Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Peaceful zones for fishing

Not_Ambrose

Question

17 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Not_Ambrose said:

sadly, im a newbie at the game, so theres no way for me to get any of these stuff.

lucky for me, i found this spot after 3 hours of randomly wandering around searching (pain, was almost braindead at that point)

so i tested this and found that if you go to the spot using the red line i marked, theres a good chance you'll be able to fish for around half a hour or more before getting attacked (go at night, and bring a codex scanner! the codex scanner highlights all the fish in the water, so you dont need to spend points to buy that dye.)

the white spot is the spot where i got attacked almost every time when i went through that way,  even at night, i still got attacked. (so yeah, dont go there if u wanna be peacefully fishing)

fishingspot.png

do you happen to have archwing?

if you don't get followed / attract any attention on your way there, and just drop quietly from the sky, i find that i always have better chance of not getting attacked at all.

might want to try that, or make one if you haven't. you'll need it anyway.

3 minutes ago, Not_Ambrose said:

is plat plantium?

in that case, how do I sell it for platinum?

Yep, Platinum.

Trade chat and use a Dojo. (either yours, your clan's or someone elses, Maroo's Bazaar can function as an alternative)

I did a quick check and it seems external sites like Nexusstats aren't viable anymore for this, but WF Market still displays active fish sales if you want to mass-sell, not great selling prices though but free plat is free plat.

9 hours ago, kgabor said:

You could use a Smeeta Kavat for random multipliers for more fish if you're not doing that already.

If you like to do that, you could probably still even make some plat with it by selling the excess fish.

Last i checked they were still selling at an ok price, if that's still the case it's free plat.

is plat plantium?

in that case, how do I sell it for platinum?

You could use a Smeeta Kavat for random multipliers for more fish if you're not doing that already.

If you like to do that, you could probably still even make some plat with it by selling the excess fish.

Last i checked they were still selling at an ok price, if that's still the case it's free plat.

3 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

Around 1 fish per 30 seconds. I'd call it good. You can be screwed by spawn also fish sometimes can be under ground, not water. 

And also if you have access to volt try fishing with him. His passive adds damage to your attacks depending on distance travelled by foot prior. And spear throw is an attack. So with doing a couple seconds wiggling around adds damage. With this additional boost you can use the first fishing spear to fish for every species on PoE thus saving some rep by not buying specialized spears. That will not work on Orb Vallis cause servofish uses different mechanics and Deimos cause fish there doesn't have quirks like "you need to have armor piercing spear to catch this".

Btw, you fish just for the relaxation or you try to farm rep this way?

i fish just for the relaxation and bc im bored (even though half the missions arnt completed)

6 часов назад, Not_Ambrose сказал:

i got this much fish from half a hour of fishing at the corner of the map, is this good?

Around 1 fish per 30 seconds. I'd call it good. You can be screwed by spawn also fish sometimes can be under ground, not water. 

And also if you have access to volt try fishing with him. His passive adds damage to your attacks depending on distance travelled by foot prior. And spear throw is an attack. So with doing a couple seconds wiggling around adds damage. With this additional boost you can use the first fishing spear to fish for every species on PoE thus saving some rep by not buying specialized spears. That will not work on Orb Vallis cause servofish uses different mechanics and Deimos cause fish there doesn't have quirks like "you need to have armor piercing spear to catch this".

Btw, you fish just for the relaxation or you try to farm rep this way?

every spot is a peaceful spot when youre invisible.

take ivara and fish in peace all day. if you dont have access to ivara yet....

theres that spot with the dead whale/shark thing.....you can usually fish there without being bothered. leave cetus......hug the leftmost border of the map...and go all the way to the beach.

No peaceful zones, only relatively peaceful ones.

Other than the already mentioned, the hotspots near the Northwestern part of Er-Phryah-s Vigil are also less disturbed by patrols, despite the nearby base.

Once you kill everything near Cetus without alarms the small lake also becomes safe enough.

Renthi Spring is alright as far as i remember, but it seems to be an area frequently crossed by Eidolons.

Really, just bring Ivara and you can fish anywhere.

I find "corners" of playable area to be the calmest, usually cause there are no points of interest there so not much reason for AI to wander around. Also the middle of Gara Toht.

1 час назад, Not_Ambrose сказал:

bring a codex scanner! the codex scanner highlights all the fish in the water, so you dont need to spend points to buy that dye

While that's a good tip, it's bothersome unless you have some hotkeys to spare for constant gear switching.

When you have time to deal with Fortuna, grab Oxylus blueprint when you have a chance and some spare resources. This sentinel has a dedicated mod to show you fish hotspots on minimap and also highlight the fish with no dye cost. An ideal helper for when you do dedicated fishing sessions.

51 minutes ago, Not_Ambrose said:

sadly, im a newbie at the game, so theres no way for me to get any of these stuff.

lucky for me, i found this spot after 3 hours of randomly wandering around searching (pain, was almost braindead at that point)

so i tested this and found that if you go to the spot using the red line i marked, theres a good chance you'll be able to fish for around half a hour or more before getting attacked (go at night, and bring a codex scanner! the codex scanner highlights all the fish in the water, so you dont need to spend points to buy that dye.)

the white spot is the spot where i got attacked almost every time when i went through that way,  even at night, i still got attacked. (so yeah, dont go there if u wanna be peacefully fishing)

fishingspot.png

The bottom right corner of that map is peaceful, I've fished there for ages before. You may have to kill a gunship when you first arrive, once they're dead, you will rarely be interrupted. 

On 2021-07-25 at 4:56 PM, Soy77 said:

We all do.

I swear everytime i wanted to fish back then, a #*!%ing patrol passes, calls in 7 backup ships, then godam tusk thumper or profit taker crash the party. When nw was still on season 3, nora never fails to light up the party as well "HOOOOOOLLLL UUPPP!!!"

My solution to this is bring a saryn, ember, volt, or other nuker with max range and power strength. Make a necramech and put 8 formas, as well as a godam archgun that can utterly obliterate sp. Since i have those stuff, somehow my fishing sessions are always peaceful.

Wukong twin can also help standing guard while you fish.

There are no peaceful zones for fishing. There's only fishing peacefully on top of piles of dead bodies.

fishingspot.png

5 hours ago, Not_Ambrose said:

I just wanna find a good place to fish without getting shot at, ya know?

We all do.

I swear everytime i wanted to fish back then, a #*!%ing patrol passes, calls in 7 backup ships, then godam tusk thumper or profit taker crash the party. When nw was still on season 3, nora never fails to light up the party as well "HOOOOOOLLLL UUPPP!!!"

My solution to this is bring a saryn, ember, volt, or other nuker with max range and power strength. Make a necramech and put 8 formas, as well as a godam archgun that can utterly obliterate sp. Since i have those stuff, somehow my fishing sessions are always peaceful.

Wukong twin can also help standing guard while you fish.

There are no peaceful zones for fishing. There's only fishing peacefully on top of piles of dead bodies.

Archived