Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack improvement ideas

(XBOX)Nightseid

I enjoy playing Railjack however there are still a few improvements I would like to see added to the game mode.

1. Completing the mission - When a mission ends in Railjack and players receive the rewards, it’s gets a little confusing what to do next when other players want to continue exploring. Do I abort mission to go back to your orbiter, if so, do lose those rewards? Do I wait until we dock at a dojo? In regular missions or landscape missions when I feel like exiting, I simply go to the extraction point and end my session without fear of losing my progress while other continue exploring. I feel some sort of QoL feature needs to be added to indicate players can safely end their session once the mission is completed because the only way to end your session, I can see is to abort the mission and that message “you will lose progress” is completed is worrisome.

2. Overhaul how engineering works - I do not like the forge aspect of Railjack, especially if you play solo. Having to grinding resources to create missiles while you are actively in mission feels like I'm already losing the mission and takes me away from the action. It does not help that the Railjack crew member(s) that I assigned to engineering do not automatically forge more items when I need either. I propose an alternative solution: instead of players having to always manually forge items instead have omni resources and munitions restock automatically much like arch-wing ammo - perhaps 1 unit every few seconds with an option to manually forge items. This could open the door for players to further customize their Railjacks by upgrade these forges to increase the restock rate. If an enemy sabotage the forge it will pause the restocking processing until it is repaired by the player. Whenever I play multiplayers games, I hardly see anyone forging new items anyways.

3. Railjack abilities should be on cooldown and not share the energy pool of Warframes - I'm confused as to why enemy ships do not drop energy orbs when killed if our Railjack abilities use energy to be casted. For this reason, I tend to always use Larvos for Railjack missions. As his abilities are cooldown-based I do not need to worry about insufficient energy to cast my Railjack abilities. I feel this overpowers the Railjack. It forces me to properly time when to use the abilities but does not screw me in when I do make a mistake, forcing me to disengage from the pilot seat and drop an energy pizza.

4. Introduce some archwing missions into Railjack - I like that I can board ships switch to regular mission temporarily in Railjack, although not for the endless types. I surprised DE has not added Archwing missions in Railjack already, specifically the archwing sabotage missions. I feel it could be easily integrated as far as mission progression goes as players can sabotage the ship via the boarding party, then they blow a hole in a corpus “Deathstar” with the Railjack heavy gun and then fly into the ship’s interior to destroy the ship’s core. The current archwing tile ship for corpus sabotage already has that appearance.

5. Introduce an endless skirmish mode - I find it silly to have regular endless missions in Railjack because you are not using the Railjack. So why do a Railjack mission if you are simply going to jump into a regular endless defense? Railjack needs a proper endless for itself so folks that enjoy Railjack and continue playing this game mode. So here is an idea for an endless skirmish defense idea; let's call mission type: scramble. Scramble is a military term used to quickly mobilize aircraft against a hostile threat usually in defense of an airbase. The idea here is players must defend a colonist’s relay against waves of enemies. In this mission type players will enter the mission via their own Railjacks to fight off the enemy invasion. Yes, my idea for this mission type is have all 4 players pilot their own Railjacks with their crew, however, once a player's ship is destroyed then each other player will have 1 crew member will loaded out of their Railjacks allowing other players to board each other's ships. The game ends once all Railjacks have been destroyed (failure), the relay is destroyed (failure) or players decide to no longer continue the mission after every 5th* wave (success). This mission type will use the standard defense mission of 5 waves rounds with a rotation of a, a, b, c.

Archived