally more work than just dumping the melee weapons into the sister pool.

I very much agree it was to prevent the sister pool from being over diluted, as there have been a lot of threads complaining about how getting a specific weapon is very time consuming.

Archived