Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zymos and Secondary Deadhead

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

The Zymos, is designed to Reward Headshots

in fact the majority of its damage comes from its headshot mechanic, where they trigger a delayed explosion

however it does not work properly with Secondary Deadhead. The Delay for the damage application causes it to not activate the Arcane.

it is extremely unfortunate that a Headshot focused weapon does not work with the Headshot Arcane.

DE, Please look into this?

Same applies to status effects like heat/slash killing an enemy after a headshot. So no, I don't think this is overlooked or something in need of "fixing". It seems to be working as intended.

If you want to use secondary deadhead arcane just use the Knell, it actually works like a charm especially with the max-rank arcane.

1 hour ago, Quimoth said:

Same applies to status effects like heat/slash killing an enemy after a headshot. So no, I don't think this is overlooked or something in need of "fixing". It seems to be working as intended.

If you want to use secondary deadhead arcane just use the Knell, it actually works like a charm especially with the max-rank arcane.

No, those need fixing too.

If you shoot someone in the head, and get a bleed proc that then kills them.

so the cause of death was 'bleeding from a head wound'

that's a headshot kill.

6 hours ago, Quimoth said:

I wouldn't be so sure these are working as intended.   But if it is, the intention should be rethought.  Otherwise it unduly punishes precision weapons that kill things with status effects.  To what end?   Is there some reason we should be discouraging that option and encouraging direct damage?  

If so...I'd note that Merciless and Dexterity have no such problem.  Does it make sense that status applies for a kill condition but not for a headshot kill condition? 😉

On 2021-07-25 at 9:23 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

it is extremely unfortunate that a Headshot focused weapon does not work with the Headshot Arcane.

I'd say it's all extremely unfortunate -- the not working with status effects as mentioned later. (But then again, the studio is not known for thinking things through.)

I guess the Deadhead Arcanes are best used just with snipers when you're sure you can kill with raw damage. I haven't tested with Veldt yet -- which is somewhat a favourite of mine -- but it's likely I'll end up using one of the other two.

Side note: Everything about Veldt is great, except it's in the wrong game and wasn't born as a sniper. 😅

Archived